“Housekeeping is dissapointing.”

Original Sokos Hotel Lappee
Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in Lappeenranta
“Housekeeping is dissapointing.”
Reviewed September 19, 2013

Location is great and the front desk very helpful.Stayed here for 8 nights and the linens were changed once!One day I took out the pillowcase so they can put a clean one and all I got was the I wrong side of the pillowcase!(I could have done that)Another 3 days they just replace the towels fix the bed like a kid and nothing else(dirty classes,pink soap on the sink and floors untouched!I complained to the front desk and they send complimentary drinks but the situation did not improve and did not bother complaining!

Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Markku M, Front Office Manager at Original Sokos Hotel Lappee, responded to this review, October 27, 2013
Dear Pipitsa T.,

I am very sorry about what you have been through at my hotel. This is not the way our service should be. Please send me you contact information and I will recearch this case more closely. My email: katja.pellinen@sok.fi

Best regards
Katja, hotel manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
Manchester
Reviewed September 16, 2013

Stayed for a week during a business trip to Lappeenranta.
The hotel is very warm and welcoming and the front desk were always happy to help. The room was a decent size and had a fab designer bathroom. Very comfy bed and a weeks worth of great sleeps. Breakfast was plentiful with a wide range of food available. The bar and restaurant were again warm and welcoming. This hotel is ideally situated in Lappeenranta and is easy to get to from the main road into the town. Parking is free however the car park is somewhat tight to navigate.

This hotel is an ideal place to stay for visitors to Lappeenranta.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank BarryMip
Dear BarryMip,

thank you very much for your feed back - we are very happy when we succeed to serve our customers well.

Welcome again!

best regards
Helsinki, Finland
Reviewed August 15, 2013

Clean hotel in city center, basic Sokos.
Rooms whit shower, tv, mini-bar and air-conditioning.
Buffet breakfast, free private parking. Hotel located in the city center.
All within walking distance: the harbor, Fort, Market Square, and bars.
You can rent a bicycle free of charge.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Helsinki, Finland
Reviewed July 22, 2013

Not impressed by this hotel, which has seen its better days. When we returned back late after dinner and drinks, we noticed that there was only one pillow and one towel. After having received the missing ones, we noticed that the (one..) small blanket was only intended for one person - we didn't however have the energy to call the reception again. Clearly they had given us a single room... Everytime someone walked in the corridor, there were clear noice.
The breakfast room was so full that the only remaining places were filled with dirty plates which had to be moved around. Breakfast itself was quite ok.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Fin2world,

I am sorry things went not well during your visit. You are right - you probably did get a single room instead og a double. I am sorry and I will remain my staff to be more careful with this issue in the future.

When the hotel is fully booked the breakfast room might be that too during the last breakfast hour. Sorry for that service was not best possible during your stay! We promise to try better!

Best regards
Helsinki
Reviewed July 21, 2013

We stayed 2 night here. The hotel is situated near centre of Lappeenranta and walking distance from the lake. The hotel is clean, a typical "Sokos-hotel" (I have visited several Sokos-hotels in Finland).
The service was friendly and helpful, breakfast is good.
The building is ugly from the outside but rooms were cosy.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Dear bluecatHelsinki,

thank you for your feedback - you right: Lappee is an Original Sokos Hotel :)

We are hopeful that something big happens to our building and how it looks from outside in the next few years (since the big project next door is going to reach us too).
Sorry that at the moment our hotel from outside really is not so charming...

Anyway, welcome again!
Finland
Reviewed February 13, 2013

I had a visit in Sokos hotel Lappee few years ago. I wasn’t very impressed then. And I thought then, that I wouldn’t go there anymore. After my last visit the have made some repairs to hotels rooms. And I got a very good room rate via Sokos Hotel internet site. Those were reasons I decided to try this hotel again.

I had one night accommodation there on January 2013 (standard single room with queen size bed). Room decoration seemed to be ok and toilet/bathroom had also had a face lift. There were flat tv, mini bar, air condition in the room and everything seemed to be ok at first sight. But unfortunately that was not the whole truth.

When I came to the hotel I was quite busy and I had to go immediately to the city. So I didn’t have time to check my hotel room well. When I came back to the hotel it was late in the evening. When I was sitting beside the working desk and had a small evening snack I noticed, that the cleaning of the room had not been the best one. There were quite many pieces of hair (not mine) at the working desk. I went to the reception and they let me change my room to another. It was a little bit cleaner but not very much. There were few stains on the desk and on the floor. And if you took a closer look to the bathroom, you noticed it very well, that they had made cleaning only to the most important things. F.ex. tiles were quite dirty.

The personnel at reception and breakfast buffet were very friendly and service oriented. But the breakfast buffet was not very tasty. Warm dishes were actually quite cold. Not any local food available.

Room rate was very good, but my second visit in Sokos Hotel Lappee was not better than the first one.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Kuopio
Reviewed January 23, 2013

Hotel is located in the hearth of the city - just a few minutes walk to everywhere. Marvellous breakfast in restaurant Casanova. Lots of Russian tourists as all over in Lappeenranta. Hotel has rooms in two upper floors. Sauna and pool in the bottom floor. Parking in two lowest floors. Customer service in the front desk was nice when checkig in and just superb when we left away.

Room Tip: Standard dbl is big enough for 2 adults and one kid. Ask windows to outside,