“Avarage Place”

Ranked #11 of 12 Hotels in Diegem
Thessaloniki, Greece
“Avarage Place”
Reviewed April 20, 2014

I would only recommend this hotel for someone on transit at brussels airport or staying for one night or two . The hotel is located close to the airport with other hotels close by , but besides that its like you are in the middle of nowhere . Findng the hotel also could be difficult from the centre . The buses that are available are not the ones covered by Brussels card . The breakfast served at the hotel is not really that good , nothing special. The rooms are ok ,but still nothing special . The staff is not very welcoming except for this guy on the reception who is always open to conversation and has a smile on his face . I recommend that you go over the direction to the hotel before you leave , and you would rather use the train to get there .

• Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
crmthon, Front Office Manager at Thon Hotel Brussels Airport, responded to this review, November 18, 2014
Dear Nathanone1,

Thank you kindly for sharing your experience about Thon Hotel Brussels Airport.

Indeed, we have an excellent connection with our free shuttle bus from and to the airport.
We're a bit situated outside the center of Brussels but do have a perfect connection by bus and train to the city centre. You'll find the nearest bus stop already at about 2 minutes walking distance from the hotel.

I'm glad you liked the simplicity of our comfortable bed rooms and the welcoming & smiling receptionist.

I hope we can welcome you again soon!

Eline Egter van Wissekerke

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
  • Indonesian first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Ternat, Belgium
Reviewed March 5, 2014

When I first booked this hotel and I saw the reviews I thought it was going to be terrible but I was pleasantly suprised. It's true that the rooms are not very big and there is not alot to do in the hotel and Rudy don't have any roomservice and you have to pay for parking. But all of that is clearly mentioned on their website.
They are very friendly and they do alot for their guests. So if you are looking for a lot of luxury than you better pay more and stay in a 4 star hotel. But if you are satisfied with the basics than this is the place to be! It is the best 3star hotel I have ever been to!

• Stayed February 2014
1 Thank Lydiacl
crmthon, Front Office Manager at Thon Hotel Brussels Airport, responded to this review, March 7, 2014
Dear Lydiacl,

Thank you for your review of the Thon Hotel Brussels Airport and I am delighted that you had an enjoyable stay with us and found that the staff to be very attentive.

I do hope you will consider staying with us when you next visit Brussels and please do not hesitate to contact us if we can be of assistance at any time.

Warm regards,
Prague, Czech Republic
Reviewed February 12, 2014

If I ever wanted to explain what minimalistic means, this hotel would serve as an example. Nothing fancy. You have a bed, a TV, a chair. Plus a bathroom. That's it. You somehow get the feeling this all has been engineered to the last detail to meet certain standards, but that's it.
Tried a sandwich at the bar, had a few drinks. Again, nothing fancy. The sandwich was a sandwich, a drink was a drink, the bartender was at least a human being (he smiled).
Quite an experience.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Dear Netbakter,

Thanks a lot for posting your review on TripAdvisor.

I hope you enjoyed the simplicity and the comfort of our facilities in Thon Hotel Brussels Airport.

How nice that you appreciated our smiling bartender.

We do hope you will visit us again when you find your self in Brussels and please do not hesitate to contact us at any time if we can be of assistance.

With warm regards,
Manchester UK
Reviewed February 10, 2014

After a two week business stay at the Thon Airport Hotel, (pronounced Ton) hotel in Diegem near Brussels, I feel glad to be home.
It’s not a bad hotel but on the other hand it’s not a home from home. Things like the restaurant being closed Friday, Saturday and Sunday don’t help when you stay any length of time. The hotel is situated in a ‘Hotel complex’ along with the likes of Holliday Inn, Ibis and other lesser known chains on the edge of the industrial area of Evere. You are cut off from eating places there, non exist without a taxi ride or the bus service. There is a train station about half a mile away which will Wisk you into Brussels in a short time but that don’t help when you’re tired and hungry. Bar snacks are available for between 9 and 15 Euro’s and when it is open, meals in the hotel cost from 19 to 23 Euros and not that good.
As others have mentioned, the breakfast available is ok but pricey at 20 Euros per day.
Internet is available – the first hour of use during your stay is free, but is charged a quite a high rate thereafter, unlimited use is 50 Euros. If you stay a night, one hours is ok but if you are staying longer it’s hand in pocket time whatever the time you spend there.
Rooms are fair but a bit jaded and probably could be better for the price you pay. There is a gimmick where if you choose not to have your room serviced one day, you will receive a 5 Euros voucher which can be redeemed in the bar or restaurant and over a two week period these can mount up.
The staff are friendly and helpful and I cannot fault them.
Parking is described as secure, but this only means there are barriers at the entrance to an otherwise open car park so don’t leave valuable in your car and at 15 Euros a night, just a bit OTT.
Stayed in better stayed in worse. The Thon is ok, pricey for what you get, but it holds a good convenient, position for the business area of Evere.
Improve the eating and drop the internet costs, give the rooms a lick of paint and a modern look and the Thon would be a much better place.

