“Average hotel besid the airport”

Thon Hotel Brussels Airport
Ranked #11 of 12 Hotels in Diegem
Reviewed September 22, 2012 via mobile

The hotel is beside the airport, paid 16 euro to reach the hotel by a taxi. The hotel is 10 menits walking distance to the train station which arrive every 1 hr last one depart 20:30. The hotel it self is average , the room is small, I was not satisfied with the service, example the bathroom's shower was broken, bed covers was never replaced. Breakfast was great. On total the hotel is avrage

• Stayed: August 2012
crmthon, Front Office Manager at Thon Hotel Brussels Airport, responded to this reviewResponded November 2, 2012

Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you, for having taken the time to write a review on the TripAdvisor website.

How nice to read that you think our breafkast is great!

Thon Hotel Brussels Airport offers regular free transport to and from the airport from Monday to Friday, 6 AM until 11 PM upon request.
For our guests who booked the 'Park, Sleep & Fly' package, this is also included in weekends.

To come back from Brussels by train, you can take the latest train during the week at 23:22 hours and in weekends at 22:40 hours.

If there are technical issues, they can be reported to the reception and will be fixed as soon as possible.

I'm sorry that the sheets were not replaced. I will inform our housekeeping department so they can keep a closer look that the sheets are changed often.

Hope to see you again during your next visit to Belgium.

Kind regards,

Reviewed August 31, 2012

Having booked for 9 nights, I was somewhat surprised to find out that the restaurant and bar were closed from friday evening until monday evening. The options open to me, explained by the guy on the desk, were to either use the adjacent hotel or walk for 15 minutes into Diegem to get food. To add to this, the rooms are very basic, the hotel is well out of town and does not represent value for money. If you have the time, look elsewhere - I am sure you can do far better than this place. As an aside, on arrival and despite my bill being paid in advance, the receptionist took my credit card details in case I wished to watch " the adult discovery channel" - I can't remember the last time I was that insulted. This place does not deserve business and I will never stay here again. Hope this helps

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your opinion concerning your stay in Thon Hotel Brussels Airport.
The feed back we receive is very important to us in order to improve our quality and service.

Our restaurant is open for dinner from Monday to Thursday.
Unfortunately not in weekends, but there are several alternatives.
The nearest restaurant is at 2 minutes walk. In the town of Diegem you have nice restaurants also reachable within walking distance. If you prefer to stay in the room, you can ask the receptionist for brochures to order food in.

Our property is situated in the surroundings of the international airport. The heart of Brussels is easy reachable by train or bus.

Upon check in a credit card is requested as a guarantee for extra's you may use. For example, internet, telephone, pay tv (regular and adult movies), paid outs etc.
My sincere apologies that my colleague let you feel this way. I'm positive he did not mean this and was only joking around. I will let him know that this can be hurtful.

I hope you will reconsider your decision and look forward to seeing you again soon.

With best regards,

Reviewed August 8, 2012

We booked this hotel for a brief overnight stay to catch a very early morning flight back to Canada. The overall appearance of the hotel seemed fine but that's were "fine" stopped. The hallways were shabby and in need of a coat of paint. The triple room we were given was absolutely the shabbiest, dingiest room we stayed in during our 2 week road trip through Holland and Belgium. When this was mentioned to the front staff all that was received was a shrug. We all agreed that we would never stay at this hotel again!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feed back.

I'm very sorry that you did not enjoy the room.
We take comments we receive at the reception and via websites very seriously.

I will inform the management about your points.

