“Great Hotel; Normally Out Of My Price Range” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Crowne Plaza Hotel Brussels Airport

Crowne Plaza Hotel Brussels Airport
Ranked #4 of 12 Hotels in Diegem
Prague, Czech Republic
“Great Hotel; Normally Out Of My Price Range”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 25, 2010

This one is normally out of my price range for business trips. But, it came up with a good rate, so I thought I would give it a go.

I was not disappointed. This is a beautiful hotel and with extremely comfortable rooms. They all seem to have been renovated recently.

The location is so-so. For meetings in the Machelen area or layovers, it is a good choice. But, there is not anything around the hotel, so you are restricted to the hotel restaurant/bar or a taxi ride into the center.

Overall though, really enjoyed the stay. Would book a second time if the same rate is offered again.

• Stayed January 2009, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
CrowneHotel, Reservation Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Brussels Airport, responded to this review, August 30, 2010
Dear Guest,
Although, apparently it is some time ago that you stayed with us, we seem to have made a good impression on you. We are delighted to read that even though your last stay was 1 1/2 year ago, you still remember it! We thank you for that and hope to see you again in the near future.
Reservation Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (126)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Gurgaon
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 25, 2010

What shall I say about this hotel. The experience was excellent. I had some last minute changes in my return schedule from Brussels due to which I had to postpone my return date by one day. And that's when I called up this hotel to check for availability and rates. I was lucky to get a very good rate which was available for that weekend only and I immediately moved in for a check-in.

The process was smooth and I was allotted a room quickly. I requested for a garden view room which was promptly granted. The moment I stepped into the room, half of my tiredness went away. The room was nicely done with a very comfortable bed, a work table and a nice sofa. I quickly changed over and tokk a small power nap.

The restaurant was good. Though their was no Vegetarian option available on the Menu but the staff was friendly and got me a nice tasty pasta with alterations from their normal Menu item. Now this is what I call service, if the staff is willing to go that extra mile to make the guest comfortable.

They have sleep ambassadors which provide comfortable pillows as per your liking and provide a nice spray which can be applied on pillows for a nice, comfortable and sound sleep.

Overall an excellent experience.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
CrowneHotel, Reservation Manger at Crowne Plaza Hotel Brussels Airport, responded to this review, August 5, 2010
Dear Guest,

We were very pleased to see that you enjoyed your stay with us and that our "Sleep Advantage" programe and the helpfulness of our staff made the difference for you!
We hope to see you soon again in our hotel.

Farnborough, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 17, 2010

Stayed here as my company has an office 30 seconds walk away. I was very impressed with the room. Very clean and had everything you would expect from a hotel in a business park.

I did have two issues. The breakfast was very poor. The sausages and beans appeared to have been cooked in some kind of curry sauce. They served meatballs that you could have knocked someone out with.

The second issue I had is that they do not open the restaurant on a Friday or Saturday night. Now I know that this hotel is in a business park but there is nothing else within walking distance of the hotel so I found this to be quite strange. The bar is open and does server food but you are limited to 3 main courses. I did however eat in the restaurant on Sunday night and the food was very nice.

There is also a supermarket called Proxy just a minute walk away from the hotel which is very handy.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled on business
Washington, D.C.
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 15, 2010

I was really impressed with my one-night stay at this Crowne Plaza. Shuttle service to/from Brussels airport helped me control my costs. The hotel appears to be relatively new, with all the furniture and fixtures looking great and in full working order. The bed was very comfortable and the bathroom was large with a full shower separate from the bathtub. I got a price of €69 off the internet for a non-refundable room rate which I thought afforded great value for a hotel of this quality. Food service choices are very limited; the front desk will give you a map of the nearby village of Zaventem with the restaurants highlighted, which I used, but even the nearest restaurants are a good 15-minute walk away, which was fine on the beautiful day I was there but likely too far to walk in the rain.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled on business
2 Thank American_Bureaucrat
Luxembourg
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 11, 2010

We stayed here for one night as we had an early flight in the morning.

It was perfect. We used all the facilitie (Gym/Steam room and room service)

The room was very comfortable and the bathroom was extremely clean and had a bath and shower!

I got a package that included 15 days parking which was just what I needed.

