“Poor location, room small, but appeared clean”

Kyriad Paris Nord Porte de Saint Ouen
Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Saint Ouen
Reviewed October 1, 2010

I was quite concerned after reading the reviews on this hotel, but it appeared clean and the towels were changed daily, the toiletries were renewed daily. The hotel was a short distance to the Metro and we had no problems getting to any of the destinations, the cost of travelling on the Metro was also quite reasonable considering it is a major City. However, after returning home I have come out in itchy spots, which started when I was in the hotel, after reading a review from another guest who also had bites, I am wondering whether the problem stems from the hotel, although the bedding and towels were very clean. I wouldn't recommend this hotel mainly because of the area, which is pretty run down and the location.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank CitySwansea
There are newer reviews for Kyriad Paris Nord Porte de Saint Ouen

Reviewed September 30, 2010

Stayed here for 3 nights from Sept 21st with my wife and two friends. Contrary to expectations from the reviews, we found that all the staff we met were helpful and courteous. The rooms were indeed small, but no smaller than those in the four hotels in central Paris in the same price range I have used for many previous business trips. The breakfast was better than any I've had in Paris before, with cereals, yogurt, fruit, croissants, scrambled eggs, bacon and french fries . We managed to time breakfasts to avoid the large coach parties which seem to use this hotel. If timing meant you had to eat with the swirling masses you probably wouldn't like it as much, despite the catering staffs' best efforts to cope. Our rooms (on the 6th floor) were clean and quiet and we all slept well. We had rooms overlooking the busy circular road but the double glazing kept the noise out so no problem there. Could see the Eiffel tower in the distance. Again contrary to expectations from a previous review, the bathrooms had soap and towels etc. We found the nearby (a level 4 minute walk) 81 bus a convenient way of getting into central Paris, though a bit slow during peak periods due to road works around the Gare St . Lazare area. One ticket (it's the same as the metro ticket) allows you to change onto other buses within 90 minutes. The metro is slightly further away, but just two minutes more. We had non smoking rooms and there was no hint that anyone had been smoking in them, so that also helped a lot.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 6, 2010

I am reading the reviews of this hotel and my experience was the total opposite. My 14 year old nephew and I stayed at the hotel and had a good experience.

Although it's not in the center city of Paris, it was still a good location with a good last minute rate and extremely conveient to the metro which is a 3-5 minute walk down the street. You can get to the center city of paris in about 15 minutes (with a transfer)

I stayed there for 3 nights for US Labor Day weekend and overall the accomodations were good. The room was a little larger than I imagined (especially the bathroom), but it is europe and Paris so that is what to be expected. I stayed on the 5th floor with no view, which was okay because I was barely in the room anyway sighseeing and shopping around Paris. The room was quiet, the beds were clean and comfortable and the neighborhood was safe. The room was big enough for 2 average sized people. The breakfast in the morning was good (American style breakfast). If you have a car, this place is best because it has a parking garage. The staff was courteous and friendly and spoke english. Whoever is the guy that is nasty, I have not encountered him on my trip.

So all in all, if you are on a slight budget and don't mind taking the metro back and forth downtown, I would definitely recommend staying at this hotel.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed August 11, 2010

Stayed at the holiday Inn Saint Ouen for 4 nights with my boyfriend last weekend. To be honest, we accidentally booked this hotel after getting the name confused with another garden court holiday inn in paris- embarrassing! So we were very apprehensive after reading the reviews of this hotel on trip advisor. The location is not the best as it is a bit out of the way from central Paris. However, it is only a 5-10 minute walk to the metro, which takes you right to the centre in approx 25 mins. The hotel itself was fine it you are using it just as a base as we were. It was clean, and the rooms were small but i think this is fairly typical of most hotels in Paris. Air conditioning was very noisy. The staff werent that friendly, but they seemed polite enough, we didnt really find this an issue. It was very close to the flea market which turned out to be an interesting visit. The area surrounding the hotel was built up and not very nice tho- we wouldnt stay here again. Perhaps if you are here for business in Saint ouen or are particuarly interested in the flea-market it would be an ok stay if using the metro and the gritty area doesn't phase you!

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank handm3
Reviewed August 10, 2010

Paris was my last stop after a 2 week tour through Europe where I stayed at a variety of hotels. Before arriving in Paris, my tour guide reminded the group that the French can come across rude at times so I was very prepared for this. Through my 2 night stay in Paris I did not come across one rude French person at all- They were quite friendly much to my surprise.. Until I spoke to the man on the front desk at the Holiday Inn (St Ouen) where I was staying!! He wasn't the 'French rude' that I had been prepared for but in fact just a really bitter, nasty and sarcastic person who spoke to me in such a manner that I almost burst into tears at the front desk. This completely ruined what was a satisfactory experience at the Holiday Inn St Ouen and has tainted my wonderful Paris experience. The following day I put in a complaint about the man to his manager and she told me that there had actually been numerous complaints about him in the past. After reading other recent comments on trip advisor, it seems many of us have had a similar experience but nothing seems to have been done to rectify the situation.

• Stayed: July 2010
1  Thank happytraveller227
Reviewed August 9, 2010

We were here on our Trafalgar Tour and we will never stay here again, on tour or on our own. Hot and small. AC didn't work. No space for tour buses to load or unload so we had to carry our items a block to where the buses could park. Room was so small only one suitcase could be opened at a time. I don't mind there wasn't a view, but the window opened so little that we couldn't get a breeze. Next time we're in Paris and want to be uncomfortable, it will be in the middle of town and not some distant place that is not even on those tourist maps.

• Stayed: July 2010
1  Thank cruisenut2001
Reviewed August 8, 2010

The service was rubbish, the staff was miserable and there was no toiletry in the bathrooms. The staff wernt helpfull for tourist information at all and the Hotel taxi service was a ripp off. Rooms were too small, u could hardly put ur luggage there, the T.V was blury and there was only 'ONE' chanel that was in english and it was a news chanel.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
Ibis Budget Paris Nord 18eme
#1,487 of 1,804 in Paris
Batignolles-Monceau
Timhotel Paris XVII Bd Berthier

Been to Kyriad Paris Nord Porte de Saint Ouen? Share your experiences!