Key features - good location, excellent staff and especially on reception, pleasant rooms, small town and restaurants within easy walking distance, beach OK for sunbathing and perhaps a cool off (and brilliant for small children) but the hotel's bit is only some 40 yards long (and 6 yards deep) and the sea no more than 4 ft deep until you wade out for 60 yards or so (and so we tended to drive off to small bays of which there are plenty).
Hotel pool looked pleasant - but might, for a 4 star hotel, soon do with an upgrade from the traditional hard concrete sided surround to something more 'lapping'. Similarly rooms one day soon but currently OK (though we really could not see how there might have been room for an extra bed or bunks as advertised).
The only downside for us was, unfortunately, the dinner - but we only tried it once and just might have been unlucky. It was, as we remarked to one of the managers (or could have been owner) more like hotel food rather than restaurant food. Slightly bland and main course as if it might have been re-heated (too much). When we did (very courteously) comment they seemed shocked and suggested that we might try again or try the slightly superior Blu restaurant outdoors - but as we thought once bitten twice shy and more expensive than eating simply out and it was not clear if they were offering us any incentives, we did not risk it.
Other than that, pretty nice all round. A few package groups, who were eating separately. And might have done with a bit of life (or even quiet music) after dinner when most seemed to disappear. Quite a traditional hotel (waiters in smart white jackets and a Maitre 'D). Did hear that they had become now part of a group (with Su Gologone where food is wonderful). Trust they will keep their personal touches and feel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Completely renovated modern high quality 4 Stars Hotel with private beach, pools, restaurants, dock. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Travelocity, Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your Hotel Gabbiano Azzurro reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gabbiano Azzurro Hotel
- Gabbiano Azzurro Golfo Aranci
- Hotel Gabbiano Azzurro Sardinia/Golfo Aranci, Italy