Reviewed August 2, 2012

I had booked this hotel through a company who does travel packages for Tomorrowland (a festival in Belgium). I pretty much saw the pictures and read the reviews so I knew what to expect . Coming from America I'm not sure if I'm just used to a standrad room being pretty roomy, but these rooms at hotel Thon were just ridiculously tiny. I mean for 2 people in a room there is not much space to move around. Besides that the room was very clean and the beds were fine. Bathroom was standard and had basically all the essentials, the water pressure was excellent. The cleaning lady always brought fresh towels daily and cleaned up. The front desk staff were always nice and answered all my 1,000 questions with a smile on their face. There was one lady who I think might have been the manager/supervisor who wasn't very nice but everyone else was fine. The wifi is not free anywhere not even in the lobby, I believe its 5 euros for 1 hour but they have different prices for longer usage. Breakfast was terrible, again maybe I'm used to an American breakfast but their breakfast was very simple. A few fruits, and some ham and cheese, coffe, and juice. What I didn't like was that the restaurant was not open, so to get food your only option was the holiday inn next door, and sometimes that wasn't even open. The hotel is not located by anything besides some other hotels. The train station is like a 10 minute walk, but this hotel is not the best place to stay if you want to walk around and see things. Like everyone else mentioned it's a good place for just a night or 2 the most. It wasn't horribel but I won't plan on staying there again.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank ashlee123
crmthon, Front Office Manager at Thon Hotel Brussels Airport, responded to this reviewResponded November 1, 2012

Dear Madam,

Thank you for your review concerning your last stay in July 2012. I hope you had a fantastic time at the Tomorrowland festival.
Thon Hotel Brussels Airport is situated only a small train trip away from the heart of Brussels.

It's very nice to see you enjoyed our front desk staff and the cleanliness of the rooms.

Internet is for free on our lobby pc, next to the reception. In the room and lobby you have 1 hour free internet. If you book on our own website you get even 24 hours free internet!
For Tomorrowland we have budget rates with special conditions.

Unfortunately in weekends our restaurant is not open for dinner. However, we do have brochures at the reception where you can order food from an external company and it's deliverd to your room.

I wish you a nice day.

Wiht best regards,

Reviewed July 31, 2012

We were staying at the Thon Hotel during our holidays in february. The receptionist was very helpful and friendly and told us how to save some money in Brussels (ask him). The room was a bit old looking and the bed was too soft for us but in fact it was tidy and clean. The location is ok, we were moving by the car so there was no problem for us to get anywhere we wanted including the old town which is abou 5-7 minutes away by car.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank belz44
crmthon, Front Office Manager at Thon Hotel Brussels Airport, responded to this reviewResponded September 22, 2012

Dear Guest,

Many thanks for your feed back.

How nice to read that you appreciated my helpful and friendly colleague from the reception.

Hope we will have the honour to welcome you again soon in Thon Hotel Brussels Airport.

Reviewed July 22, 2012

It was just a brief overnight stay to catch an early morning flight. No complaints. The room was bright and clean. The overall appearance of the hotel seemed fine. The front-desk staff helpful. A plus was free wi-fi. It was recommended to me by a friend who uses it regularly because of the condition of the hotel and price.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank godolnj

Dear Guest,

Thanks a lot for your kind feed back concerning your stay in July this year.

I'm happy to read you enjoyed your stay.

Hope we will see you again soon!

With best regards,

Reviewed June 26, 2012

As an airport hotel, it was adequate. It simply needs significant updating/renovating. The hallways smell of an old building. The room was fine but somewhat spartan. Our fee was 110 Euros, which did not include the breakfast or parking. Because there were no eating options within walking distance, we had to drive a ways to a convenience store to get a cold dinner and pastries for the breakfast.
Surprised/disappointed that printing boarding pass was an issue. I assume that to be common in an airport hotel. No complaints, but not a particularly nice place to stay.

Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your comments concerning your last stay in June this year.

If our restaurant is not open for dinner, there are a lot of restaurants on walking distance. If you prefer to stay in the hotel, there are external companies who deliver dishes. The reception will be delighted to be of your assistance.

Every morning a delicious buffet breakfast is served in our restaurant.

In our lobby we have a printer specially for our guests who need to print documents like boarding passes

I hope we can welcome you again during your next visit to Belgium.

Eline Egter van Wissekerke

Also consider these accommodations in or near Diegem
1 mi away
Thon Hotel Brussels City Centre
Thon Hotel Brussels City Centre
#3 of 13 in Saint-Josse-ten-Noode
Park Inn by Radisson Brussels Airport

Been to Thon Hotel Brussels Airport? Share your experiences!