“OK Business hotel”

Ranked #11 of 12 Hotels in Diegem
Oslo, Norway
“OK Business hotel”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 16, 2013

OK hotel for business/courses or shorter visits. The hotel is quite basic, but have everything you need. Clean rooms, plenty of towels, OK bed (a bit soft, but comfortable). Next to the working desk in the room are a few electrical sockets for your PC etc. Good selection of TV channels, many French and English speaking. The hotel offer FREE WIFI for guests, great. My room also offered a water-boiler and instant coffee. A quiet and well working air-condition system in my room. Rooms a bit noisy, and you hear very well other room-doors closing as well as people talking in the corridors. The hotel got a basic restaurant but the food selection is VERY sparse. I used the restaurant two days. The food was nice, but as mentioned, not many dishes to choose from. The breakfast is also served in this restaurant in the morning. The breakfast is simple but good and offers what you need with various breads and toast selections, sausages/bacon as well as scrambled eggs. Further, a good variety of hams, cheeses, croissants etc. A vending machine for drinks is located in the Lobby. Just be aware that the hotel is located in a business area and it is NO real restaurants or eating places nearby. So if you want something more than what the hotel offer, please be prepared to take a train/bus or taxi ride to i.e. Brussels city center. You could go to some other nearby towns for food, but it will likely take you longer time than simply take the train (from Diegem station) direct to Brussels main station. About 1km walk from the hotel is a good ESSO gas station that got a bit more food and drink to choose from than an "ordinary" gas station. This was my own dinner-option for one of the days I stayed...
I recommend this hotel for stays like 1-2 or maximum 3 nights.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
crmthon, Front Office Manager at Thon Hotel Brussels Airport, responded to this review, September 4, 2013
Dear Bent N,

Thanks a lot for your feed back.

Pleased to read you enjoyed the clean room, the comfy bed, the working area, the many tv channels, the free wifi, the coffee & tea facility and the air-conditioning.

Thank you for recommanding our restaurant for breakfast & dinner to our future guests.

Hope to see you again soon.

Yours truly,
Eline Egter van Wissekerke

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
  • Indonesian first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
lancashire
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 1, 2013

didn't realise when we booked this hotel separate from our flights with ryan air that the hotel was not near the city of Brussels. It was not 10 mins as we read on the reviews, it was over an hour in a taxi and cost a fortune. it was a terrible expensive mistake. the lady on reception at the hotel was really helpful, she printed off train and bus times for us to get back to the airport after our stay, lot cheaper!
the only thing about the hotel is the bar is not open at weekends, how strange! we got a small bottle of wine out of a vending machine in the reception, not what we expected.
breakfast was good, rooms clean and bed comfy.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
crmthon, Front Office Manager at Thon Hotel Brussels Airport, responded to this review, August 29, 2013
Dear MrsWicker,

Thank you for your rewarding feed back.
I'm pleased that you enjoyed the breakfast, cleanliness of the rooms, the comfy beds and the receptionist on duty.
I enjoy sharing pleasant comments like yours with the staff.

Glad that everything worked out with public transport. Hope you arrived at Charleroi Airport on time.
We are situated near the airport of /Zaventem (BRU) and a 20 minutes drive from the center of Brussels.

Hope we can welcome you back in Thon Hotel Brussels Airport in the near future.

With best regards,
belgium
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 25, 2013

Hotel a bit dated in a business district near the airport of Zaventem. The hotel offers a (paying) service to and from the airport. The room and bathroom are basic, but sufficiënt. No special facilities. We understood that there is a plan for a full refurbishment of the hotel in the near future.
In the weekends (from Friday) the restaurant and bar are apparently closed.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
crmthon, Front Office Manager at Thon Hotel Brussels Airport, responded to this review, August 28, 2013
Dear Hansvink,

Scheduled transport from and to the airport is offered free of charge.

In the lobby there is a vending machine with a wide selection of beverages.
The bath rooms, lobby, reception and restaurant have been updated.

I hope we can welcome you again soon so you can see our renewed property.