Not worth using the minibar as it is very expensive and there is a supermarket just next door.

The Gym was small but in very good condition and the steam room was very relaxing.

I generally rate my business type hotels on their Room Service Cheese Burger :-) I can report that theirs was one of the best and the chips were perfect!!!!

It is only 5 minutes to the airport and they have a shuttle service during normal working hours. Note: They do not run this all the time but a taxi is 10 euros so not so bad really.

The staff were extremely helpful.

Not good if you are intending to visit brussels but perfect for an overnight stay.

I will for sure go back if I have to catch a flight from there again.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Britinluxembourg
CrowneHotel, Reservation Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Brussels Airport, responded to this review, April 7, 2010
Dear Guest,

We were very pleased to read that you enjoyed your recent stay with us. From your comments, we are convinced that we were able to meet your requirements.

We thank you for taking the time to comment your visit with us and are looking forward to welcoming you again in the future.

Hamburg
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 11, 2009

I spent some time at this hotel and the first impressions of it were much promising.
When you enter the lobby you get a real overwhelming feel of american quality.

Checkin was nice and pleasant and the room was comfortable.

So far, so good.
However...
So far, no furter.

The following days the service at particuarly the reception desk seemed to falter and stumble.
I don't know if this was due to the fact that it was busier then before, but the people didn't seem to have a handle on things.
I had to repeat my requests multiple times and even then, when I returned from a hard day at the site I was working at, found that my clearly expressed wishes hadn't been communicated to whoever was on the desk in he evening. My bill was still a mess!

At first I thought the girl had just forgotten, as she was very apologetic about it and promised to fix the problem.

When I checked out on my last day, the errors had still not been corrected. While waiting for the fumbling receptionist to get things finally sorted out, I overheard the Manager talking to other guests who were complaining about the same problems.
It seemed that there was a whole lot of understanding and emphatic nodding, but it seemed to me that it wasn't the first time these issues came to light.

Again, the people themselves, although useless, were very pleasant.
When everything was finally in order, the Receptionist warmly apologised and said she hoped that when I return, it would be a bit quieter!

• Stayed September 2009, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank mysterytraveller041
Mumbai (Bombay), India
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 11, 2009

I had to spend a night near Brussels Airport to catch a flight in the morning. Normally I stay at the Sheraton which is across from the terminal. But this time they were asking for EU170. That was way too much so I found Crowne Plaza. It is less than 5 minutes from the airport and they have a shuttle bus every 20 minutes. But beware this does not operate from 10AM to 4 PM unless you call the hotel and ask for it. So better have the hotel number handy. No taxi will go there as its just too close.

The hotel is modern looking with a large lobby and a bar at one end. The room is pretty good except for the TV which is the old style box. They shud upgrade the TV to give the room also a modern look. I ate at the hotel restaurant. Good but expensive!!!! A pasta costed me 16EU. But if u dont have a car there really are no other options as the hotel has nothing in walking distance.

I would give this hotel between 3.5 and 4 stars. Rooms and all were nice. What was not nice was that I paid 127EU in the middle of nowhere. Plus internet was 22EU. Why o why must the hotels charge for internet when you are already paying so much for the room?? But the internet was high speed, 10 MBPS. Overall good value.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled on business
1 Thank VCG
CrowneHotel, Reservation Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Brussels Airport, responded to this review, November 19, 2009
Dear Guest,
Thank you for sharing your recent experience in our hotel.. We really appreciate your sincerity regarding our room rates and internet rates. We believe our rates to be competitive (especially in the weekend) providing good value for money. Nevertherless, we do hope that your last visit in our hotel has not made you loose confidence in Crowne Plaza Brussels AIrport and that for your future visits to the Brussels Airport area, we hope that we still remain an option.
Françoise Rennotte
Also consider these accommodations in or near Diegem
Novotel Brussels Airport
Sheraton Brussels Airport Hotel
Van der Valk Brussels Airport
NH Brussels Airport
NH Brussels Airport
#2 of 12 in Diegem
Holiday Inn Brussels Airport
Ibis Budget Brussels Airport

Been to Crowne Plaza Hotel Brussels Airport? Share your experiences!