See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed June 30, 2015

Hotel was filthy dirty with most facilities out of use. Should never have been open for business. The showers were cold and there was builder rubble/rubbish all around. We only stayed as we were tired and didn't want to keep going. There are other hotels in the area that are very good Ibis Budget for one.

Room tip: Find another hotel until this one is finished
Date of stay: June 2015
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
2  Thank Mick C
Reviewed October 16, 2014

Until I spent the next night in another Formule1, I said to myselft that never again. It was hot, filthy and full of guest barbequing outside of the window. Dirty showers and toilets. No worth it even at the low price. Staff was friendly though.

Date of stay: June 2014
1  Thank exmountainranger
Reviewed September 28, 2014

It was not easy to find because the address is a little misleading. 4 Route do Lyon is a private house. But I found it about 4 kms further out that I had thought. It is a conveneitn location, close to links to all major routes, and within a few Kms of several places to eat. Illkirch itself is one giant set of roadworks in the centre so avoid where possible. The staff at the hotel were good and spoke reasonable English which was useful. The only down-side is that the hotel is situated within a few yards if the River Ill and I was continually pestered by mosquitoes who were immune to all my repellents.

Room tip: just keep all windows continually closed and take mosquito repellent.
Date of stay: September 2014
Reviewed August 5, 2014

I booked that hotel just previous day before arriving. Why? 10 hours of driving on my way home.
It was something around Strasbourg. Best price for sure. We arrived at 2 AM. Self check in in a minute. It did not take much time to get asleep. Toilets were dirty, no toilet paper in one I picked for number two business. Funny isn't it? After you did it you discover that paper is gone. I booked for three, but towels were only two. We did not try showers. They did not look clean and fixed. I saw some toilets and shower rooms closed with information about here were out of order. After good sleeping we left that place about 12 just before check out time. Extra 2 two hours cost 2 euro.

Room tip: First floor. I had 132. It was just near the door to parking. Minimum time to get to your car.
Date of stay: July 2014
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed June 2, 2014

I know this hotel is very cheap and I do believe you get what you pay for but this place is not worth anyones hard earned money. I was checked in by a very disinterested male who didn't appear to appreciate being disturbed, I then made my way to my room. Basic is an understatement, which is fine, like i say you get what you pay for. However I do expect it to be clean, the room smelt dirty and the bed sheets certainly did not look or smell freshly laundered. I could hear every noise throughout the hotel. I had absolutley no doubt I would not get a good nights sleep in my dirty room so I walked out and checked into the Holiday Inn. I will avoid this brand in future.

Date of stay: May 2014