Kind regards,
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 8, 2013

Thon hotel offers small rooms with a very soft bed, I found the bathroom rather basic. However it is clean and quiet. I didn't like the lobby/bar very much, a very unpersonal atmosphere. The reception staff was very friendly, and the breakfast is more than sufficient.
Given the price (in comparison to other Brussels Airport hotels, this is a safe choice.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Dear Marscha,

Thanks for your comments about your stay in Thon Hotel Brussels Airport.

Nice that you enjoyed our buffet breakfast and appreciated the friendliness of the reception staff.

Hope to see you again soon.

Bucharest, Romania
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2013

Despite ordering a taxi the night before, it arrived 20mins late and the taxi driver told me that the hotel had only called 10mins prior to the taxi turning up. Unlike the other hotels, you have to call to request an airport transfer and then wait 10mins for the driver to arrive. Worth knowing beforehand to save wasting 30mins trying to find a way to the hotel (no taxi would take me the short distance)

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
crmthon, Front Office Manager at Thon Hotel Brussels Airport, responded to this review, August 11, 2013
Dear Sir,

Thanks for your feed back about the free transport from and to the airport.

Not like other hotels who offer only transport in the morning and evening, we are the only Airport Hotel who offers free transport Non Stop between 06:00 AM and 11:00 PM.
The only thing our guests need to do is give us a call.

Our transport is arranged via a company who arrange with their drivers the pick up. It can be that an other driver came to pick you up because the other one was in a traffic jam.
The quicker the pick up for our guests is at the aiport, the better.

Hope you will visit us again soon.

Eline Egter van Wissekerke

Travelers are raving about these Diegem hotels

Amersfoort, The Netherlands
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 30, 2013

Nothing fancy, small rooms but fine beds, good shower and quiet rooms. Trainstation to get into Brussels city Centre you'll Fins neerbuigend. Park your car and get a transit to the airport is a Pretty gooddeal.Joining rooms for families.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
crmthon, Front Office Manager at Thon Hotel Brussels Airport, responded to this review, May 4, 2013
Dear Sir,

Thank you for your feed back.

I hope you had nice holiday's!

Great that you took advantage of our promotion 'Park, Sleep & Fly' with 14 days of free parking included .
Our parking will be available again for your next trip! Hope to see you then.

Wish you an excellent weekend!

Cramlington
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 18, 2013

Firstly it took us one and a half hours from the airport to reach the hotel because all the roads leading to it were closed due to construction work. This trip should take around seven minutes! Not the fault of the hotel, but they at least could put a sign up directing you to their location. At the end in frustration I went through a private company car park and managed to find it. Check in was ok apart from a clever chappie on reception who said "you should have telephoned and I would have directed you, it's easy!" Just what you want to hear when you don't have phone number for the hotel and you've spent so long trying to find it, but never mind I thought, at least we are here!

It was around 8pm and I asked when the restaurant closed. I was told it would be around 10pm, so plenty of time I thought. There were around 30 people eating in there, so I thought it was promising. A quick beer at the bar and I asked if I could book a table for around 9pm. Without an answer both people behind the bar disappeared for 10 minutes before one returned and told us they had run out of food. Incredulously I asked him to repeat this and he apologised, but said they had no food available. I asked if they could at least make a sandwich and he said he thought so but would check. Another 10 mins and he returned saying they could give us dish of the day which was fish. No problem, we were grateful and agreed this would suffice - until two other people people were then shown into the restaurant, who clearly knew the barman, and were handed menus. Both ordered steaks and pommes frites. I swear they were looking and laughing at us and clearly made fun of us as we left our table! Oh and by the way, don't eat the bread because the server was bringing back uneaten bread from tables and tipping it back into the bread basket!

By now, at the end of my tether I finished my beer and went to my room. The sink was horrendously scratched and look so unhygienic - please don't reply by saying you are refurbishing or the like, as you are not charging different rates for poor quality rooms.

I was woken at midnight and then 1am by noisy people banging doors and talking loudly. Come check out in the morning I wasn't even asked how my stay was, but never mind I'll vote with my feet and never use a Hotel Thon again. Best avoided is my advice!

Room Tip: Go somewhere else!