We - a Danish family of 4 with 2 teenage girls - have stayed at Les Jardins de la Cote d'Opale 3 times in the past 2 years. Le Touquet is a very nice town, and it is a a great starting point for visits to WW1 Memorials, we have also made 1-day trips to Paris as well as to the UK. (From nearby Calais you can easily take the ferry to Dover or the Euroshuttle to Folkestone.)
The residence is situated close to the town centre and the beach in a nice, green and quiet area with little traffic. It has a pool, heated, a garden and a tennis court, and bikes to let. We have only used the pool, which is okay for children/teenagers, but too small for grown-ups who want to swim properly.
The apartments are standard P&V apartments - we have stayed at other P&V residences. The 1-bedroom apartment (4-5 persons) in which we stayed in October was partly renovated, the bedroom (3 beds) was fine, whereas the sofabed in the livingroom was awful. The common areas outside the apartments are tired and in need of renovation.
The service, however, is extremely poor. We bought internet access for the whole family for a week, and it was completely useless. No service provided by the reception at all. We have also tried to order breakfast, but as we were 2 minutes late, they refused to take our order. We have not yet met a member of the staff who could speak more than rudimentary English, and their response to enquiries or complaints is rude in a manner we have never experienced before.
If we go back, it is because we really like the town and the area - and because the price and the overall quality of the apartments/the residence are good value for money when you come out of season.
But for now we will not be back - due to the poor service and rude manners of the staff in the reception.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Leading seaside resort on the Côte d’Opale, residence on the edge of a woodWith heated indoor pool, tennis court, playground and cycle hire. Free activities for 6-12 year-olds in April, July and August. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Priceline, getaroom.com, Travelocity, Cancelon and TripOnline SA so you can book your Pierre & Vacances Residence Les Jardins de la Cote d'Opale reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pierre And Vacances Residence Les Jardins De La Cote d`Opale
- Pierre & Vacances Residence Les Jardins De La Cote d`Opale Hotel Le Touquet