“Good Business Hotel”

Parker Hotel Brussels Airport
Ranked #7 of 12 Hotels in Diegem
Reviewed August 31, 2013

The staff was very helpful and friendly, the rooms were clean and spacious, and the location near the airport is great if you're in town for a short business trip. The one issue I had was that most of the rooms are on the first floor, with a walk out patio door. It is great if you want to take a quick step outside, but the security of my room was always in the back of my mind.

Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank TravelTripVacation

Reviewed August 22, 2013

This hotel is basically an airport hotel. Friendly and efficient personnel. Nice spacious rooms and nice bath room. Free early bird snack when you need to go to the airport. Very interesting to leave your car at the parking while away. Great rates when you make an early booking.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 20, 2013

Clean, comfortable room. Good for a short stay. Nice view over looking the pool. A/C worked well. Complimentary water station on each floor. Mini fridge wasn't very cold. There was no ice available on the property. No elevator, but only 2 floors. Not close to anything, but the shuttle runs to the airport throughout the day and 2x a day goes downtown. Train station is a little over 1 mile walk. trains into town every hour. industrial area. Breakfast was standard. Runny eggs

1  Thank D M
Reviewed August 8, 2013

Stayed there when my US Air flight was cancelled. So happy to have a comfy place to stay.

My wife arranged a major international conference there a few months before and raved about how accommodating and pleasant the staff were, so happy to go there. It’s the former Sofitel near (not at) the airport.

I was a bit apprehensive at first because Tulip can have a reputation as being too thrifty.

The staff was first rate. Friendly, easy to connect with and fun to speak with. Big points there. Had an airline voucher and check-in was a snap.

Room was very quiet and the bed was one of the best. So comfortable! A rather modern décor with lots of wood and nice furniture. Safe and small fridge (empty). Free Wi-fi. Average flat screen TV with lots of English channels.

Shuttle to the airport every 30 minutes.

Buffet breakfast that was not great, but above average and better than a normal Tulip hotel in The Netherlands. Scrambled eggs were soupy, so I passed. Bacon was good, but not hot. Cold cuts looked more like a decoration than a horn-of-plenty. Numerous breads and cereals.

Bearing all this in mind, because I was there under an airline voucher. I most likely had one of the “worst” rooms and had the minimal food.

So….. What I didn’t like. Sliding door to the outside didn’t have a lock or latch. Had a hole where one should have been, but no way to secure that entrance to the room. Had a second floor room, but a Monte-Carlo cat burglar could have easily entered the room. No way to secure the room. If I had a first floor room, I would have asked for another. Menu for the airline voucher was barely fuel. Definitely not food - especially in Brussels. Based on that meal, I’d never go there again - ever. Then again, Tulip isn’t known for its food. While not far from the airport, there is nothing near the hotel within walking distance except for the Holiday Inn. If you want to eat somewhere else (and you should), if you don’t have a car, you need a taxi.

Not to end on bad items, it was a nice place and staff were wonderful. Would have rather had the Sheraton at he airport, but I was flying economy, so they put me there. Except for the food, I bet I would have had a better room if I wasn’t under the voucher.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed August 1, 2013

The Tulip hotel is not positioned really for tourists, much more for business users as it is well out of the city near as the name suggests the airport.
The room was excellent, well equipped and everything seemed to work.
Meals were fine, service good.
I didn't find the Jacusi until it was too late but combined with the small fitness room and an outdoor pool it all seemed fine.

I travelled at the end of July and I thought the price very reasonable - less than 60 euros.

Reviewed July 26, 2013

I was offered this hotel, so it was not much choice.
It is located close to the airport, but the area is isolated - there is nothing in surroundings), I was unable to find a single shop.
I was suprised on my arrival home to check that this hotel has 4 stars - I would suggest more 3 stars.
I was informed that the shuttle runs regurals 24h / 24 h from the airport platform at level 0.
When I reached this platform, I have seen that there is a timetable and the last shuttle due to the timetable leaves at 19:45. So in case the shuttle is needed later to get to the hotel you need to call the number of the hotel and you will be picked up.
I needed to wait for some time to be cheched up as both reception ladies were busy on the telophone.
There is no elevator or assistance, so you need to carry your luggage yourself through the stair cases.
The room was clean, rather comformatble, well-furnished, but when I looked through the window I noticed A HUGE HOLE IN THE CURTAIN ABOUT 50 CM MIN. Unbelievable. How was it possible that nobody from the stuff sees it- or they do not clean the windows?! Strange.
The plus is that there was a small frige (i guess a mini-bar) and it was emply, so I was able to put my things there for storage.
In the evening I asked the shuttle to be arranged for 06;30 in order to get in the airport 2 H before and the receptionist lady answered no possible and offered two solutions: 5.30 am and 07:00 am.
07;00 was too late, so I needed to take 5:30 am shuttle to be on the save side.
Only because the hotel was full and was unable to care more about shuttle survice I needed to wake up 1 h earlier. Shame and unacceptable.

Reviewed July 22, 2013 via mobile

This hotel was very nice. The only downside was the location.
It is not in the city, but out near the airport. The beds were very comfortable and the facilities were modern.
They also provided wifi.