“A great find”

Dining options: Dinner, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“A great find”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 6, 2012

The unassuming entrance belies the quality which awaits you inside. Fabulous food beautifully presented at very reasonable prices.We went on a midweek evening in September and the restaurant was packed with visitors and locals alike. Highly recommended.

Visited September 2012
2 Thank forgotten1

Birmingham, United Kingdom
“a wrong order & a sick dog - not the best lunchtime experience”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 5, 2012

The postives first - the food was good and the overall ambiance was welcoming and cool inside away from the heat. Good range of value for money choices and the drinks were also reasonably priced, in fact it was all shapoing up to be a good lunch-time meal until it all started to go wrong. I ordered lieu jaune (fish - pollack) for the main and after excellent starters I was given 'poulet jaune' (a Basque dish) at which I stared in suspended disbelief. had I got it wrong? Was my French that bad? A quick check in the dictionary (thank goodness the android app came in useful) revealed I was right - my partner suggested we swap (I agreed) and the maitre d' eventually acknowledged his mistake and gave a reduction & free coffees. Not the worst thing to have happened, but we paid & left. Outside my partner said she needed to get out since another couple's dog had been sick & no-one had cleaned it up - not at all pleasant.
As for a rating we gave it 3. I have to say the food was good but the other stuff has to be taken into account and whilst poor would be too harsh, I reckon more on a 2.5!

• Visited August 2012
London, Canada
“Worst steak”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 3, 2012

I visited the restaurant, after reading the excellent reviews on trip advisor, with my parents and my nine month old baby. Children obviously weren't welcome as there were no high chairs. I appreciate that many people do not wish to dine with children but seeing as Le Touquet is a seaside holiday destination and we booked a table for 7 o'clock, we assumed the restaurant would be accommodating. The restaurant was completely empty when we arrived but nonetheless we were seated at a table right in the corner under the serving hatch. Our starters were fine. The fillet steak however, as well as not being cooked to order, was more than half fat. When the owner came over and asked if the steak was ok I showed him that I had left over half of the steak as it was just pure fat. He agreed and actually went and was telling someone about it. I was not offered another one, although by that time I had been put off. When the bill came we had been charged full price for a meal that had been in edible. Very poor show for a restaurant deemed to offer fine dining. I expect they don't think it matters as people are just passing through on holiday. The baby, by the way, was good as gold!

• Visited July 2012
1 Thank Gisele C
Winchester
“Superb Food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 22, 2012

My wife and I visisted this resturant in May. We had been to Le Touquet several times and had our favourites when we came to eat. However, we walked past Le 91 and felt we had to try the food. Well it was fantastic. As others have said, you dont have to spend a fortune, the 24€ menu is good, and its not pretentious with a tiny proportions. 1st night was so good, we had to return a second time to choose something else. I can also recommend the Pinot Noir.

It will help as well if you try and speak a few phrases of French. They dont speak fluent english but they appreciate the effort and it makes a difference on service I think.

• Visited May 2012
“Brilliant”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 10, 2012 via mobile

Great food & service, the presentation was also superb. We loved our visit, one of the best meals ever....& reasonable prices.