“Excellent”

Cuisines: European
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed February 28, 2013

We went on a cold night in February. The whole town was quiet. The restaurant was inviting with friendly staff. Since it's also a wine shop I had them help me pick out the perfect wine for our taste and budget. Could not have been more friendly and helpful.

Reviewed December 4, 2012

Where to have our lunch was the question? Having checked out a few likely candidates in advance we settled on Les Canailles. Midweek lunch. Warm friendly welcome. Charming place. Small and full of character. Limited luncheon menu but enough for us. 2 starters, mains and desserts. Quality food, great service & reasonable prices.133 Euros. 4 of us. 2 course each and included 2 bottles of wine plus coffees. Would definately go again.

Reviewed November 11, 2012

On the site formerly occupied by Djuke's, this small and recently established (8 months) restaurant ticks all the boxes. The staff are friendly and welcoming, the food is simple, with the menu changing every day, reasonably priced and of superb quality. My pork fermier was simply superb, and when I asked the lady chef how long it had been cooking she told me 5 hours. Run by a couple on their own, they also offer a wide choice of (mainly organic, I believe) wines, which can also be bought to take away. Nothing is too much trouble for them, my portion of goose terrine was so generous I couldnt finish it, so it was whisked away and packed for me to take home. The wine list is extensive and very reasonably priced, and it is also possible to buy wine by the glass (which you get to taste beforehand, just like a bottle). Every night we were there it was fully booked, so it pays to pre-book to avoid disappointment. We'll be back on our next trip! A refreshing change and good luck to them both.

Reviewed September 23, 2012

I had the chance to eat twice in this restaurant this week end. The tenants were both amongst the nicest people I've met during my trip and I felt like eating at a friend's rather than a restaurant.

In terms of food, it's simple, yet efficient: a few dishes of the day, all with high quality ingredients. If Baptiste made his Terrine du Patron, just go for it, it's delicious.

The atmosphere was great, the wine delicious and we for sure will come back as soon as possible.

Les Canailles may not be the most famous restaurant yet, but it's truly amazing what people over there did in 6 months since their opening. There's no doubt it will be the place to go in Le Touquet in a few years, so you might want to try it now before everyone else ;)

1  Thank Daleadae
Reviewed September 3, 2012 via mobile

This place is amazing! The service is friendly and welcoming. Then there is the food! Fresh and tasty and great quality. I never realised something as simple as tomatoes could taste so good. The gentleman and his fiancée are a great team. We mentioned we got married 2 days before eating here and they treated us to a glass of Champagne, which was very kind. Then the price, we left a big tip as in our option this place is underpriced! Expect to pay at least 3 times this much in England! And if you want a equivalent quality of meal expect to pay at least 5 times this!
Will definatly return and best of luck for the wedding in January.

2  Thank laurs8