Room Tip: Back or front, all quiet even the passing planes don't disturb.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
crmthon, Front Office Manager at Thon Hotel Brussels Airport, responded to this review, September 20, 2014
Dear Csit22,

Thank you for sharing your experience with others during your recent stay in Thon Hotel Brussels Airport.
Our restaurant is open during weekdays. I hope you received recommendations by the reception of nearby restaurants in the centre of the village Diegem. If you do not feel like walking, food can be delivered to your room by an external company.

The train to Brussels is only at a small ten minutes walk from the hotel situated.

When having booked on our own website or by phone or email, you can benefit from FREE internet during your stay.

I'm glad you enjoyed our buffet breakfast at € 14,00 and the € 5 vouchers you can redeem in our restaurant.
Thank you for liking our helpful and friendly staff. They do their outmost best to make you feel welcome and appreciated.

Hope to see you again during your next trip abroad.

With kind regards,
Brasov, Romania
Reviewed January 27, 2014

Small Rooms, cheap looking, basic and quite cold.......probably standard for a hotel nearby airport and for one night stand... The receptionist quite impolite (maybe because I was est -european, speaks a poor English language and is completely unable to make clear his requests.
Remote control of Tv not working......I ask at reception for a new battery , they gave me a remote from an empty room (funny for me). Because I must check in in airport early in the morning the person from reception propose to me to gave a sandwich to replace breakfast......but at 5 AM nothing. Don't know and didn't ask the reason but they shouldn't promise if they are not sure about what they say. Wi-Fi internet free for 2 hours but they block an amount directly from visa card for 3 weeks...to be sure that you are not use without pay.
Taxi was there at promised hour. After 1 meter there were 7 eur to pay. 23 eur through Airport entrance. I am not that fancy person but I must say that they offer little for what they charge.
There are so many hotels in this area.... just choose another one! Ibis was better for me 2 years earlier

Room Tip: Ask for another hotel. Or if you cannot change.....ask a room far away from elevator
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Dear Adrian P,

Thanks a lot for your opinion on the website of Trip Advisor.

I'm sorry that we could not meet your expectations. Our rooms are indeed not large but comfortable and cozy. I do hope you had a good night sleep!

Due to sickness my colleage from an other department was kind enough to help out at the reception. I'm sorry if she could not help you like a receptionist does. Unfortunately she speaks a bit of English.

Breakfast buffet starts during the week at 06:30 and in weekends at 07:30 hours. For an early flight you have the oppertunity to order early breakfast already at 05:00 AM. The early breakfast also takes place in the restaurant. I'm sorry if this was not clear.

Wi-FI is free for 1 hour except if you book directly on our own website or by email or phone. Then you'll receive during your entire stay free WI-FI.

An amount is automatically blocked on your card depending what is already on your bill which of course will be unblocked upon payment by card.

I hope you've noticed the schedule for our free shuttle bus in the hotel and on all websites.

Hope we can welcome you again during your next visit!

Eline Egter van Wissekerke

Travelers are raving about these Diegem hotels

Henley-on-Thames, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 19, 2014

Staff helpful and efficient.
Price - pretty competitive.
Breakfast - not bad at all. Fresh and a decent choice.
Bar - limited choice of beer (disappointing in Belgium!!)

I wasn't aware of the shuttle bus from the airport - which would have saved a cab fare.

Major gripe - the bed consisted of two small mattresses pushed together to make a double. The mattresses were both concave - as a result I ended up rolling into the middle of the two - which was pretty uncomfortable. To compound my insomnia, the pipes started clattering at about 5 a.m.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
crmthon, Front Office Manager at Thon Hotel Brussels Airport, responded to this review, March 17, 2014
Dear Bobd606,

Thanks a lot for having taken the time to write your review on the website of Trip Advisor.

I'm pleased to read that you appreciated our helpful and efficient staff and liked the buffet breakfast with the fresh offered products.
In our bar 'Portofino' you can choose from 2 delicious Belgian beers from the draft. In bottle we sell several kind of Belgian beers.

Free shuttle service is offered every morning and evening on fix hours.

I'm sorry that the noise woke you up. Our keeper is aware of the situation and is looking for a solution.
Please request for your next reservation a double bed.

I hope we can welcome you back when you're planning your next visit to Belgium.

With kind regards,
Boise, Idaho
Reviewed January 16, 2014

Our return flight home was cancelled so chose a hotel close to the airport with shuttle service. This was the only worthwhile perk of the hotel along with a continental breakfast. The restaurant was closed for lunch & dinner service so walked to the nearby Holiday Inn for an overpriced meal. The room was clean but very small, I think the twin bed was 3 feet across and perhaps 5'5" long. The lights on my side of the room were out of order. Hall and room noise could easily be heard. This was the most expensive room of the trip and the least enjoyable.

Room Tip: I needed to research the area around the airport, I think there was a better quality and value hotel...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
Dear,

How inconvenient that your return flight home was cancelled. Hope you arrived safely at home with only a day delay?

I hope you enjoyed our buffet breakfast, the free shuttle service and our cozy but comfortable rooms. Thank you for appreciating the cleanliness of our room.

Food can be ordered in (from an external company) and comes with a delivery service to your room.

I'm sorry that on one side of the room the light wasn't working and that other guests were not silent in the corridor. I do hope this did not have effect on your night sleep.

Wishing you a lovely afternoon and hope we can welcome you back during your next stop over/visit!