“A very good place to stay” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Glostrup Park Hotel

Glostrup Park Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Glostrup
ely cambs
“A very good place to stay”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 25, 2012

We stayed at the Glostrup on our way home from Finland.After a long exhausting journey and a mistake by me with the booking our welcome could not have been nicer.The hotel is so nice, big rooms ,comfortable beds and such a friendly helpful staff.They found us a table in the restaurant despite being full and then the eating experience was amazing.If we visit Denmark again we will be back.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
  • Polish first
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 17, 2012

We spent 5 days at this hotel last week and had a good enough time. Copenhagen is lovely and we spent most of our time exploring and so wasn't in the hotel too much.

The hotel itself was okay and close enough to the CPH town centre. Less than 10 minutes walk to the Glostrup metro and then another 10 or so minutes on the B train (even shorter if you caught the Bx train). It was a bargain short trip so this worked well for us. The breakfasts were good and the restaurant staff were always nice and helpful. The rooms were clean enough although the sheets were probably only changed once in the 5 nights we were there (I though so anyway)! We were always provided with several clean towels.
We stayed in a 'family room' which is essentially a standard room with the sofa bed laid out. The sofa bed has done my back in big time. I don't know if I've ever slept on anything more uncomfortable.
Overall it suited our purpose for a cheap getaway and I'm happy to recommend it. I did not visit the wellness centre although hubby said it was good and neither did I eat dinner there as the menu choices were quite limited (especially for the kids) on the night we planned to visit so I can't comment on those.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Ashford, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 26, 2012

I'll start with some of the negative points:
- no A/C in 30+ degrees C meant I had no option to leave my window open and road noise was quite bad.
- room overlooked the very busy main road that only calmed down between 2am and 6am.
- found a few curly hairs in the bathroom sink and decided it was best not to look too much more around the room in general. Aside from the the room was reasonably clean.
- staff were helpful but hard to find. There was normally one person on reception but no-one ever came to help serve those waiting... most people gave up waiting.
- Lighting in the room wasn't very good. 100w bulbs meant they were helping to heat up a hot room when left on for any period of time.

Good points:
- the staff were friendly and helpful, although sometimes hard to find, as I said.
- the bed was pretty comfortable.
- for me the location was great as it was close to a client and not too far away from the city centre (needed 5-10 minutes in a taxi but that's okay in my book.)

I think a lot of my gripes are related to the room being too hot. A fan in the room would have been a welcome addition - none offered though. The room I had overlooking the road left me with plenty of noise through the night which disturbed my sleep a fair amount.

While this isn't a really bad hotel, it's borderline average, which to a degree is reflected in the price. If you were staying here in a standard room, as I did, then get one overlooking the park, otherwise upgrade. The only trouble with upgrading is that it takes you into the price range of better hotels. I'd only stay here again if someone else was booking it.

Room Tip: Request a room away from the main road, especially if it's a basic or standard room. Overlookin...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 9, 2012

stayed in this hotel 2 nights in june 2010. hotel is in a nice neigborhood but very far from copenhagen center. long walk to train station.
rooms spacious and comfortabel. good restaurant. breakfast was so so. staff wanted us to sit in a specific area and were rather telling than asking.
when we checked out the receptionist made a mistake. she charged us the whole room price instead of just the surcharge for the upgrade. she couldn't turn back the process, so had first to debit than credit the amount to ny creditcard. only when i received my credit card statement i found out that this cost me the conversion charge from DKK to €uro.
nevertheless i would certainly recommend this hotel

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Hebbes
nürnberg
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 16, 2012

We are there for three nights and it's really a nice hotel with good breakfast. Rooms are not so bad!!!we are satisfied with the price and with the staff.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Rome, Italy
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 14, 2012

Being the only game in town lets them get away with offering an inferior product. Narrow single beds, except in higher-price "business" rooms which all face the main road and get substantial street noise. The heating system is noisier than in should be and cannot be shut off, and the walls are thin enough to make your neighbor's TV a problem. The staffing is kept at a bare utilitarian minimum (e.g. nobody to help you get your bags up the obligatory flight of stairs). Decent shower but at these prices and this setting one might expect a tub as well; the soaps smell cheap. The breakfast spread was mediocre and low variety. I'd guess the restaurant is under different management in the evening - excellent food, on one evening even memorable, and with unexceptionable service.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles

Travelers are raving about these Glostrup hotels

Helsinki, Finland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 12, 2012

I'll start by saying that the hotel is ranked 4-stars, but any way I look at it, the place has the "feel" of a solid 3-star hotel. Which actually plays to its benefit, something I'll elaborate a bit further down.

Park Hotel is located a bit off from Copenhagen center. I chose the place primarily because of the great rate I found, but also because I knew it was nonetheless easy to get downtown when needed. Nearest train station (Glostrup St.) is 1.1km (.7 miles) brisk walk, takes less than 10 minutes. Train takes about 15 minutes downtown so for sightseeing the best way is to take the train downtown in the morning, see everything you came to see and ride back in the evening. No point in going back and forth, and this is essentially what we did each day we were there.

Checking in (and out) of the hotel was a breeze, took me 5 minutes total either way. No lines to the counter. Service was helpful and I didn't have to pull out my credit card or passport for anything.

The hotel itself has nice, business-like rooms. I believe I was in the new section, my room was on 2nd floor facing the park. As with most European hotels, the two beds were very narrow, each about 80cm (2ft 7inches) wide. The room we stayed in had a 32" LCD TV, a mini-bar/fridge which we used to store our own snacks, a sofa bed and then the usual stuff like hairdryer and ironing equipment.

Now, if you compare your idea of a 4-star hotel, you usually expect a lot of service personnel to hover around and additional fees on anything, from Wireless to gym to breakfast and parking. This is where the hotel has that sweet spot common to hotels just below 4-stars: you get the nice rooms but the other stuff is either free or obtainable with very little extra cost.

As far as I could tell, the only thing you would need to pay for was if you wanted to park indoors or if you order from room service (you pay the price for food and 65DKK as room service fee).

(Free) breakfast was pretty good; eggs, bacon, breads, cheeses, yogurts, pastries and lots of other things. Very varied and tasted good, but also exactly the same each morning. So if you stay for a week, you might get a bit bored. On busy mornings the tables were packed, peak time for breakfast was 8:30-9:30. At 7 am not so much traffic.

Unfortunately I was a bit sick during my stay so I didn't have the chance to try out the gym or sauna, but from what I saw the gym had a lot of machines which looked fairly new.

Finally I'd like to say the area was nice. Mostly small houses around the hotel, and then the area turns a bit more industrial if you walk east towards Brondbyoster.

There's a park with a duck pond just next to the hotel, a mall near the train station and lots of places to get take-away, mainly Turkish kebab/pizza places. One thing I noticed was a lot of graffiti near the train stations and along the tracks, but to me Glostrup didn't feel like a ghetto despite of this.

Room Tip: I guess the newer rooms are better. I chose the cheapest room rate and was accommodated in the newer...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Glostrup
Absalon Hotel
Copenhagen Admiral Hotel
Copenhagen Admiral Hotel
#22 of 114 in Copenhagen
4.0 of 5 bubbles 3,698 reviews

Been to Glostrup Park Hotel? Share your experiences!