“Perfect location” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Novotel Brussels Airport

Novotel Brussels Airport
Ranked #3 of 12 Hotels in Diegem
GreenLeadersBronze level

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (81)
  • Greek first
  • Hungarian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Toronto
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 22, 2012

We picked this hotel because only Novotels would allow our family to stay in one room (2 adults, 3 children under 5). We were really happy with this hotel. Rooms are basic, but clean and comfortable. We had a double bed and pull out bed for the kids. There isn't much around the hotel, so you need to eat at the hotel. We had the dinner buffet there and although it was more expensive, it was quite good. Shuttle service to the airport worked well. Good reasonably priced hotel. Would recommend for families.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
5 Thank Guelph_Dawn
patrick m, General Manager at Novotel Brussels Airport, responded to this review, November 28, 2012
Dear Sir, Dear Madam,
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at NOVOTEL BRUSSELS AIRPORT.
At NOVOTEL, we strive to provide a superior service experience for every customer; therefore your feedback is very important to us. Please rest assured that we are taking the appropriate measures to address the problem and prevent future occurrence.

London
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 22, 2012

I stayed there overnight, being in transit via Brussels airport. The hotel achieved what I expected from it: close to the airport (~ 5mn), shuttle on time, friendly staff. Room was clean & quiet, although a little bit old. View from rooms on the "inside of the U" is on a small park, quite nice (even if you usually don't take this as a main point for choosing). I couldn't complain about the noise (was quiet and didn't need air conditioning). Bathroom is quite large, with shower (no bath), good hot water (even too hot at minimum settings, but I didn't get burned). Mattress was a little bit too hard for me (seems to become the Novotel standard now). Free Wifi worked adequately, TV has quite some international channels. I did not try the restaurant nor breakfast buffet (20 € !).

Worth the price I paid, and should I need an overnight during a Brussels transit, I would certainly return.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
6 Thank voyageur_Londres

middleton,nova scotia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 10, 2012

We did'nt actually take a trip to Diagem.It was an overnight connection from Malaga to Toronto.I have to say that we had a very nice room with queen bed.Had a nice buffet supper in the restaurant of the hotel.Continental breakfast buffet was included in the price of the room.They also offer complementary shuttle service to and from the airport.the staff on the desk and the very lovely lady that I think was the day manager made our short stay very enjoyable.I would gladly stay there again if we were having another stopover in Brussels.The only negative in the trip going to and coming from Brussels was that the airline was about the most uncomfortable as far as the seating was concerned.We felt like the proverbial sardine in a can.We are getting used to cramped seating but this was the worst.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
6 Thank fieldmouse6

Russia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 27, 2012

In general, I did not completely satisfied with my stay in Novotel Brussels airport.

But first about advantages
(1+) Great advantage - free tea facilities in the room
(2+) Swimming pool outside - but it is only for hot summer, because it is not warm.
(3+) Small fitnes center
(4+) Some kind of turkish steam souna - hamam (in reality it is for funs - I visited it only once, because I like finnish dry souna).
(5+) Free shuttle bus to airport
(6+) Good sound proofing. Although hotel located just near airport, I slept well and did not hear any noise from aircrafts.
(7+) Quite fast internet WiFi.

These are 3 points for disadvantages.

(1-) Breakfast and restaurant. You can buy breakfast for additional money - I remember 20 euros - but in my opinion it does not worth this. As far as I was in business trip, breakfast for me was included, but I didn't like it. Certainly, it was general buffet breakfast with general food and you are able to be full after it. But I expected for such money to have at least some food typical for Belgium - for example fish. Some food was not eatable - for example white sausages. And every day it was the same menu for breakfast.
(I didn't like hotel restaurant in the evening too - may be it was better to find something in Zaventem)

(2-) Location regarding Brussels
In my opinion, this hotel is good for
- people who have to spend one night before early flight from Brussels airport (hotel has free shuttle bus which departues every 20- 30 minutes to airport - depending on day of week - I am not sure about nighttime)
- people who come to business trip to one of companies which offices are located in so-called Corporate village near airport.
Fortunately, I belonged to second group, so it was quite good for me.

For people who want to visit Brussel, this hotel has not good location. I found 2 ways to go to Brussels:
2.1. By free hotel shuttle to airport and then by train to Brussels Central railway station. However, it is expencive - ticket from/to airport costs additional 5 euros (ordinary ticket from station Zaventem which is the closest to Novotel, costs 2.70 euros - so you must spend about 8 euros). I did this 2 times. Trains departure from airport 2-4 times per hour - depending on day time.
2.2. Walk to station Zaventem - it takes 20-30 minutes. But Zaventem is a small station, and trains stops in it one time per hour. In addition, Most of time ticket office was closed, and the only ticket vending machine was out of order, so I had to buy ticket in train - usually it costs additional money, but I told train inspector that there is no possibility to buy ticket in Zaventem and paid only 2.70 for one way.

(3-) In common - hotel is not modern, some equipment was brocken - in my room it was electrical socket.

(4-) Cleanless - I noticed pieces of dust behind table.

Room Tip: Ask for room with windows to internal garden with swimming pool. Also - far from lift.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
6 Thank CopperTeaPot

Palo Alto, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 25, 2012

The hotel is very close to the airport. The shuttle is quite helpful but it runs only every 30 minutes from BRU so if you just miss it, there’s a bit of waiting around. That can be frustrating after a day or two of flights. My main gripe might seem nit-picky to some people: I canceled a reservation at a cheaper and like-rated BRU hotel because the Novotel‘s website states that the rooms have a TV with pay movies. That’s simply not true. There is a TV, but no movies of any kind. There are a couple channels in English but they are primarily news channels. This stay was the final night of a three and a half week trip and I was exhausted, so the movies really would have come in handy and would have helped me stay awake longer so I didn’t wake up too early. Again, I realize that many people may not consider this a factor when searching for a room, but for this trip on this particular night, it was what I wanted. And it was what the hotel promised. I did call the front desk and the woman there said the hotel does not have pay movies; the clerk didn't seem to care one whit about what the website promised. Other things about the room: very clean bathroom; WC is separate from bath and shower and shower and tub are not combined; dark room; bad, slow wi-fi (forget movies on a laptop or smart phone); thin, uncomfortable mattress; bedside electrical outlets allow for charging of phone while using the device’s alarm; no minibar in the room, but they did have snacks available near the front desk; heard no noise from the airport.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
6 Thank gallivant3r

Targu-Mures, Romania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 23, 2012

We stayed here 3 nights, the rooms are clean, breakfast very delicious,the staff was very friendly and very helpful with all our questions , so I would definitely recommend this hotel. Brussels is a great town with a lot of places to visit. David, Andrea and Mircea

Room Tip: the upstairs-rooms are good
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
5 Thank Andrea P
Dear Sir, Dear Madam,

Also consider these accommodations in or near Diegem
Sheraton Brussels Airport Hotel
Crowne Plaza Hotel Brussels Airport
Ibis Brussels Airport
Ibis Brussels Airport
#8 of 12 in Diegem

Been to Novotel Brussels Airport? Share your experiences!