“Nice rooms, convenient to airport, good shuttle”

Business Park Hotel
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Thoiry
Reviewed November 23, 2012

I stayed here one night by myself and felt comfortable and safe there alone as a young woman. The rooms seemed very clean, spacious enough, and were tastefully decorated. There is not a restaurant onsite but two on either side of the hotel. It was the perfect place to stay before a flight.
The only slight issue was since I was flying back to the US the next day I used all my euros and they wanted 1 euro in cash for tax. They could not add this to my credit card since I prepaid and the receptionist gave me a hard time, such that another guest that was checking in next to me heard the problem and the grief she was giving me and he offered to pay the 1 euro tax for me. Otherwise the service was good.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
There are newer reviews for Business Park Hotel

Reviewed November 18, 2012

I had the opportunity to stay at this hotel for one night. For this night , it was wonderful. Rooms are quite spacious and well equipped. Since I had a kid, they had a given a room with a sofa bed in the living room which made it bigger compared to all other rooms. Breakfast was very simple and not worth when you compare to other hotels of similar standards. Overall stay was above average. Situated on the outkiskirts of the city, so not worth is you are looking at visiting the city.

Room Tip: Rooms with sofa bed are much bigger.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed November 11, 2012

I stayed at this 'hotel' for two weeks whilst on a trip working at CERN. The benefits of it are that it's cheap and there's a free shuttle-bus that takes you to CERN or the airport.

Otherwise my colleague and I were really rather disappointed.

We'd been led to believe we were staying in a two bed apartment, when actually I ended up sleeping on a sofa-bed in the sitting room. Would probably be ok for a couple of nights and if we were family but two weeks on an uncomfortable 'bed' with my boss in the next room wasn't great (and the hotel was fully booked so no opportunity to change). The hotel did helpfully put another foam mattress on top which made a difference but it still wasn't what I'd call comfortable...

Although it calls itself a hotel it's not really one, it's more of a serviced apartment: in the two weeks we stayed our room was only serviced once and we were worried about running out of toilet paper.

The breakfast is basic; the fitness centre is basic; the internet connection was so slow it is almost unusable; the TV didn't work when we plugged in an external source.

It's very easy to get to CERN but otherwise this hotel is inconvenient unless you have your own car. There's a restaurant next door that's quite good (and another in the Holiday Inn next door that looked awful) but getting to it involves walking along an unlit road without pavements whilst having aggressive French drivers flash and beep at you for being in the road. True, there are a couple of restaurants in Saint-Genis-Pouilly but that also involves walking along the busy road.

And at the weekend the shuttle service only runs if you book it a day in advance which we didn't know, so ended up walking an hour to get the tram to Geneva to avoid the extremely expensive taxis. My fault but it still chaffed.

The final whinge I have about this place is about the service. In two weeks I was unable to get hold an iron. Some of the staff were very friendly but those that weren't were very rude. Hotels normally bend over backwards to help you enjoy your stay whereas the Business Park Hotel constantly said things like 'that is forbidden' and 'no'.

We're back out here again next week and will be staying somewhere else.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Peter H
Reviewed November 11, 2012

We stayed 1 night for a CERN visit, since their hostel was full. Expected a very standard hotel; the room certainly exceeded expectations. The kitchenette is very well-equipped and clean; the room has a very spacious lounge, and the bedroom is through another door, which makes a cosy space for a decent night's sleep.

No wifi in the room (though I'm told that will change from late 2012), and not a vast amount of choice for the breakfast. But these are really minor quibbles. I would certainly not hesitate to stay again.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed October 9, 2012

Nice and convenient hotel. Located at border of France and Switzerland, provide good transport links to both the countries (if you have your own vehicle). Quite modern layout and kitchenette and kitchen utensils are added advantage. The room actually comprises of lounge and bedroom which is very convenient fora family. I can recommend this to have a halt between Switzerland and France.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 25, 2012

We stayed 1 night. We chose it for its closeness to Geneve airport, and were pleasantly surprised. it is quite new and modern, very clean and the rooms are funky. The shower was excellent and kitchenette and coffee facilities very helpfull. A very good option for a near by hotel to the airport, on the Frech side, and on a much lower budget than the airport usual hotels. :

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 18, 2012

I keep travelling to Geneva area for business and find this Aparthotel very convenient for my stay. It has a decently equipped kitchenette which helps me be independent.
The Aparthotel has spacious and comfortable rooms.
My favourites rooms are the ones facing Jura mountains...
Has ample parking space both for summer and winter time.

Positives -
- Conveniently located near Geneva
- Spacious and comfortable rooms
- Well equipped kitchenette
- Well maintained (I am using it since past 3 years)
- 24x7 Reception (not easy to get in France)
- Hospitable, flexible and friendly staff
- Away from noisy surrounding
- Equally good for long or short stays
- Options avl for Breakfast
- Close to a Pizzeria

Could have been better -
- Gets crowded in evening when tour operators arrive with bus loads of people
- Internet Speed is very slow
- Difficult to get long continuous booking due to their arrangements with these tour operators
- Sometime Weekly Room cleaning schedule is missed and despite reminders it will take place only following week.

Room Tip: Go for T2 type of Apartments.. they are much better than studios
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Vivek_Chandra
Also consider these accommodations in or near Thoiry
Ibis St Genis Pouilly Geneve
Novotel Geneve Aeroport France
Novotel Geneve Aeroport France
#2 of 9 in Ferney-Voltaire
Movenpick Hotel & Casino Geneva

Been to Business Park Hotel? Share your experiences!