Overall, it turned out OK. But, some SERIOUS issues abound.
First, there are two Gronningen streets in the Kolding area and if they just used the other street, you would find it. Instead, drove an additional 45 minutes due to bad information. We weren't the first to have this problem.
2nd, It is NOT a hotel! It is a MOTEL. Drive right up to your room!
Each room has a lovely balcony...overlooking the parking lot! It's more of a sidewalk with a door to the motel room.
3. Freakin' HOT! Yes, it is an unusual Danish summer this year, but seriously, have a fan available! it was scorching hot and the mosquitoes were coming in through the open window.
After all said and done, we found it OK for one night.
Plus...there is a FANTASTIC playground for kids behind the hotel.
Breakfast was ok.
bathrooms clean enough.
4. We had to change from the first room, since it stank like mold.
The management of this hotel will give you the 'Typical Danish Answer'...you're the first to ever complain. Danes...mediocrity at best!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel Kolding City is situated next to a charming green park area and within walking distance to the city centre. Free parking and easy access to the highway. Enjoy our spacious and comfortable rooms. We do our best to make our guests feel at home. Our guests will find themselves close to great shopping possibilities and cozy restaurants. The area around the Hotel Kolding City in Kolding has a lot to offer. Such as Koldinghus Royal Castle, Museum of Trapholt (Modern Art), and only half an hour drive away, hotel guests can experience the famous amusement park of Legoland ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotwire and Cancelon so you can book your Hotel Kolding City reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.