We booked into this hotel for 3 nights. We found it to be excellent. The tariff board says 140 Euros a night but prebooking got us a double room for 3 nights for around 85 Euros a night. This does not include breakfast which is around £8.50 each.
The restaurant is excellent in the earlier part of the evening. The buffet at 22 Euros is really good. It constantly changes throughout the evening but choices are best earlier in general. Although it says it is open until 12 at night , our experience was that it is closing down at 10pm.
Just to elaborate.Over the 3 nights we had meat and salad starters with vine leaves, soup and others things. Steak, fish, spare ribs, chicken , roast beef, pork and other mains. Fruit and cakes finish it off. There are many varieties of vegetables, potatoes and rice etc. You can eat as much as you like and as many things as you like because it is self service.
The bar menu on the other hand is a bit steep and quite limited but they serve longer hours. I imagine previous reports referred to this menu.
Beer ( of the famous Belgian kind) is 5 Euros for 500ml so it gives an idea of the costs if, like many Brits, one of your references of value is the price of a pint!
Rooms are clean and very comfortable. The windows are double, double glazed and we had no airport noise. Air conditioning in all rooms but a bit noisy.
I would highly recommend this for a night stopover or for 2-3 nights as we did. The airport shuttle is great if you need it for flying it but is also good to get you to the airport station and thence to Brussels.
We didnt use the sauna etc so cant comment.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Novotel Brussels Airport hotel is located 30 min by train from the centre of Brussels. This 3 star hotel is the ideal base for a business trip to the Belgian capital or to the Heysel Exhibition Park. Connected by a free 24 hr shuttle to Brussels Airport, the hotel features 209 modern and comfortable rooms, plus 9 modular meeting rooms and a fitness centre. The bar and restaurant, open until midnight, boast views of the garden. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Accorhotels.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Orbitz, Agoda, Travelocity, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, TripOnline SA and getaroom.com so you can book your Novotel Brussels Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Novotel Brussels Airport Hotel Diegem
- Novotel Hotel Brussels Airport
- Novotel Diegem
- Novotel Hotel Diegem
- Diegem Novotel