“value for money”
Review of Pavillon Italie

Pavillon Italie
Ranked #5 of 5 Hotels in Kremlin Bicetre
Reviewed July 9, 2012

average place , u got what u paid for
stuff r friendly though , the hotel is barely 2 stars
quite far distance from the subway , almost 15 mins walking

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Baher W

Reviewed July 8, 2012

This hotel is right over the beltway from Paris in Kremlin Bicetre. My kids call the area "sketch". I stayed here as the group leader for a tour of teenagers so I did not choose the hotel. It is about a 3/4 mile walk to the metro past a park that seems less secure at night. If I were not with a large group of people I would not feel safe in the area at night.

The hotel has lost its Holiday Inn Express flag and I can see why. The rooms need a major overhaul. Our room had very dirty grout in the bathroom -- it might have been mold. One of the rooms of the other travelers had clear water damage in the ceiling. The beds are hard and lumpy. We had no shower curtain in our tub, making it very hard to keep water in the tub when showering (but the shower handle was designed for a standing shower, not a bath with a shower rinse). Our suitcases were clearly moved when we were out of the room. We made sure we had our valuables with us given the prior reviews. The wifi does not work and the hotel computer for guests could not get an internet connection either.

Breakfast is OK -- croissants, cereal, yogurt, cheese, meat, coffee, hot chocolate, tea.

The worst event was when our group returned late (about 2am) from seeing the Eiffel Tower at midnight. A group of teenage girls appeared to be going into or out of one of the rooms of our party. They claimed not to speak much English and rapidly disappeared. The man at the front desk also claimed not to understand much English and was of little help. Our tour guide, who speaks fluent French, could not get him to be of much help either. To top it off, all our room keys were not working and had to be redone to get us in to our room. Nothing appeared to be stolen from the rooms but it did not make us feel very secure.

Do not stay at this hotel if you have other options. There are a number of other hotels in the area. Until this one gets a makeover and better security I would not recommend it.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank clsmit
Reviewed May 21, 2012

Hi, My girlfriend and I are on vacation from the USA for one week and all we want is to meet french people, enjoy paris, and most importantly to experience the customer service. At first, We were very happy at the beginning to arrive at this hotel until we were disappointed with the very bad quality bed. We decided to let that slide just because we like the quiet environment. Second, we took a cab after a party in Paris and showed the address to the cab driver that was listed on Cheapoair.com(the website we reserved the hotel room through) and realized that the address is listed wrong according to the cab driver. Third, the hotel website is listed wrong on the business card we were handed out. Fourth and most importantly, the customer service is less than zero, its negative 10. The reason why we say that is because today May 21st, 2012 at 9:15pm local time, I dropped a bottle of champagne, on accident, on the floor at the bar and made a little bit of spillage. The man on duty at the time, came yelling at me and my girlfriend saying go up to the first floor, with a very brutal and loud voice. I said sorry but if you are so mean to us then I will be mean too by telling you that I pay and I am the customer so you clean it instead of yelling at us. I also told him first floor couches and bar stools are busy by other customers. He yelled again then I yelled at him back and thats when he unplugged my laptop cord from the power outlet and yelled again at me with his mouth saliva getting sprayed all over my face, telling me to go back to my room. I stayed and sat back down to relax because I am not here to go to jail but to enjoy my vacation. He also threatened me that he is going to call the police. The plice? for just one little spill of champgne? common now thats non sense and uneducated. Even if he did call the Police, the Police would have laughed at the representative and said that you have a bad customer service. So, I got online to my email to type this message and also, I wanted to include his name but he ignored me when I asked for his name. I asked his name 10 times in front of other customers but he said he is busy, so I waited. Then when he was not busy I asked him, he acted like I don't exist.

