“I Wish This Rating Could Have Been Higher but......”
Review of Zum Echten

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Bautzen
Zum Echten
Ranked #6 of 14 Bautzen B&B and Inns
Jenkintown
“I Wish This Rating Could Have Been Higher but......”
Reviewed August 13, 2012

First I'll begin with the positives.Zum Echten's location is central, convenient and walkable to much of what Bautzen has to offer.My spotless room was light, airy and equippped with everything I needed (2 beds, a chair, desk , and modern bathroom).
The owner was professional and gracious. He even set up his personal laptop for me so that I could check email.
The interior and exterior of the entire building were quietly attractive.
The very generous,delicious, traditional breakfast was served in the pleasant restaurant portion of the building.
The dolls that were whimsically scattered throughout the restaurant added a cute touch.

Unfortunately, the problems began during my first night when I, jet-lagged and filthy, wanted nothing more than to shower and sleep. The water was ICE cold. It took 3 visits downstairs (no phone) and a good 90 minutes before the water was tepid enough for me to shower without risking frost bite.
There was noise and music outside from night one. I initially assumed that it came from the bar connected to the rear part of the restaurant.
However, on my final and third night there, the noise level reached a point where I actually felt some concern. Not only was the volume indescribable, the deranged yelling went on through the early morning.It became evident that this was not coming from the bar but from someone who had "issues".
Around 2 AM,? 3 AM? 4AM? ( who knows) other people got involved and a full blown screaming argument took place.
The following morning, the owner left me with the impression that this was a neighbor and that the police had been called in the past.
Unfortunately, until Zum Echten can coordinate its plumbing with the arrival of their guests and get their neighbors under control, I cannot give a higher rating.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family