“Great Hotel For Brussels Airport Stays, Recommended”

Crowne Plaza Hotel Brussels Airport
Ranked #4 of 12 Hotels in Diegem
Reviewed December 14, 2012

Modern hotel, nice rooms, well decorated, comfy large bed, loads of pillows, chair and tables, work desk. Flat screen TV, good UK channels, had BBC1/2/3/ITV/Eurosport

Was a Friday night, alas the Club Lounge is closed for Friday and Saturday. Overall Friday night stay good value for money,

Crowne Plaza hotels give a very consistant package (hotel, room, beds, comfort) unlike associated Holiday Inn brand where I am never sure what it will be like until I stay first time at a H/Inn.
Congratulations Crowne Plaza for keeping up the standard I like/need

Shuttle bus from airport just 10minutes, starts 6am (note other IHG group offering Holiday Inn starts 5am ). My flight 6am so 4am taxi waiting as ordered at checkin, cost just 15euros.

Must be popular, I did look to book a later Monday night, but Deluxe Room at 270euros was too much for me, so I had to stay further out on my return to Brussels waiting on a Tuesday flight. I would rather have stayed here.

Room Tip: Opt for deluxe over standard room.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo
CrowneHotel, Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Brussels Airport, responded to this reviewResponded January 22, 2013

Dear Guest,
I can’t begin to tell you how happy it made me to read about your experience at our hotel.

The team here strives to make each guest experience as close to perfect as humanly possible. When we accomplish that goal we’ve done our job. I am so honored that you choose Crowne Plaza Brussels Airport while you were in the Brussels Airport area. And we’re extremely grateful that you took the time out of your busy schedule to share this wonderful feedback.
I really appreciate it and know the team will as well when I share it with them.

We look forward to welcoming you back again the next time you are in town. If I can do anything for you during your next visit to our hotel, please do not hesitate to call me. The front desk would be happy to connect you to my office.

Best Regards,

There are newer reviews for Crowne Plaza Hotel Brussels Airport

Reviewed November 22, 2012

I stayed here for two nights on business, and couldn't fault the hotel. The rooms were well proportioned and the clean. The restaurant was good, and the service excellent. I would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
CrowneHotel, Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Brussels Airport, responded to this reviewResponded November 22, 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for writing such a nice comments and feedback about our hotel on tripadvisor.

It is always pleasant to receive positive feedback from our contented guests. Be assured that your relevant feedback will provide valuable support to all of our staff as we strive continuously to reach excellence.

We thank you for recommending TripAdvisor travellers to come over to the hotel. Our whole team look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed November 15, 2012

I use to join this hotel every time I visit our HQ in Bruxelles. The rooms are really confortable and quiet with flat TV, internet and movies. Inside the closet you'll find safebox and the electroc iron. The bathroom is big with shower and bath. The lobby bar offers nice beers and a burger that you'll never forget. The breakfast is very expensive (22€) and I never use to have inside beacuse it's litterally a "crime", but however you can use the coffeemaker in your room.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
CrowneHotel, Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Brussels Airport, responded to this reviewResponded December 9, 2012

Dear Guest,

Many thanks for your review on your recent stay with us. We were happy to read that our rooms are appointed to your satisfaction

Looking forward to welcoming you soon again

Reviewed November 11, 2012

If you are going for a short stay in Brussels for a meeting, this is the perfect place. The Hotel is fully functional with spacious rooms that are very well equipped. It's in the airport vicinity so you won't loose any time in traffic and dislocations. Breakfast is very good with a relaxing view for a small lake and gardens. The small fault that I noticed was that the pillows were very uncomfortable and there seemed not to exist any "pillow menu" but to say the true, I haven't tried to ask for a different kind of pillows.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
CrowneHotel, Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Brussels Airport, responded to this reviewResponded November 21, 2012

Dear Guest,

Many thanks for taking the time to comment your experience in our hotel.

We were happy to read that staying with us for your meetings makes your life easier. For your next visit, do not hesitate to contact us directly, maybe we can make your stay even more enjoyable.

Looking forward to welcoming you again !

Francoise Rennotte
Reservations manager

Reviewed November 7, 2012

First off - if you want to stay here for just one night and need to be in the vicinity of the airport, it is an OK location as long as you don't have to stay longer and as long as you don't want to og to Brussels - it is a long way from the town center and train station.

