Thon Hotel Brussels Airport
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Pool
  • Pool
View Hotel
All reviewsfree shutlestayed for one nightquiet areasmall fridgebed was comfortablepark your caran overnight stayshort staydryer
FilterAll languages
Reviewed January 16, 2014

Our return flight home was cancelled so chose a hotel close to the airport with shuttle service. This was the only worthwhile perk of the hotel along with a continental breakfast. The restaurant was closed for lunch & dinner service so walked to the nearby Holiday Inn for an overpriced meal. The room was clean but very small, I think the twin bed was 3 feet across and perhaps 5'5" long. The lights on my side of the room were out of order. Hall and room noise could easily be heard. This was the most expensive room of the trip and the least enjoyable.

Room Tip: I needed to research the area around the airport, I think there was a better quality and value hotel in the vicinity.
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends
crmthon, Front Office Manager at Thon Hotel Brussels Airport, responded to this reviewResponded March 17, 2014

Dear,

How inconvenient that your return flight home was cancelled. Hope you arrived safely at home with only a day delay?

I hope you enjoyed our buffet breakfast, the free shuttle service and our cozy but comfortable rooms. Thank you for appreciating the cleanliness of our room.

Food can be ordered in (from an external company) and comes with a delivery service to your room.

I'm sorry that on one side of the room the light wasn't working and that other guests were not silent in the corridor. I do hope this did not have effect on your night sleep.

Wishing you a lovely afternoon and hope we can welcome you back during your next stop over/visit!

With best regards,

Reviewed January 12, 2014

Located close Brussels Airport and with a large car-park the Thon Hotel seems like an ideal place to stay - I did for five nights - but once the booking was secured this image began to evaporate very quickly. First the car-park, large and virtually empty costs €15 per night! I was already paying a significant cost for staying but parking in an empty parking lot!!! So for five nights my car was located away from the hotel on a local insecure and poorly lit street. Secondly, the rooms were clean and tidy, but attention to detail was lacking. Kettle & drinks sackets were inconveniently placed on on a lower shelf where the kettle could not be plugged in and over the period was allowed to run out of some drinks. But the worst was the fact that the week I stayed the bar & restaurant were shut, meaning I had to go to another hotel for four nights to eat. If you wanted to 'save the environment' and not have your room 'serviced' you got a €5 voucher but couldn't spend it as... wait for it... the bar and restaurant were shut! Besides, rather than just save on laundry - which is what this scheme normally means - i.e. you keep the same towels for the week - in this case, my bins didn't get emptied and my drinks did not get refilled. This is more a scheme for saving money than the environment and is really not good enough!

I may not have wanted the Ritz, but I do expect the basics for this price. Overall the bed was comfy, the room OK and the breakfast was good but this experience was seriously tarnished by the other matters. However, the receptionist Luc was a delight and a credit to the company. All things considered I can not recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: A room in another hotel would be better!
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank revcole7
crmthon, Front Office Manager at Thon Hotel Brussels Airport, responded to this reviewResponded October 30, 2015

Dear Guest,

Reviewed December 2, 2013

This hotel offers average accommodation in average quality, average service, average cleaning, average breakfast and an average bed.
Here you can sleep and eat, if you don't expect anything extraordinary.
There are free shuttle to the airport 5 minutes away.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
crmthon, Front Office Manager at Thon Hotel Brussels Airport, responded to this reviewResponded March 4, 2014

Dear Claus 007,

Thank you for posting a comment on the Tripadvisor's website.

I hope you had the time to experience a delicious meal in our restaurant 'Le Bistro' and enjoyed the facilities in the comfortable and cozy Thon Brussels Airport Hotel.

Our free transport to and from the airport is offered frequently every morning and evening.

Situated in the heart of Brussels you can enjoy an even more relaxing stay in one of our luxury 4 and 5 star properties.

I'm looking forward to seeing you back in one of our properties.

With best regards,

Reviewed October 25, 2013

The final leg of our Belgian tour took us to Brussels for an overnighter before our flight home; hotel is in a good location with regards to the airport. Check in was simple and efficient, our room was on the 1st floor. Room was bright but a little on the small side, however this is usually the case with an airport hotel. Bathroom was nice and clean with all the amenities you would expect. We travelled into Brussels in the afternoon, it is a fair distance from the city centre but with the sat-nav it was easy enough. Restaurant was ok if a little over-priced for the product. Restaurant area was clean and tidy as well as the bar area. The next morning, checking out was simple but one thing I must comment on is the parking issue, charging guests for on-site parking is frankly wrong and the 15 euros we were charged quite ridiculous for a hotel, I have no issue with paying a couple of euros for parking but 15 euros, come on. I accept that there are some work places nearby and that they have maybe had others parking there illegally but then the issue should be taken with them and not the customer. All things considered it was a nice place to stay for the night but the parking issue is a real turn off.

Room Tip: Beware of the parking charges.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Donser83,

Thank you for taking the time to post feedback on your recent experience with us.

I'm content to learn that your check in and check out was efficient and that you appreciated the cleanliness and the amenities in our bed rooms, bar and restaurant.

Parking charges are quite common in Airport hotels, however please be informed that we do offer a special holiday package with 2 weeks of free parking.

I do hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to Thon Hotel Brussels Airport at some point in the near future.

With kind regards,

Reviewed October 16, 2013

After seeing so many not so good reviews I really didn't expect too much but was happy with my stay here.
The room was a bit outdated but it was very clean.
Great value for money.
Breakfast was good, lots to choose from.
Staff were so helpful and very nice - except for 1 lady :-(, thankfully she was on reception only once.
Hotel is 5 min walk from train station.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Olivia402
crmthon, Front Office Manager at Thon Hotel Brussels Airport, responded to this reviewResponded February 4, 2014

Dear Olivia,

Thank you very much for your feed back on your recent stay in October.

I'm pleased that you gave Thon Hotel Brussels Airport a chance and were very happy with your stay!
Thanks for your comments about the good breakfast, the very clean room, the helpful and very nice staff.
I'll pass your message to the management and staff.

Indeed, the train station is close from the hotel and has an excellent connecting with the city center of Brussels.

Hope you will choose us again during your next trip.

With kind regards,