“A pleasant stay”

Holiday Inn Brussels Airport
Ranked #5 of 12 Hotels in Diegem
Reviewed August 9, 2014

Was here for a business visit and have to say that the my overall experience was fairly positive. The room was decent and a/c worked well. Staff was very helpful and the premise was extremely clean. The only downside was the breakfast, which was was the same for 3 days with a very (x 3) limited spread.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled on business
Mathieu V, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Brussels Airport, responded to this reviewResponded August 12, 2014

Dear J33TU,

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us.

Good to hear you appreciated our hotel and services.

We would also like to apologize for the lack of service at our breakfast area during your stay. We will investigate this case and take immediate access to provide a perfect breakfast buffet on a daily base.

The Holiday Inn Brussels Airport Team

Reviewed August 8, 2014

Our airlines put us up at this hotel for two nights due to our flight being canceled. At first I had reservations about staying at a Holiday Inn, but this hotel changed my below standard expectations. It was a newly remodeled lobby with spacious rooms. The sleep quality and housekeeping was good. We did use the pool and hot tub with our one year old. The pool was pretty cold and the hot tub was not hot, but luke warm. However, it was clean and the towels and chairs were comfortable.
Unfortunately, the shuttle bus left us completely disturbed on our way back to the airport. We boarded the shuttle for the 10 minute drive to the airport and the shuttle driver had a movie playing. The movie was in English with foreign subtitles. It was so incredibly offensive with adult content, violence, and language! Upon exiting the shuttle I said something to the shuttle driver about how offensive this movie was. He became defensive and argumentative. Everything about the situation was so unprofessional and we left was such a poor impression.
If you need a clean, close, comfortable hotel near the airport this is a good option, maybe just take public transportation instead of the provided shuttle. Hopefully the management will discuss this with the shuttle driver and set some standards for what movies are appropriate to play to guests. I would have given the hotel 4 stars and the shuttle 1 star if I was able to rate separately.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Travelers804

Dear Travelers804,

First of all I would like to thank you for your feedback concerning your stay at Holiday Inn Brussels Airport. We appreciate the fact that you shared your comments with us.
Great to read that you enjoyed our facilities and services.

I would also want to sincerely apologize for the inconvenience caused during the transfer to the airport. The hotel management took this feedback very serious and immediate actions have been made to make sure such incidents do not happen again in the future.

We are looking forward to welcome you again soon!

The Holiday Inn Brussels Airport Team

Reviewed August 6, 2014

I stayed at this Holiday Inn for a change during one of my frequent business trips to Zaventem. Though it is not as well connected to the Airport as, say, the Novotel and the Crown, what it does have is a great fitness and pool facility that I highly appreciated and used to relax after a day of work and travel. Nice.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business

Dear vitt71,

Thank you for sharing you feedback with us! We are happy to read you enjoyed our facilities and renovated hotel.

We hope to welcome you again soon.

Kind Regards

Reviewed August 5, 2014

Stayed here at the "holiday inn" on a weekend break to Masstricht , very comfortable rooms modern , clean , and bed was cosy and slept very well, staff were very welcoming, food good although quite expencive for evening meal was enjoyed, we would certainly stay again without hesitation.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
Mathieu V, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Brussels Airport, responded to this reviewResponded August 6, 2014

Dear Chris I,

Thank you very much for sharing you feedback with us. We are happy to hear you liked our hotel and facilities and hope you had a nice stay in Maastricht.

We are looking forward to welcome you again in the future.

Reviewed August 5, 2014

I have stayed here a few times now while on business in the area. My stay this week will probably be the last as i will try to explain...

Front entrance is spacious and quite impressive. The reception staff are variable depending on who you get and what time of day it is. For this particular stay a young lady called joanne was very helpful and a pleasure to deal with. Other staff should learn from this girl.

The rooms are a reasonable size with flat screen TV, work desk, free wifi and the usual bedroom amenities. What is difficult to understand is the difference between a standard room and a superior room. My last stay was in standard, this stay was in superior... the rooms were identical!!!!

The pool and gm are a good size but certainly not health club standards. The gym is equipped with enough equipment to have a decent workout. The pool and sauna area is again a good size but looking a little tired now and in need of a facelift. There were some dubious looking stains in the jacuzzi and old towels lying around in the sauna area. The area to the back of the pool near the windows is tatty, looking out onto an unkempt lawn area.

