1,181 results
All reviews room service burger mini bar rooms are large coach tour stayed here for one night business airport brussels shuttle internet weekends euros gym train belgium minibar
Selected filters
Reviewed July 29, 2017

Overall great airport hotel if staying for a few nights and waiting on a flight (I was) as hotel is a $8 Euro/5 minute cab ride from the airport and hotel is in quiet area but be advised there is nothing around it for food – so you have to use the hotel bar or restaurant. And the prices are not cheap as a burger cost $25US without anything to drink. More on that in the “Tips For Staying Here” Section. Rooms are very nice as I upgraded to the Deluxe Room w/lounge access for the all-day use and free drinks – beer, soft drinks, coffee, water, etc. Rooms are large for European standards, beds nice, wifi fast and bathrooms are large. If coming here again and needing an overnight stay for being close to the airport – I had looked at a hotel downtown in the city center but a cab ride was going to be $50 Euros. Front desk staff nice and check-in fast.

Tips for Staying Here: On the weekend the hotel shuttle does not go all day so you must use a cab ($8 before tip) and a 5-min ride. Also I did the upgrade to a room w/lounge access at a great rate and had all the beer (Leffe) I could drink – a very good deal as the same beer at the bar is $6 Euros each – so if you plan to have a few drinks staying here, I recommend the lounge rooms. Breakfast on weekends is not in the lounge but you can have it in the restaurant on the weekends. So selecting the lounge access room I feel saved me over $30 US easily given the sodas, water, beer and other items consumed from the lounge, vice pay for at the bar area. In addition, on the weekends the hotel is very, very quiet which was nice for me. If coming for a longer time and needing places to eat and see, I recommend staying closer in town – cab ride will be more $100 Euros there/back but will offer you more options.

But for a quick stay close to the airport – the Crowne is a good selection.

Room tip: Deluxe Room on 6th Floor next to Lounge
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
Stephanie M, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Brussels Airport, responded to this reviewResponded August 1, 2017

Dear Foxtraveler,

Thank you for your recent stay at the Crowne Plaza Brussels Airport and for your detailed review.

We are glad to read that you enjoyed our sky lounge and the comfort in your room.

We hope to have the chance to welcome you back soon.

Kind Regards,

Erica R.
Jr. Operations Manager

Reviewed July 27, 2017 via mobile

The hotel is just a few minutes from the airport. They offer a free shuttle bus or you can take a cab and it'll cost you about 7-8 Euro.

Check-in was okay. I didn't really have any issues, but they didn't offer much information on the hotel without me asking.

I had a disagreement with a staff member regarding their "green engage" program. I paid for 2 night and therefore if I decline room cleaning, I am to be provided a 5 food voucher for the restaurant. You are technically suppose to hang the placard on your door by 2 AM, but my flight didn't arrive until after that. I checked in, slept for a few hours, then left for the day. She tried to say because I didn't have it out by 2 AM that I was not eligible. I explained my flight did not get in until after that but slept and left probably even before room cleaning even got to my room. So when I asked again, I said if you aren't going to provide the food voucher then I would like my room cleaned. She said it was probably too late for that too. After some back and forth, she "would do me a one time favor" and provide me the voucher. I found the situation to be ridiculous and it should have been solved without all the unneeded back and forth.

ROOM (#433)

The room was clean and had a nice view of the park behind the hotel.

The room had a bed with 2 night stands, a table and 2 chairs, TV, dresser, clock, desk and chair, closet with hangers, iron and board, stocked mini fridge, coffee maker. There were 4 available outlets for electronics along with a power dock phone charger with 3 different types of phone adapters. The thermostat was average and did not get as cold as I would have liked.

BATHROOM

The bathroom was typical. There was a toilet, sink, shower, and bathtub. There was also a hairdryer.

RESTAURANT

I did not eat eat at the restaurant. I thought it was outrageous to pay 22 Euro ("if you pay now at check-in") or 25 "at the door" for the buffet. The prices for the dinner menu were also high. 21 Euro for a sandwich, 24 for a burger, 18-25 for a pizza depending on your toppings choices.

They can charge these prices because there is nothing immediately close to the hotel. They essentially run a monopoly on food. I was able to walk about 15 minutes to a train station stop and find a little restaurant that gave me twice as much food for half the price. And the food there was great.

GYM/SAUNA

The gym wasn't bad. The best thing about it was it had some big windows that let in natural light.

