“Excellent airport hotel”

Crowne Plaza Hotel Brussels Airport
Ranked #3 of 12 Hotels in Diegem
Reviewed April 12, 2014 via mobile

It is a crowne plaza with no surprizes. It is meant for business travellers and it delivers what business travellers expect. The service is good, the staff is helpful and efficient. The rooms are clean, spacious with a comfortable bed and functional furniture including ironing table, hair dryer, minibar, working table, docking station for smartphones and so on. Ask for a room with a view to the garden behind the hotel. Shuttle service every 20 minutes to the airport.

Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
CrowneHotel, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Brussels Airport, responded to this reviewResponded April 13, 2014

Dear bmelo,

Thank you very much for taking the time to review our hotel.
It is great to read that our staff and our services were able to fulfill all your needs and meet your expectations.

We are already looking forward to welcoming you soon again.

Best regards,

Edward Kreft

Reviewed April 7, 2014

Arrived at 23:45 after a flight that was delayed for two hours.

I was told that there was no room for me, despite the fact that I had booked well ahead of other colleagues who were already in their rooms.

I had to kick up an absolute stink, at which point a room materialised. NOT what you want after a full day at work, a delayed flight and an upcoming breakfast meeting.

Although I am in Brussels every week, The Crowne Plaza will be my last choice. I have therefore made all of my reservations for the next 6 weeks at the Sheraton, where the service is excellent.

Room Tip: Seriously? go somewhere else.
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
3  Thank Suki B
CrowneHotel, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Brussels Airport, responded to this reviewResponded April 9, 2014

Dear Suki B,

Firstly, I would like to thank you for your feedback on this unfortunate experience which we intend to rectify to the fullest on your next stay.

Our Hotel has always valued its association with its customers and hence in this case, your feedback about your last experience with us is of high value. As a Crowne Plaza Hotel we pride ourselves in providing first class services to all our guests.
We are confident that the experience you had is not exemplary for our vision on how guest should be treated and for this we do apologize sincerely.

I do hope that we will have the chance to welcome you back soon, in order to show you the true value of our establishment.

Edward Kreft

Reviewed April 4, 2014

Beautiful hotel , fantastic location , walking distance to the main area of shopping , neat and clean , good food , very courteous staff , extremely safe , good value for money , must plan a stay in this hotel any time visiting brussels

Room Tip: any room is a good room , excellent design
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Jolien V, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Brussels Airport, responded to this reviewResponded April 6, 2014

Dear 09042014,

Thank you for reviewing your recent stay with us.
It is a pleasure to read such excellent comments about our hotel!

We are already looking forward to welcoming you soon again.

Reviewed April 3, 2014

I've been here again twice since my last positive review in OCT 2013 and can basically confirm my experiences noted there. With one (for me) important exception: The last 2 times I've asked - like always - for a non-smoking room and got both times a room which was stinking for smoke and neutralizing sprays - inacceptable! Quality control doesn't work properly here. And these sprays are a No-Go for me, as I'm allergic to them. On top you waste lots of time, going up (with all hands full of luggage), checking the room, it stinks, going back to the front desk (with all hands still full), possibly queue up again at the front desk. You complain and need to listen to the receptionist, who tells you, that you are in a non-smoking hotel (you really don't want to hear this, as it is obviously not true!). So, dear managers, do your homework and walk the talk!

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business

Dear Dils2003,

We would like to thank you for taking the time to comment your stay in our hotel and sending us your feedback.

Please accept our sincere apology for all the inconveniences that you have experienced.

Your comments have been shared with our Executive Housekeeper and we guarantee you that immediate actions have been set up to avoid any repetition of these problems in the future.

We are committed to you and want to regain your confidence in us.

We are looking forward to welcoming you back on your next visit in an effort to provide you the level of service you expect from us.

Reviewed March 31, 2014

I spent a week here recently for work recently, and overall I enjoyed my stay. I'll break the review down into sections to make it a bit easier to follow.

