“Nice cuisine”

Ranked #5 of 12 Hotels in Diegem
Chennai (Madras), India
“Nice cuisine”
Reviewed February 19, 2014

I had a chance to stay at this hotel on account of a missed flight and was surprised by the hospitality and also the variety provided in the cuisine. The hotel has ample car parking and well connected with Airport Shuttles to brussles international airport and also has a pool, billiards games and other activities. All the rooms are provided with a Wifi and the room is very comfortable. The rooms are provided with coffee and tea maker with ample tea/coffee pouches. Room has a very nice ambience, excellent soft lighting and also a nice table for doing work on a business trip.

A hotel worth staying.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Mrsskoj, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Brussels Airport, responded to this review, March 10, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your feedback!!!!

We are pleased to hear that our facilities and location have met your expectations. Feel free to contact me should you need assistance planning your next trip to Brussels!!!

Regards,

Carmen Santana
Guest Service Manager
carmen.santana@hibrusselsairport.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (141)
  • Czech first
  • Finnish first
  • Polish first
Bristol, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 17, 2014

The room was good, heating that actually works (a miracle in Holiday Inns) was a very nice room. Internet connection was fine.

Problem is the ridiculously bad service in the hotel restaurant.

- Had to ask 4 times to be served, despite the fact that they were not taking ANY orders from anyone else as they had all been served.
- Finally was able to order from the pitiful vegetarian selection.
- Had to ask where my food was twice.
- Eventually was served as the restaurant was closing and I had been there almost an hour.
- They brought a beef burger and chips to me. I ordered vegetarian pizza.

Needless to say, I was not a happy person.

I also needed a taxi. I trust hotels to call on reputable taxi services for their guests, and whilst the service provided is outside the hotel's control, I believe that they do have a responsibility to the guests who rely on their local expertise. The taxi driver drove like a lunatic (racing along the hard shoulder of the motorways) and double charged us at 117 Euros instead of the usual 55-60 Euros.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Brussels Airport, responded to this review, March 4, 2014
Dear Ryoma C,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of our property. We are so pleased you liked the room accommodations you had. Please allow us to apologize for the experience you had in our hotel restaurant and the taxi service fell below your expectations. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas and take the necessary actions to ensure similar situations can be avoided in the future. Thank you for staying and we hope you give us another chance to make your stay as best as it can be.

Anthony M
Case Manager
IHGCare

Travelers are raving about these Diegem hotels

UK
Reviewed February 16, 2014

I stayed here for business purpose. It is close to airport but not close to any shops or restaurants. The hotel is good but the service needs to be improved.

I stayed here for 3 nights. by 3 morning I had used all my towels . I thought they would replace with new towels. But they have taken all my towels and they did not keep new towel. on 4th morning when I called house keeping/ Reception there was no response. I had to go reception , the receptionist behaved as if he doing some favor to me.

Breakfast is good .The restaurant does not offer many choices and it is expensive. Shuttle service is excellent but do not forget to book it previous night it self.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Boelen, Directeur général at Holiday Inn Brussels Airport, responded to this review, February 17, 2014
Dear Guest

Thank you for writing a review on our hotel. It was good to read that you like our hotel. I am sorry that not everything measured up to your expectations and apologize for the level of staff service. Your comments have been taken on board and referred to the appropriate department for necessary improvements.

We hope that you will give us another opportunity to serve you should your travels bring you back our way.

UK
Reviewed February 15, 2014

Very clean hotel and rooms. Nice working space in rooms if you need to get some work done and a fantastic coffee machine, could just do with a few more coffee pods. Bar area okay and restaurant was good. Evening food tasty and wine was good also. Strange ping pong table in reception as only about about 2 foot round??
Handy free shuttle bus from airport.

Overall a very pleasant stay.

Dear Guest

We are really pleased to hear that we have met your expectations and that you have enjoyed your stay in our Hotel.

Be sure to stay in touch and contact me should you need any assistance in your next trip to Brussels.

Ljubljana, Slovenia
Reviewed February 14, 2014

I stay in Diegem Area rather that commuting to the city centre. Save me an hour in the evening and in the morning. Hotel is well located, with good facilities, free WiFi and clean and spacious rooms.
The food in the restaurant I find quite expensive and I rather go to the village for dinner. It is only 10-15 minutes walk from the hotel.
The prices varry a lot, so sometimes it is much chepaer to stay in nearby Golden Tulip.
Anyway, I recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: All rooms are quiet, especailly on the higher floors (5-7)

NY City
Reviewed February 3, 2014

The hotel has been updated and my room had a clean, modern look.

The check in clerk provided the wrong departure times for the airport shuttle bus. Make sure you double check the departure times.

In hindsight, it would have been easier to stay at a hotel in Brussels and take the 15-20 minute train ride directly to the airport.

Be advised the hotel adds on a 6 Euro/night tax which is not included in the rate you are given when you book the room. Another hotel I stayed at in Brussels did include in tax in the quoted rate.

Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Brussels Airport, responded to this review, February 18, 2014
Dear zoo260,

Thank you for your review regarding your recent stay at Holiday Inn Brussels Airport. We appreciate your nice comment regarding our rooms.

However, It is regrettable you were not satisfied with the service you received. We will address this point. I assure you the feedback of our hotel will be reviewed and most certainly forwarded to the appropriate departments. We take the confidence our guests place in us very seriously and work diligently to rectify any unsatisfactory experiences. Thank you again for your comments.

Orlando A.
Case Manager
IHGCare
Kent
Reviewed January 26, 2014 via mobile

I spent a night in this holiday inn hotel whilst attending a meeting in Diegem Brussels. Overall it is smart and comfortable as you would expect for this type of large business/airport hotel. Rooms are smartly decorated with television, coffee making facilities, safe and wifi. The meeting facilities are reasonable with food serving area adjacent to the meeting room. There is a snack restaurant/bar plus a separate ala-carte restaurant. The hotel has a shuttle bus to the airport.

Stayed January 2014, traveled on business