Leonardo Hotel Heidelberg-Walldorf
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
Hotel Erbprinz(Walldorf)
  • Bar/Lounge
Hotel Ambiente(Walldorf)
Haus Landgraf(Walldorf)
Hotel Vorfelder(Walldorf)
View Hotel
All reviewsmini gymbusiness visitmorning and eveningindoor poolconvenient placebar area istypically germannice hotelsleep qualitybreakfast buffetminute drivemy colleaguerooms are bigsmall villagespacious roomhotel is locatedheidelberg
FilterAll languages
Reviewed January 22, 2012

We use this hotel as a regular overnight stop on our way to Bavaria and have stayed here quite a few times. Our experiences of staying here have always been positive and the staff have always been friendly and helpful. We arrived on 9th January 2012 and as the hotel was quiet and we are Priority Club members we were given a free upgrade to a Comfort Room. We settled in, unpacked our overnight bags and went off for an evening meal. We returned to our room at about 9pm and as we had been driving since 5am that morning we settled down, my husband went off to sleep and I decided to read for awhile. The room we were allocated had adjoining doors and although we have stayed in such a room before we have never noticed our 'neighbours'. However, it soon became apparent that on this occasion our neighbours were having a very good time. Initially I thought it was a someone shouting, well it was, but it was blatently obvious that the couple were not having an argument but instead were engaged in extremely vigorous and noisy sex, with the woman loudly giving every encouragement in the book. It awoke my husband but we always travel with earplugs to hand, so he just put them in and tried to go back to sleep. However, even the earplugs failed to blot out the energetic session going on in the next room and we resorted to turning the TV on to try to cover their noise. They carried on for the next half an hour, following which things went quiet although we could still hear them talking. At about 11pm I put earplugs in and settled down to sleep, but our insatiable neighbours had other ideas - and so began session number two, this was accompanied by much creaking of the bed and even louder exclamations and shrieks from the woman. My earplugs were next to useless. Once again this lasted about half an hour, then we presume they must have collapsed through exhaustion. By the morning all was quiet and we heard no more from them.

Now you could say why didnt we contact Reception and ask to be moved? I am sure if we had have done they would have moved us without any argument. But we had been driving all day, had settled down into our room and my husband had gone to sleep. And to be honest I dont see why we should have to move. I did mention the matter next morning when we checked out and the Receptionist was apologetic but understandably explained that there was very little they could do, in fact the young man I spoke to went quite red and looked very embarassed. However, on speaking to another member of staff it was clear that some 'customers' book a room until about 2pm - 3pm, they are there for one thing only and the staff usually can pick up on these kinds of encounters. Our 'neighbours' had probably departed in the small hours. So why put them into a room with such a flimsy, adjoining door, when they probably know everything can be quite clearly heard? I am no prude, but following a long day on the road, when all we wanted was to settle down and sleep, it was disturbing and embarassing to hear someone so loudly and obviously having sex, had I wanted to experience this I would have had one of the Pay per View channels on the TV. Next time we will expressly ask for a room with no adjoining doors.

Room Tip: Be aware that rooms with adjoining doors mean you can hear your neighbours.
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 20, 2012

I stayed here about 7 years ago and it was very sad to see that no renovations were made to the old fashioned rooms or the public areas (except the bar which has the new modern HolidayInn look).
Carpets and furniture are visibly old and worn, even in the executive room that I had. A tiny old TV that was mounted close to the ceiling with a remote that only worked from time to time and a dirty ironing equipment in the room also don't give room for positive excitement.
The so called fitness room is not worth mentioning. It's just a former hotel room that was stuffed obviously ages ago with some equipment that more or less works. The pool area has a terrible chlorine smell which usually only happens when the chlorine already consumed too much organic residue (= dirty).
For a 4* HolidayInn with upscale prices this is a shame…
However, the breakfast was good: good selection, quick service. And they provide free parking.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed November 28, 2011

We spend 2 nights there with the objective to visit the christmas market of Bad Wimpfen. Even if the surrounding is not very nice, this hotel is very nice and baby friendly (we travelled with 2 children : 4 and 2 y.o.). Children received some toys in the restaurant. We got a baby bed. There is a small outdoor playground.
There is a swimming pool: 1,45m deep; so not really 'baby friendly'. But the temperature of the water is very nice so the children really enjoyed it.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed July 29, 2011

We stayed at this hotel on the way back home from the Czech Republic and while the hotel was generally nice we were very disappointed by the way the hotel acted after we had left. On checking in we were told al the things we needed to know and where and when breakfast was. The next morning we went to breakfast as we thought that was included. Just as we were finishing the waitress came over and said our room hadn't paid for breakfast so we needed to pay separately for it 20 Euros per person! The room only cost 70. On checking out we told them what had happened and we were only charged for the room. 3 weeks later there was a 40 Euro charge applied to my debit card. After e-mailing i was told that it was for breakfast - which we had already been told on checking out we weren't being charged for. Very disappointing that 3 weeks after leaving and without any warning further items are charged to my account.

Stayed: January 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 21, 2011

This is the place to stay if you are working in the SAP buildings. On a sunny day you can even walk to work

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled on business