Room: Plenty of room (I had a standard room) including a large bathroom, huge bed, and the standard sitting table & desk. The minibar in the fridge automatically charges items to your room as you pick them up, so keep that in mind as you reach for the chips sitting in the "special shelf". The TV had 200+ channels with nearly as many languages to choose from, making it easy to kill time. My room faced the front side of the hotel, but the back side rooms overlook a wonderful park. WiFi is ridiculously expensive (~20 Euro a day), BUT it's free if your a member of the IHG rewards program.

Food: The breakfast is well worth the investment. An immense variety of hot and cold foods, fruits, deli meats, cheeses, yogurt, etc. Pro Tip: If you ask nicely, they will cook you eggs to order rather than scooping out of the mass produced tray of scrambled eggs. Dinner is a total ripoff and should be avoided. Take the five minutes walk up the road to the town of Zaventum for a huge selection of great local restaurants.

Location: Literally right next to the airport, the hotel makes it easy to get downtown. On several times I simply took the free shuttle to the airport (they leave every 20 minutes during the day), then took the train to Brussels Central Station. This saved tons of money and frustration from dealing with Brussels traffic. The kicker: if you decide to park at the hotel, it's a steep 22 Euro per day.

Staff: The housekeeping staff was very courteous and my room was great. The front desk staff was hit or miss with customer service, leaning more towards the "miss" side. It seemed as if I was bothering them with any request I made, with a few small exceptions.

Overall, I would still come back here for business. Wouldn't recommend it for families, just because it's so far away from the main tourist attractions in Brussels.

Room Tip: Pay a little extra for a room on the back side with a park view.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
Jolien V, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Brussels Airport, responded to this reviewResponded April 2, 2014

Dear Velophile,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write such a detailed review about your recent stay with us.

It is a pleasure to read all your lovely comments praising our hotel and its facilities.

However, we regret to hear that you have had some unpleasant experiences with our Front Desk. We certainly want to represent the Crowne Plaza brand and professionalism throughout the whole hotel in all small details. Hence, your feedback is taken seriously and will be taken on board internally to make improvements where necessary.

We are already looking forward to welcoming you again in the future.

Reviewed March 31, 2014 via mobile

Already reviewed previously and gave a low rating due to the restaurant. Stayed there again. Must say that I'm very impressed with the hotel. Quality of the room, fitness center, service, and the breakfast is exceptional. Haven't tried the dinner menu again. Hope they fixed. Would be remiss if I didn't improve my rating based on my second stay. Highly recommend the hotel. Dinner. ... don't know yet :-)

Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
Jolien V, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Brussels Airport, responded to this reviewResponded March 31, 2014

Dear SeanB_10,

Thank you very much for again taking the time to review your recent stay with us.

We are excited to see the huge improvement in your score and the lovely comments about our hotel. It is great to read that we were able to show you the true value of our establishment .
Hopefully, you will have the opportunity to enjoy dinner in our restaurant during one of your future stays. We would love to hear your feedback, as this is vital to us and even more so since you are a returning guest.

Our team is already looking forward to welcoming you soon again.

Reviewed March 28, 2014

It's a hotel, based near the airport, obviously aimed at the business traveller. What makes it a little different is that all of the staff were polite and helpful, all with a smile.
The hotel was clean, good facilities, with stupidly priced food.
Wouldn't stay here forma personal trip, but for business it's spot on.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
Jolien V, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Brussels Airport, responded to this reviewResponded March 30, 2014

Dear AnthonyDB,

Thank you for the time you took to review your stay at our hotel.
We are delighted to read that we can distinguish ourselves from other airport hotels with our friendly and helpful staff!

We are already looking forward to welcoming you again on your next business trip.

Jolien Van Hove

Also consider these accommodations in or near Diegem
Novotel Brussels Airport
Van der Valk Brussels Airport
Sheraton Brussels Airport Hotel
NH Brussels Airport
NH Brussels Airport
#2 of 12 in Diegem
Holiday Inn Brussels Airport
Park Inn by Radisson Brussels Airport

Been to Crowne Plaza Hotel Brussels Airport? Share your experiences!