The gym had 3 treadmills, 1 stepper, 3 stationary and 2 sport-type bicycles, 1 elliptical, a cable machine, fitness balls, medicine balls, and dumbbells 2-20Kg.

The locker room that was inside the gym and also had the sauna inside it appeared to be nice.

OVERALL

I would give the hotel 3.5 stars but you can't do half stars on here and I don't think the hotel should get a 4.

The free shuttle is nice. The room is average but the thermostat didn't get that cold with it turned all the way down. I didn't eat at the restaurant but I would be hungry before I paid those ridiculous prices. The gym was fairly nice. My customer service issue dropped the hotel score. The hotel is really in the middle of nowhere. If I had to, I'd stay here again. Otherwise, next time I'll look for other options.

Trip type: Traveled on business
Stephanie M, Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Brussels Airport, responded to this reviewResponded July 31, 2017

Dear JonnyBlaze777,

Thank you very much for having taken the time to review your recent stay at the Crowne Plaza Brussels Airport. The positive remarks regarding the room, shuttle and gym facilities will be shared with the team.

We truly value your loyalty and I am very sorry to hear that you have experienced issues during your stay with us, and for any inconvenience this has caused you I would like to offer my sincerest apologies. Our front office team has again been informed about the green engage vouchers and check-in procedures in order to further improve ourselves. We are currently busy with preparing a new restaurant menu and will take your feedback into consideration.

Once again please accept my sincere apologies. I do hope you will give us another chance to show our hotel in a much more positive light.

We sincerely look forward to welcoming you back to the Crowne Plaza Brussels Airport in the near future.

Kindest regards,

Thijs van Schijndel

Director of Food & Beverage

Reviewed July 24, 2017 via mobile

Nice hotel and good rooms. Chilled and relaxing hotel with good bar and restaurant. Keep checking for good room rates as they change. One of the better hotels in the area and worth a visit if you area making a trip.

Trip type: Traveled on business
Stephanie M, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Brussels Airport, responded to this reviewResponded July 25, 2017

Dear Raymond,

Thank you for your nice comments.
We are very happy to read that you enjoyed the hotel atmosphere and the restaurant.

We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back in the future!

Kind Regards,

Erica R.
Jr. Operations Manager

Reviewed July 22, 2017 via mobile

I stayed here for four nights arriving on a Sunday late afternoon. First the restaurant isn't open on sundays. Nowhere on the web site does it say this. So after 7 hours of trains and taxis I arrive and no restaurant. The bar did serve food so I paid 30 bucks for very small chicken wings a small pizza and fries.The wings were good but pizza not so much. I asked for ketchup after the fries and it took the poor bartender 15 minutes. The food apparently and the condiments are in the restaurant.
Instead of having laundry done the first night I dropped it off at 8pm on my second night thinking it would defiantly be back by 7pm for my fourth night. I was wrong. Despite what the paper says it wasn't. I had to cancel my dinner reservations because I didn't have a clean shirt that was suitable for the reservation. The front desk was not very sympathetic. They did give me 50 pct off the high laundering price. I asked to talk to the manager and left my email and phone number. That was a week ago. No call no email. There are plenty of other hotels in the area - stay at on of them.

Dear PAtravelingguy,

Your feedback is of true importance to us, and I am kindly asking for your permission to contact you by telephone, in order to discuss your recent stay with us. Should you agree, please be so kind to provide us with a telephone number where I may reach you (thijs.vanschijndel@ihg.com), as well as the most suitable time for you to call.

In the meantime, kindly be informed that your feedback has been shared with our teams for further improvement.

Once again please accept my sincere apologies. I do hope you will give us another chance to show our hotel in a much more positive light, and I stay at your disposal in case you need further clarification.

Kindest regards,

Thijs van Schijndel

Director of Food & Beverage

Reviewed June 21, 2017 via mobile

Fabulous hotel, attention to detail second to none , reception staff very attentive nothing was too much trouble.
Restaurant was not busy but was made to feel uncomfortable by asking for a table, waiting a while to be asked for a drink and menu.
Room service great, chicken Caesar salad to die for!
Would highly recommend hotel and definitely would return

Date of stay: June 2017
Trip type: Traveled on business
Stephanie M, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Brussels Airport, responded to this reviewResponded June 28, 2017

Dear KMRG99,

We would like to thank you for the great comment you mentioned about your recent stay with us.
Some points that you mentioned, we will take into consideration and tackle it with our F&B Director.
Hopefully we can welcome you back soon and provide you always a TOP class service.

Greetings from Brussels,