“Average hotel”

Ranked #11 of 12 Hotels in Diegem
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
“Average hotel”
Reviewed June 15, 2012

So far I have stayed in several hotels in the same area and I can not recommend this one. Only if the other hotels are full and you will need to spend only one night, it is then OK. But if you are planning to stay a couple of days in a nice hotel and enjoy your stay etc then there are several better hotels nearby..

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
crmthon, Front Office Manager at Thon Hotel Brussels Airport, responded to this review, August 4, 2012
Dear Guest,

Many thanks for having taken the time to provide your opinion concerning your recent stay.

Wishing you a lovely weekend.

With best regards,
Eline Egter van Wissekerke

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
  • Indonesian first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Belgium
Reviewed May 18, 2012

Spent just one night arriving round 10pm the day before a very early flight.
Price of 69€, parking 20€ not included but I think all the parking of the hotels in the surroundings of the airports are with charges.
Didn't try the shuttle, so no experience but reception desk told me that it didn't work during the holidays dates...?
Good place but only for one night.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank oliveerpent
Dear Guest,

We would like to thank you for having taken the time to share your experience with the Tripadvisor travelers.
Our parking costs € 15,00 per 24 hours.
Free transport to and from the airport is offered from Monday to Friday from 6 AM until 11 PM.
However, if you book our special package 'Park, Sleep & Fly', you receive 14 days FREE parking and shuttle service every day!

I hope we can welcome you again soon in our property.

Yours truly,
Swindon, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 18, 2012

I spent two nights at the Thon whilst on a business trip to Brussels, I was working long hours I did little except sleep and have breakfast at the hotel - in this scenario my compact room was adequate. If I had needed to spend more time at the hotel or in my room I suspect the size would have been more of an issue. On the second night the in room tea/coffee was not replenished.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank rugbygeezer
Dear Guest,

Many thanks for your opinion concerning your last stay in our property.

The housekeeping has been informed that the tea and coffee was not refilled.

Hope to see you again during your next visit to Brussels.

With best regards,
San Antonio, Texas
Reviewed March 6, 2012

I found this hotel due to changements in my travel plan. Warm welcome from the receptionist who suggested me to return my Avis car the same day. After a phone call to the hotel I was picked up at the airport within the 20 minutes by their shuttle driver.
Rooms are nice and clean, maybe a little small comparing the American standards, but for me it was very comfortable. I got a nice and delicious dinner in the restaurant of the hotel.
I slept very well in a room close to the elevators. Breakfast was good.
Good shuttle service in the morning from 06:00 am to the airport. People are friendly and polite ( cleaning lady who helped me with my luggage ). I will recommend hotel to friends when they need to stay close to Brussels Airport.

Room Tip: For a longer stay, request a room in the long wing.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for the warm review you wrote on the website of Trip Advisor.

I'm pleased to read that our hotel staff has been of service and you have enjoyed your stay in our facilities.

I truly hope to welcome you once again in the near future.

Should you need any assistance, please feel free to contact me.

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed February 26, 2012

Not a bad hotel to spend a couple of nights in for Business in Brussels. Apparently it's close to the airport but i came by train and found out the hard way that it was more than 30 euro by taxi to the central station in town.

Rooms are small but probably not so small for Europe. Certainly smaller than London but bigger than Paris.

Service at the hotel is friendly.

Meals were ok - typical hotel rates for meals which I thought were expensive for Europe but clearly targeted at the business versus leisure traveller.

Would stay here again if I needed to.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank citisurfer
Dear Guest,

I'm glad that you had a nice stay in Thon Hotel Brussels Airport and enjoyed the friendliness of our hotel staff.

Hope we can welcome you again soon!

Brussels, Belgium
Reviewed November 8, 2011

I arrived at Brussels airport and originally planned to pick up my car and head to Paris to pick up a colleague on a night flight from the US and catch some zzzz's in the car on the way over. Plans changed slightly so I needed to book a room for the night close to the airport, based on price and the pictures I booked the Thon Brussels airport, which isnt really at the airport but a 10 minute taxi journey away.
Staff were friendly enough, even correcting my poor French when I greeted them. However, the walk to the room prepared me for what was in store, A very worn out room with a lino floor, basic bathroom of poor quality and my room had plaster bubbling off the walls in places. I didnt sleep too much due to the constant arrival of cars outside my window, At €90, find somewhere else as this is poor. Breakfast was just OK with cheap serve yourself offering and I had two beers and a cheese rol for dinner as I didnt want to try my luck at the dinner table.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank Subtrotter
crmthon, Front Office Manager at Thon Hotel Brussels Airport, responded to this review, April 14, 2012
Dear Guest,

Many thanks for your feed back concerning your stay in November.

I'm sorry to read that you were not satisfied about the room as there were unfortunately some technical issues.
The rooms were recently checked and repainted by our painters so that this will not reappear in the future.
It's a pity that you could not sleep due to noise from cars. We are not situated next to the main road so usually it is very quiet.

I hope we will have the chance to welcome you again soon.

Eline Egter van Wissekerke

Travelers are raving about these Diegem hotels

USA
Reviewed October 19, 2011

I stayed at the Thon Brussels Airport on a Cosmos tour and found the hotel to be very clean and comfortable. The receptionist was friendly and spoke good English. An Internet terminal was available in the lobby for a few euros. Our room was spotless and included in-room coffee. A nice buffet breakfast was included, though the hotel didn't offer a dinner service when we were there (I believe one of the hotels next door had a restaurant). The hotel is located in a business park near the airport, well away from Brussels city center, and I did not see any shops nearby. If you like to walk there are plenty of open spaces nearby to stretch your legs, however.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank IOM06
crmthon, Front Office Manager at Thon Hotel Brussels Airport, responded to this review, October 23, 2011
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your kind words.
It's very nice to read you enjoyed your stay in our property.

I hope you enjoyed the 'Europe tour'.

Hopefully you will stay again in Thon Hotel Brussels Airport during your next tour.

Have a nice day!