Morale: don't go to this hotel...plz plz plz

Room Tip: they don't even have any swimming pool or fitness center
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Zekeria A
Reviewed December 29, 2011

We stayed at Holiday Inn Express Porte d’Italie from the 4th December- 9th. To say that we were less than satisfied with our accommodation would be a substantial understatement, I have never been so poorly treated and violated in my entire life!! We (two women aged 21&26) had travelled to Paris to shop and see the sights and had basic expectations of the hotel. Primarily this seemed to be the case, the rooms were small but clean enough so with this we were content. However, on the 2nd day of our excursion, we returned to our room in the evening after spending the day in Notre dame. Where initially everything appeared to be fine, it was obvious the room had been cleaned yet everything appeared to be in order. Never the less this couldn’t have been further from the truth. We had both PADLOCKED our possessions in our suitcases, as on arrival we were not given the option to purchase a safety deposit box. My friend noticed her padlock had moved slightly to the other side of her suitcase and the combination of numbers she had originally left had changed!! Immediately she opened her suitcase and to our distress discovered that the envelope formerly withholding her Euros for the entire trip was empty and her IPod missing!!! Therefore I instantly went to my suitcase (which also had the padlock still intact) to evidently reveal that my money was also gone!! Hysterically and astonished we went to reception where we explained what had happened. We could not believe how unsympathetic and blasé the hotel staff were, they just muttered to each other in French and pointed us in the direction of the police station. The fact that they were so relaxed made it obvious that this was a regular occurrence. When we finally arrived at the police station we were informed to return the following day as by now it was too late for anything to be done. The following day we returned and waited four hours for an English speaking police officer who basically recorded the incident and gave us a report but said that they could not do anything about it. When we returned to the hotel we asked for the manager Mr Lambert as we had now no money for food or anything for the rest of the duration, he was also very unsympathetic and actually quite smug about the fact that the police were unable to do anything. As the conversation got more heated a Malaysian couple overheard and informed us that earlier on that morning they had their Iphone stolen out of their room, so it was obvious what was going on! Needless to say this was not the break we were hoping for, we felt so unsafe in the hotel that for the rest of our trip we slept with a chair against the door, we were never offered a free meal or anything as the hotel would not admit any responsibility although it was clearly a member of their staff and under their premises!! I would never visit or recommend this hotel, I took comfort in the “holiday Inn” name and reputation when booking, it is sure that in the future I will not be so naive. This was the worst holiday of my life and its a shame that this incident has tarnished my opinion of such a beautiful city!!

Room Tip: just go to a different hotel or keep all your money and vauable belongings on you at all times!!!!
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled with friends
4  Thank lauren b
Reviewed November 2, 2011

We stayed here as part of our Cosmos Bus Tour. This was by far the worst hotel of our trip.
Very run down and in dire need of upkeep and upgrades. One couple with our group had a room with NO sheets or bedding! Reception said they had no more linen available for them! I did feel sorry for the one reception person, who had to deal everything, Very understaffed.
Breakfast was okay. The hotel was packed and so the breakfast area had a lot of people coming through. The food and coffee were replenished very slowly. Again, understaffed and as a result there were cranky workers trying to keep up to demand.
Location wasn't bad. We had a wonderful supper at a bar/restaurant a few blocks away (can't remember the name). We were perhaps 10/15 minutes walking away from the subway which is easy to access.
Cannot recommend this hotel. Definitely not up to Holiday Inn standards.

Room Tip: can't recommend
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank lulu3
Reviewed November 1, 2011

After reading previous reviews about this hotel I had reservations (mainly because some people seem to expect 5* service for 1* prices!) However, for a BASIC hotel, although the rooms are small, the towels & sheets were clean and the facilities are adequate. We found the staff helpful and polite. Although the hotel is situated by a main thoroughfare, our room was very quiet. The continental breakfast was good & plentiful. For a choice of bars & restaurants in the area locate the vicinity of 'Porte D'Italie metro station.

Room Tip: Rooms on the far side of the thoroughfare
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank JHC50
Reviewed October 12, 2011

Paris was one of my most anticipated cities to visit, thank goodness we didnt stay in our rooms to much! this place does the "holiday inn" brand name any justice. the rooms were dirty and had a weird oder to them. my roommate and i were missing the shower curtain in our bathroom. hair trimmings from the previous guest were still visable:(....to top it all off, we didnt have a complete bed made up for one of us. we had to be moved to another room! not much better. the only positive was that, the metro station was close by. Paris was a wonderful city to visit...JUST DONT STAY HERE PLEASE

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with friends