The location is great, but that is about the only really positive thing to say about the hotel. All the rest is average at best.
- Rooms are in need of some renovations
- Room is too small for four. There is hardly any room when the two children beds are deployed
- When we booked, we chose a view on the dunes... instead we had a small window giving to a bush two feet from it... so no view at all. I heard that in the meantime they put 'parking view' instead on their website, but that was too late for us.
- No airconditioning. When sleeping with the window open, we were awoken by music outside
- After closing the window because of the music, just a little later there was a fire alarm. Although this can happen anywhere, the way the staff managed the event was poor. We were outside in the cold (many just in underwear) for a long time without any information. After half an hour our family went for a walk on the beach, so I don't know how long the others remained outside. Instead they should have invited us to go to the IBIS nextdoor (same owner) to be warm.
There was also no compensation whatsoever for the lost time and lost sleep which gives the impression that staff and management don't care. Even if the compensation was minimal this would change the perception and is creating a nice experience isn't what it is all about in the hospitality business?
- In the pool you need to wear a cap. We didn't know this, so we had to buy them at the reception. They really profit from this as we had to pay way too much for the quality we received.
- This is by no means a four star hotel
- Pool is not very clean; changing facilities and showers are worn
+ There was one very friendly receptionist (for the hotel management: male, glasses, afternoon shift in the weekend of 7&8 september) (unfortunatly the other crew was unfriendly)
+ Good breakfast
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Directly connected to the thalassotherapy center, the Novotel Thalassa Le Touquet is a 3 star hotel boasting a stunning seafront setting and comfortable rooms with views of the sea or dunes. The restaurant offers both health-conscious and traditional menus for you to enjoy during your thalasso break on the beaches of Le Touquet. The centre features fitness and well-being treatments, with a heated saltwater swimming pool and sports room. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Priceline, Booking.com, Expedia, ACCOR, Travelocity, Hotwire, Cancelon, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Novotel Thalassa Le Touquet reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Novotel Thalassa Le Touquet Hotel Le Touquet
- Accor Le Touquet
- Novotel Le Touquet
- Le Touquet Novotel