Carbon Hotel - Different Hotels
$82
$114
$111
  • Restaurant
Hotel ECU - Different Hotels(Genk)(Great Value!)
$70
$68
$73
$77
$75
TripAdvisor
TripAdvisor
  • Bar/Lounge
All reviewsdesign hotelrain showercar parkbathroom areagusto restaurantnice bathroommood lightingbusiness triphalf open bathroomstayed here for one nightvery nice staycouple of yearsi'd recommendfifth floorfree upgraderail stationbeautiful room
Reviewed September 22, 2012

I attented a networking seminar earlier this week.
Easy accesible, plenty of parking space under hotel, lounge style hotel, good meeting facilities and inviting wine bar to meet clients before and after seminar.
Good wine choice.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
Different H, Guest Relations Manager at Carbon Hotel - Different Hotels, responded to this reviewResponded September 25, 2012

Thank you for your recent review of the Carbon Hotel Genk.

Delighted to read that you had an enjoyable seminar. Thank you for the feedback in relation to the car park, wine and accommodation.

We look forward in welcoming you back on your next visit to Genk.
We would be happy to assist you with any future bookings.

With Different regards

Reviewed September 1, 2012

i ve stayed 2 at the carbon hotel. The first time we booked a gastronomic spa package and everything was very good: good restaurant, even if some of our group thought the portions of the menu degustation were too small. I was particularly enthousiastic about the spa: staff is superfriendly and the facilities are great. Rooms are beautiful and quiet, breakfast is perfect. The second time we booked a room we went there to eat at la botte, so we didn t book a package deal, but a room at the price of 100€(price mentioned on the phone). We, again, stayed half a day at the spa and spa + room is a package deal at carbon. I was quite dissappointed when we were presented the bill: not only did we have to pay full price for all the services instead of offering us the package rate, but the room was also more expensive. Carbon is a good hotel to stay at, i would recommend eating at la botte and not at the hotel restaurant and to book your package deal online so that you can benefit from their excellent price quality relation.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
Different H, Guest Relations Manager at Carbon Hotel - Different Hotels, responded to this reviewResponded September 5, 2012

Thank you for placing a review on Trip Advisor following your stay. We were pleased to read you had a nice stay in our hotel, enjoyed our wellness facilities and appreciated your dinner in La Botte.

We are sorry to hear about the issues with your payment. We will try to prevent this from happening in the future.

With Different regards
The Different-team

Reviewed August 20, 2012

Stayed at the Carbon Hotel overnight as I was having diner at La Botte. And I knew there was a lot of wine involved and didn't want to drive home. Booked a wellness package as I wanted to check out the facilities at the hotel. The downside about the wellness is that it is open to the general public too, which results in a pretty crowded wellness during the afternoon. I wouldn't open it to public not staying at the hotel but that's a choice the managment makes of course.It did result in a lack of towels and made it crowded and not that relaxing at all. Other downside is that you can only use them for 3 hours. Normal for general public but as a guest it would be nice to just have a day access. The timelimit makes no sense to me honestly. An hotelguest should have a bit of privilege no? But apart from that facilities are fine. On to the room. Well rooms are large with high ceiling. Furniture is modern but it starting to wear out which you see a lot at design hotels. When taking a closer at the details I do have to point out that hygiene and cleaning could be a lot better. Dust clothes start to build up behind the wall and on the decorative lighting everywhere. Also the wallpaper was starting to show the marks of past guests banging stuff against the wall. Some more details when you look closely but not worth mentioning here. The bathroom is pretty spacious and clean. No remarks there. Wifi was fine no problems there. The BOSE-speakers were a pleasant extra.
Conclusion, nice wellness but too crowded and strange timelimitation for hotelguests. Good looking rooms but starting to show the toll of heavy usage. If this keeps on going at this pace refurbishment is very needed soon. Price/Value is ok.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
Different H, Guest Relations Manager at Carbon Hotel - Different Hotels, responded to this reviewResponded August 25, 2012

Thank you for posting your comment on TripAdvisor. We appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback regarding your recent stay with us earlier this month. Your remarks are very valuable to us and we will work on them as we try to improve the experience for our guests on a daily basis.

We do look forward to welcoming you again soon.
With Different regards.

Reviewed June 25, 2012

Very fine hotel - Genk City is not very interesting but this hotel is excellent. The winebar is very nice and the restaurant is always fully booked so you should reserver in time.

The rooms are nice with big beds and nice bathroom, including iphone docking station

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Martine F
Management response:Responded June 26, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts about your stay in our hotel. It's nice to hear you enjoyed your stay in our hotel. With different regards.

Reviewed May 30, 2012

The hotel was recommended for me, for convenience, for a one night stay during a business trip to Genk. The hotel because was located centrally and it also had an underground car park (Chargeable!). The hotel was easy to find (with satnav!) and the car park was a decent size and felt secure.

It is also directly opposite the train station, which is ideal for rail travellers, and it is walking distance to some good bars & restaurants.

I arrived at around 5.30p.m. and found that check-in was easy and the staff were very friendly. They advised me what the hotel offered and even gave me a set of instructions on how to work the lights!

I was located on the 2nd floor, which was accessible using the lift, which was quick enough, although it was quite small. I shared my lift with 3 other people all carrying one small bag and I would consider it quite cramped! That said, it was adequate and clean!

The room was easy to find, as all the rooms were located along one side of the corridor. I would say that the corridor was quite bare, with bare concrete (painted) walls and a hard vynil black floor covering. I exected this to therefore be quite noisy, but to be honest this was not the case!

The room itself was very clean, with very modern fixtures and a decent size. There was a very nice view to the rear, overlooking a small water feature with a seating area beside it.

The room was well lit, with "mood lighting", but the layout of the room was something that was not totally prepared for as it had a sink just inside the door, and a full sized bath right behind the bed! The "bathroom" consisted of a toilet & a shower. There was a decent sized flat screen tv mounted on a stand right at the foot of the bed with good picture quality.

There were sufficient towels, bathrobes and complimentary slippers as well as some nice complimentary toiletries.

The shower was excellent. It had a very large shower head, as well as a seperate hand held shower attachment on a flexible hose. The whole set up was easy to operate and there was plenty of hot water with good water pressure too!

The bed was very comfortable and the hotel was, in my opinion, very quiet. I had a very good, undisturbed night's sleep!

Breakfast was very good, with all of the typical continental choices availlable, and the breakfast staff were also very friendly.

Unfortunately check-out was not so good as check-in. I checked out at 08.30 as did a lot of other people, but there were only 2 reception staff on duty. Actually, I don't think that they had more than 2 desks, so more staff would not have made a difference. Although the staff did their best, it was slow and a large queue built up whilst I was there.

One last positive though. After I'd checked in I asked reception where I could purchase some toothpaste from and they kindly provided me with a small travel toothbrush & tothpaste free of charge!

Would I recommend this hotel? Yes.

Room Tip: I travelled in a party of 4, between the 2nd & 4th floor and all had a good night's sleep!
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Pops_Mccrill
Different H, Guest Relations Manager at Carbon Hotel - Different Hotels, responded to this reviewResponded June 5, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts about your stay in our hotel. We sincerely appreciate your opinion.

With different regards.