I stayed here for 4 nights due to In my mind there are some serious doubts that this hotel deserves 4 stars.
Why?
- Even a one star hotel reception greets you in the morning when they aren't busy
- Arriving at the airport - the shuttle bus wasn't there to pick up guests - you had to call the hotel so that they send a shuttle. Not great service when the hotel already has your flight details...
- There is no concierge - so asking the receptionist for a recommendation is like asking a brick wall. They do have a list of restaurants in the area, but they can't tell you for example which of the indian restaurants is the best/cheapest/nicest service etc.
- They say they have wifi - but in my case the wifi was only in the reception area and not on my room...Wifi was supposed to be avaliable in two weeks...
- At breakfast a 4 star hotel doesn't serve cold bacon and industrial made scrambled eggs
- At breakfast the person checking which room number you have is more interested in collecting the little piece of paper With Your name and room number on it - than saying good morning --> very rude! In addition to this I think the management should look into how relevant it is to have someone collecting the names and room numbers. The other waiters are trying to keep up With the pace and refill empty cheese, coffee and other food while I noticed that every morning the person responsible for collecting names was just counting how many names he/she had gathered that morning. To me this seemed very much like "trying to look busy" attitude.
- At arrival nobody helps With Your luggage - I have experienced many 4 star hotels that do so
- The waiter at the lounge bar was often unfriendly - making me and my colleagues Wonder if it is OK to order something or if he really feels disturbed when we want to give him our Money for a drink...
- The menu in the restaurant in the evening is boring and the taste-experience is not 4 star either. You don't expect to get a side plate with yesterdays breakfast buns and butter when you eat dinner. Also the side salad tasted soggy.

- On a good note - the hotel has good sized rooms.

To summarize my ranting :-) This hotel misses "the little extra" that I expect from a four star hotel.
If I may make a suggestion to the management it would be to sit down with your entire staff and ask yourselves the following question:
"What is hospitality?"
and after you have the answers, then ask yourselves:
"Is hospitality something I really have a burning desire for?"

If you find out that you don't have a real & propper desire to make your customers feel (even better than) at home - then I am afraid you should find something else to do as a profession. Not only for your own sake - but for your customers sake as well.

Room Tip: Make sure to book a room with Wifi - as not all rooms are in the wifi zone of the hotel. They do hav...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Vespadirk
CrowneHotel, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Brussels Airport, responded to this reviewResponded November 15, 2012

Dear Guest

We would like to thank you for taken the time to comment your stay in our hotel and send us your feedback.

Our Hotel has always valued its association with its customers and hence in this case, your feedback about your last experience with us is of high value.
Please accept our sincere apology for all the inconveniences that you have experienced.

We guarantee you that immediate actions have been set up to avoid any repetition of these problems in the future.
Furthermore all staff will participate in a workshop to assess customer care and be “One step ahead” on customer expectations.

We are committed to you and want to regain your confidence in us.

If you have any other feedback about our services, feel free to contact me on my personal number +32 (0)479 40 04 03

We are looking forward to welcoming you back on your next visit in an effort to provide you the level of service you expect from InterContinental Hotels Group Hotels.

Edward Kreft

Reviewed October 29, 2012

This was not the first time I stayed at this hotel. The environment it modern, clean, and the rooms are very comfortable. The service is always pleasant and with a smile. The proximity to the airport is great for the business traveler. There is a free shuttle service to the airport during the week and on demand on weekends. The only drawback is the restaurant. The food is expensive and to be honest far from the best I have had in Brussels.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank DMSMD64
CrowneHotel, Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Brussels Airport, responded to this reviewResponded November 3, 2012

Dear Guest,

Many thanks for your Loyalty towards Crowne Plaza Brussels Airport. We do appreciate your feedback. We have taken down your comments regarding our restaurant. For your next visit, may we advise you to contact us before hand, so that we can arrange for you to meet with our Chef and review your comments in detail with him ?

Looking forward to welcoming you again

Reviewed October 26, 2012

This is not the first time I stay here, due to the very close airport. The hotel is. Ice, modern, beautiful and with really nice room. But, I need to say, the price for food is a shame. Everything costs 22 euro for dinner, from a salad to a burger. Also the main dishes are around that level and it is too much honestly. Think about the surprise when in the morning the breakfast costed... 22 euro! I understand that it is a business hotel and there is absolutely nothing around, but it is a bit exaggerated I think. And this make me lose the confidence in this hotel.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business

Dear Guest,

Many thanks for visiting us recently and for commenting you experience with us.

For your next visit, we advise you to ask our reception team for some tips on the surroundings of the hotel. Despite the fact that the hotel does not seem to be within the city, it is very close (10 mins walk) and offers a full range of entertainment and dining options.

Looking forward to welcoming you soon again.

Best regards
Reservations Manager

Also consider these accommodations in or near Diegem
Novotel Brussels Airport
Van der Valk Brussels Airport
Sheraton Brussels Airport Hotel
NH Brussels Airport
NH Brussels Airport
#2 of 12 in Diegem
Parker Hotel Brussels Airport
Park Inn by Radisson Brussels Airport

Been to Crowne Plaza Hotel Brussels Airport? Share your experiences!