“Good service, friendly and helpful staff I love it here”
Review of Lindgart Hotel

Lindgart Hotel
Ranked #1 of 11 Hotels in Minden
Reviewed March 30, 2014

I from Bangkok, Thailand biding Minden for business trip here. As living in the country of services everywhere been to many four to five stars hotels, even this HolidayInn is a lot smaller than what we have in Thailand but I am quite impressed by the staff here a lot it's over expected they are friendly smile and helpful. I am now having breakfast and couldn't even wait until finish breakfast first before writing this review. I would definitely recommend this to everyone plan to visiting Minden. CJ Jaikla

• Stayed: March 2014
Bernd N, Manager at Lindgart Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 4, 2014

Dear Mr. Jaikla,

thank your for taking the time reviewing about your stay at the Holiday Inn Minden.

We appreciate your comments regarding our customer service. Our goal is to ensure that the guests feel the comfort and friendliness they expect. Hence our staff is taking their requests seriously.

We hope you enjoyed your breakfast as much as you valued your stay and would be glad to welcome you again.

Kind regards,

Reviewed March 28, 2014

Excellent for business trip. Clean, easy to park. Staff is friendly, and rooms are okay. Breakfast is usual, but good. Bar and restaurant is open until 11 pm, so could get food if you arrive late. Delicious, but not too many options.

Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
Bernd N, General Manager at Lindgart Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 30, 2014

Dear Denes S.

thank you for your feedback regarding your last stay at Holiday Inn Minden.

We are pleased that you were satisfied with our service and room. Our goal ist to ensure that all of our guests feel at home and see our motivation in fulfilling their requests.

We hope to welcome you again one day.

Kind regards

Reviewed October 12, 2013

A nice hotel with a good service, can recommend the restaurant and the breakfast was delicious, we had a nice and quiet room facing the garden on 3 die floor. Unfortunately it was only one night, had wanted one more day but the hotel was fully booked

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Bernd N, Manager at Lindgart Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 14, 2013

Dear NJMJCopenhagen,

We hope to welcome you again at our Holiday Inn Minden.

Reviewed September 19, 2013

One night stay in this hotel in September 2013 , I have stayed here before as well , generally a good hotel , the hotel is very nice , clean and well maintained , the only things I would mention are the following points ,

1) check in is 3pm and if you land in the morning and want to freshen up before heading off to your meeting is not ideal. we had to leave our bags there and head off to the business meeting and checked in at around 5pm when we came back.

2) breakfast is very bland and boring , nothing hot is served i.e omelettes , or hash browns or beans etc ,

3) I don't think the hotel has Air conditioning or maybe it was not on , but it gets hot in the room when the sun shines in the morning .

4) wifi is not great keeps cutting off.

I would stay at this hotel again as it is normally for 1/2 nights and the shopping near the hotel is great everything is walking distance and you can see the old town on foot, including the river wesser.

Room Tip: rooms facing the gardens are much quieter, for relaxing holiday
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank SANJAY P
Bernd N, Manager at Lindgart Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 27, 2013

Dear LombardInteriors,

thank you for taking the time to relay your comments regarding our hotel during your stay.

We always try to have a room ready if a guest arrives early but during this time we had a fair and we were fully booked.

On our breakfast we do offer hot meals like scrambled eggs or sausages and also omelettes.

We have air-condition in our lobby. Just ask for a fan during your next stay.

We know in these days, the availability of high speed internet connection is more and more important for our business guests. That is the reason why we decided to upgrade our wifi access points.

We like to apologize for any circumstances you may have experienced during your stay and like to welcome you back at the Holiday Inn Minden.

Reviewed August 25, 2013

I stayed in this hotel for seven nights at the end of August. My PC status was recognised at reception and I was given a peaceful room at the back of the hotel. This looks out onto a garden with fountain and private flats.
The room itself was certainly clean, and was cleaned efficiently every day in the morning. Decent amenities such as minibar, free tea/coffee were in the room, as well as an option for room service.
The room had a decent flat screen TV, although the only English channel was CNN; there were a few dozen German language channels, including as you would expect RTL/Sat 1 etc...
I used the hotel bar a few times, which is fine, but not really a place to spend too much time if you are on your own. Beer was decent, although the staff I don't think are really geared up to interact much with the customers. Some wore badges to say they speak English, but how well I am not too sure.
I used the hotel restaurant one time, and found it to be fine, although had a very simple dish. The buffet the hotel does seems to be the biggest draw, although didn't try this.
One gripe was the Wi-Fi access in the hotel. In my room, on the first floor, I had to sit by my room door to get a signal - I wanted to work at the desk by the window, so this was somewhat frustrating.
A free newspaper (FT) was provided to my room every day.
Overall, I think this is a well-run hotel; staff seem to know what they are doing, and service is efficient.
Location of the hotel is also good; the old town can be reached in minutes on foot, and there are some good restaurants in Minden.
I would return to this hotel next time I am in Minden.

Room Tip: Back of the hotel is probably best.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed May 29, 2013

Chose this stop in my trip solely to keep up my Platinum status, it was a bit out of the way for me.

Parking available on street (I used this) and in underground garage. I assume the garage costs $, but I do not know for sure.

Reception was friendly and efficient. No comps or upgrades for the Platinum status (paper in the am, though).

Room was clean but a little awkwardly designed with a small work surface jammed in a corner. Beds not particularly comfortable....whats new, its Germany.

Bathroom was not spacious, but was clean. Had a strange corner tub that you could not use full length, but could sit upright in with knees folded. Because it was in the corner, it was plenty wide for the shower. Only problem I had was with the flush mechanism of the toilet.....did not work reliably and I never learned the "trick".

Looked in on the sauna area, it was spotless and inviting.

Had dinner in the hotel restaurant. Menu was very nice, but there was only one server on duty for both the bar and restaurant. Service was painfully slow. I don't mean just by American standards.....painfully slow. Maybe 15 minutes to get a menu....at least 10-15 minutes to get the beer I ordered, etc...and there were only a handful of parties in the restaurant. Food, however, was quite good.

Breakfast was 15E, so a bargain compared to some places, lol. The buffet was fine.

Checkout efficient and friendly.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Bernd N, Manager at Lindgart Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 5, 2013

Dear biztrav123,

thank you for taking the time to write a review about your stay with us. Our goal is to ensure that all our clients leave satisfied and we try our best to fulfill all our guest requests. I apologize for the shortfalls during your recent stay with us.

We have also long bathtubs instead of cornertubs. We will take a note for your profile you like to have a long bathtub.

Furthermore we have taken your comments as an opportunity to train the employees in dealing with guests and time management.

We hope to welcome you again to show you our quality of services.

Kind regards

Reviewed May 14, 2013

Great hotel ideal to stay if travelling to Hannover or Bad Schulzen Exhibitions - 40 minutes from both maximum quiet location staff very friendly and good restaurant wireless slow and drops out but otherwise very good overall and location. 1 hour from Paderborn airport and 40 minutes from Hannover

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Minden
Hotel Bad Minden
#6 of 11 in Minden
Hotel Kronprinz
Hotel Kronprinz
#4 of 11 in Minden

Been to Lindgart Hotel? Share your experiences!