“NO NO NO”

Ibis Brussels Airport
Ranked #8 of 12 Hotels in Diegem

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
  • Czech first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed August 4, 2013

Middle of nowhere, everything else booked in the city. Was only there for one night. Should have reserved something in the city at an earlier date. Probably an ok stay if you are in transit but not if you plan on visiting the city. Very small rooms with green and white (hospital like) colors. The hotel is very basic, staff friendly and managed to get a good rest.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
NilsPicqueur, DEPUTY MANAGER at Ibis Brussels Airport, responded to this review, October 2, 2013
Dear 123kid,

First of all I would like to thank you for your review, I will share the positive comments with the rest of the teams.

The ibis Hotel Brussels Airport is located near the airport of Brussels National Zaventem BRU, next to the Square (GASTRO Congress)

Luxembourg City, Luxembourg
Reviewed July 31, 2013

I arrived at the airport at 11:06 PM, and discovered that the free shuttle had stopped. Had to take a cab that cost EUR 18.50.

WiFi is SLOW, but FREE.

Good enough for a night's stay while in transit. The room is indeed small, but "ok" for someone just seeking a bed and a hot bath before the next morning flight.

I would stay here again, while transiting through BRU.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
NilsPicqueur, Deputy Manager at Ibis Brussels Airport, responded to this review, August 23, 2013
Dear mister probaldg

Thank you very much for your review on TripAdvisor.

I would like to inform you that the time table of our Free Shuttle service is mentioned on our website www.ibis.com (week from 6:00am to 10:00am and 5:00pm to 10:00pm & week-end from 6:30am to 10:00am and 4:00pm to 09:00pm). Also we have a partnership with a local company and a fixed price. Don't hesitate to contact our reception desk to reservate your cab.

Chicago
Reviewed July 18, 2013

Great location for convenience to the airport but don't expect any options for dining outside the hotel or in the immediate area as it is really NOWHERE in an amorphous office park. As "the only game in town" the breakfast buffet is nothing short of average for 14 Euros which in any other European hotel is 5-10 Euros. We were appalled that the hotel charged 9 Euros for parking overnight which was not disclosed during the booking process. Of course this is not a problem if you don't drive there but how else can you get there? No other option for parking is provided.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Roamingbears
Dear family Roamingbears,

I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to give us your feedback.

The ibis Hotel Brussels Airport is located near the airport of Brussels National Zaventem Brussels, next to the Square (GASTRO Congress) and we have 200 private car spaces like mentioned on our website www.ibis.com.

May I politely inform you that the Ibis Belgium hotels use one price for the breakfast whitch is 14 euro.

Thank you very much and I hope to see you again soon.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 14, 2013

I stayed there because I was in the process of moving from Brussels to London, I lived close to the area, and needed a place to sleep for 3 nights, while packing my house. It is a pure Ibis standard hotel, in the sense of

- room: small, but clean and comfortable, as long as with no much baggage.
- free wi-fi, what is positive aspect
- average breakfast. Similiar to other Ibis in Europe. Limited options, and quality quite poor. Don´t even try the scrumbled eggs....are just a dry mass of egg without any taste.
- Great location if flying: no more than 10 minutes drive to the airport.
- Enough parking space outside the hotel
- This days, it was very hot in Brussels, and the A/C was working very well
- Restaurant: did not try it, because prices were crazy....and I had not very high expectations in terms of quality....... EUR 17 for a Burger seemed to me very expensive, and if in line with the rest of the hotel, that money for an "Ibis Burger", was a no-go for me. The problem is that there is really nothing around or nearby the hotel as alternative lunch/dining options. If with a car, don´t hesitate one single second to drive to Tervuren (15 mins), Sterrebek (10 mins) or any other near area to have a decent meal at a normal price.

Last, what was a very positive surprise was that all the staff was really very friendly and helpful.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Dear mister Alvaro E,

May I offer sincere thanks for your kind and positiv comments about your stay at Ibis Airport.

Our pricing in our restaurant is comparable to similar properties in the area and we feel we provide good value. I regret that this was not your impression and I offer my apologies.

Many thanks

Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Reviewed July 5, 2013

The hotel room was clean, comfortable and well maintained - The building is modern and looked attractive - Staff was helpful and cooperative - Enough parking space available for cars - Near the airport and highway

Rooms were too small for a family with children - The extra-bed mattress was not very comfortable to sleep on - The food available in the restaurant, was completely different than what was being advertised in room menu or lifts

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
NilsPicqueur, DEPUTY MANAGER at Ibis Brussels Airport, responded to this review, August 23, 2013
Dear Mss chandraruchi,

Thank you for your positive feedback on our hotel propriety and helpfull colleagues. I will pass on your praise personally to our staff.

May I politely inform you that actions are taken already concerning the menu information. The beds are been changed completely in July 2012.

Warm regards

Montreal, Canada
Reviewed June 27, 2013

The Ibis is very close to Brussels airport and offers shuttle service to and from the airport which was the main reason of my choice. I find it pricy for a small room, but the service and rooms are clean, safe and noise proof, beds are comfortable and have new linens and there is free WIFI in all rooms.
What I really missed was an in-room coffee maker when I got up at 5am to catch my early flight.
My suggestion would be to book early for a more moderately priced hotel close to the airport, or if price is not an issue there are better choices near by.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Bertrand M, DEPUTY MANAGER at Ibis Brussels Airport, responded to this review, August 23, 2013
Dear sir Clou123456

May I begin by thanking you for your review on TripAdvisor.
It is an national decision by the Ibis Brand to not offering coffee and tea facilities into the rooms but behalf of that we offer 24/24 hot and cold drinks and even a snackmenu that you can take up to you room.
Concerning the modernisation of the hotel I can tell you that we will start the renovations of the completely groundfloor in September 2013.

I would like to end by saying that it was a pleasure to serve you at Ibis Airport and we hope to see you again soon where you can witness the renovations that will be finished begin October 2013.