As i usually have to work into the evening i usually take room service so i can eat and work. The room service staff are ALWAYS unhelpful and in some circumstances quite rude. Despite the IHG website stating 24hr room service it is not. The in room menu which can be found on the TV is limited and also states available from 09:00 to 22:30. I suggest going back to a good old fashioned paper menu in the room as genrally the kitchen will prepare anything on the bar menu. This is in stark contrast to the "digital" menu on the TV. Today I was hungry having eaten very little after a 04:00 start, so i spent 10 mins trying to get through, only to be told the kitchen would not open until 18:00 before having the phone put down on me! If you advertise 24hr room service you need to provide it!!! you also need to retrain your staff AGAIN in how to treat your customers!!!!

As there are limited eating options in the immediate vicinity one must put up with these issues...

I am quite loyal to the IHG chain (platinum member) but as there are hotels in the area which offer a similar or even higher standard for less cost i am unlikely to stay here again for the forseeable future.

My tip would be to stick to the IHG owned and run hotels. The franchised/managed sites don't seem to live up to the same level of service.

Room Tip: Higher floors away from the lifts.
  • Stayed: August 2014, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Brussels Airport, responded to this reviewResponded August 21, 2014

Dear badooo,

Thank you for leaving a comprehensive review, highlighting not only the bad but also the good points of your stay. We are hospitality professionals who work diligently to ensure our facilities are well maintained and we strive to deliver world class experience. It is certainly not our intent to inconvenience our valued customers, but to instead provide good value, comfortable, clean and friendly accommodations. Your feedback is of great importance to us and allows us to monitor and improve our service continually.

We know you have many choices when it comes to lodging and we hope your future travel plans will continue to include IHG.

Connie D
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed August 2, 2014

I've stayed in this hotel before, it has been refurbished since my last visit. The rooms were a lot nicer. Its a business hotel that makes lots and lots of money from corporate clients visiting the area. Its a €14 taxi ride from the nearby airport but I would recommend you get the free courtesy bus on the ground level of the arrivals terminal. Its a modern day tragedy that the holiday inn don't advertise this with some signs in the airport, because the taxi driver lost the plot when I said holiday Inn Diegem. I haven't a word of Flemish or double Dutch, but I could certainly understand the taxi drivers frustration. Apparently they can be an hour in the queue before they get a fare.

There is nothing in the vicinity around the hotel, and the hotel bar is very basic. The bar staff are the worst I have ever come across anywhere. One guy wouldn't allow me to order a bottle of Hoegaarden because he said they have the same drink on draught, I insisted that I wanted a small bottle 33ml and he insisted on pouring a pint when I refused it he more or less threw the bottle at me and I had to get my own glass. Unbelievable service from a business hotel that's knocking out €6 pots of beer.

Room Tip: If your corporate then ask for the corporate floor, you get a free bottle of water wifi.
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled on business
Mathieu V, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Brussels Airport, responded to this reviewResponded August 4, 2014

Dear SunnyHarry,

First of all we would like to thank you for your feedback. We appreciate our guests' feedback to make sure all our guests enjoy our hotel and have a enjoyable stay at Holiday Inn Brussels Airport.

We do indeed offer our shuttle transfer from the airport to the hotel and back. Unfortunately we are not able to provide personalized signage in the airport as they have general transportation signs with the bus logo.

We will investigate the inconvenience you experienced at our bar and necessary measures will be made by the management.

Our team is looking forward to welcome you again in the future.

Reviewed August 1, 2014 via mobile

Booked this for one night for a work trip, wasn't expecting much as airport hotels are a little bit worn down.

The reception area is nice and new, but the majority of the hotel is under renovation at the moment. No bar available as was being redone so not many places to sit and relax.

Corridors are worn and old. The room was ok and big. Seemed clean enough but dated bathroom and hair dryer from the 80s!

Reception staff were ok but didn't seem to care much. Had no idea where breakfast was or when as was not informed.

Breakfast was awful. I didn't get there late but there's wasn't really any food left and the staff were cleaning up and not attentive.

Booked through a travel rep who pre payed breakfast, they faxed the hotel to tell them but the hotel made me pay and had no record of request!!

I won't stay here again as there are lots of other hotels in the area and I am sure they are better... Or at least friendly!

Stayed: August 2014

Dear Braveheart112,

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us. Our hotel management appreciates this feedback to make sure all our guests enjoy our hotel facilities.

Unfortunately we were obliged to have some necessary maintenance works in our lobby and other hotel areas. We always try to make sure the consequences for our guests are as low as possible.

Hereby we would like to apologize for all inconveniences caused.