“Second time round - it appears you can improve on perfection!”
Review of Chalet Panorama

Chalet Panorama
Reviewed February 22, 2014

As our title shows, this was our second visit to Chalet Panorama. We had such a fantastic time last year that we joined our friends on this years visit. We didn't think it was possible however we had an even better time this year. It happened to be my birthday whilst there and the fuss I received from Emily, Rob, Cameron, Annie and the most amazing chef and birthday cake maker Thierry was so lovely. We can't recommend enough!

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank Angela G

Reviewed February 20, 2014

This was our first chalet experience and Chalet Panorama was recommended to us. On arrival we were greeted by Annie, Emily, Cameron, Rob and Thierry all enthusiastic and welcoming. After dropping our luggage in our rooms which were clean and spacious, we were introduced to the other guests...... a group of 12 of the most delightful people you could possibly meet!
The staff were all attentive and if there was anything you needed (like needle and cotton thanks Emily the jeans held together!), they were only to happy to help.
Thierry your food was outstanding and you adapted your menu for any food allergies with ease thank you.
We had a fantastic time and made some wonderful new friends and look forward to returning next year.
A 5* chalet with 5* staff well done!

Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed February 12, 2014

This is my 3rd visit to a Chalet Panorama and I am never disappointed! The facilities, staff, food and atmosphere are amazing..... So much so we are already talking about booking again next year!
I would highly recommend!

Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank S B
Reviewed February 10, 2014

This is the 4th time I have returned to the Chalet and it was the best holiday I have had there yet.

We take new people with us every year and they are always blow away by the sheer quality of the chalet when they arrive.

The Chalet is stunning and very homely, it is 5* and is designed perfectly for the amount of guests it takes.

The chef Thierry is incredible, his food is out of this world and his company....that's even better. Part of the reason we love going back every year is because of 'chef'.

The staff this year were fab. Thank you Rob, Emily, Annie and Cameron, they were so efficient that you didn't know they were working around you. They all get on very well together and have great personalities which made the week even more fun.

For most of the staff it was their first season and that is even more impressive as they did such a good job. Select Ski Chalets chose well and have recruited staff with strong customer service values along with fun personalities - perfect!

If you go to the Chalet with a group make sure you take the sledges they have out one evening (chef will take you) as we had the best night of laughs that night.

On Tuesday they have the Ski show at night which is fun and on Thursday is Karaoke night in the bars.

Make sure you have the open fire on whilst you are here as it is really special to sit by the chalets bar with the fire roaring.

Thank you again to you all, we had a fab week and were gutted to leave.

Thierry, Rob, Emily, Annie and Cameron, thank you for the memories.

Emma E

Room Tip: All rooms are great but it is worth paying the small extra amount for a premium room as they are big...
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed December 27, 2013

Loved it, loved, it loved it!!!! Chalet Panorama is my idea of absolute bliss: the setting, the hosts, the food and the ambience were just perfect, I couldn't have asked for more. From the moment we all arrived we were welcomed with open arms and made to feel so at home that I really didn't want to leave at the end of the week, it truly was just home from home. All our hosts through from Steve, the Manager to Rob, Cam, Annie, Emily and Roxy, were an absolute pleasure to meet and share our week with. Nothing was too much effort for them. And not forgetting Thierry, our chef; what a treat he served us up each evening! The food was faultless: beautifully presented and tantalising to the taste buds. A master of culinary delights most certainly! I was truly sorry to leave at the end of our stay and felt we were leaving 'friends' rather than chalet hosts which is a true testament to the wonderful atmosphere the Team have created there, even so early in the season - it can only get better. I will be back!!

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Jeg289
Reviewed December 23, 2013

I have just returned from a week staying in the Panorama Chalet and if I could give more than 5* then I would. Everything about our stay was totally perfect and I will definitely be coming back to stay again. All the staff were fabulous and couldn't do enough for us. Steve is an amazing manager and Rob, his new understudy, is going to be just as great. Such friendly, fun and generous gentlemen. Cam, who looked after us a lot during our stay, was the nicest person you could ever wish to meet and for such a young man, a true credit to the youth of today. The ladies, Annie, Emily and Roxy were all beautiful, smiling and so friendly and helpful. Truly lovely ladies. Finally on the staff front was Tieri, who is the most fantastic chef. He served amazing food nightly and we've eaten at a number of Michelin starred restaurants recently and Tieri could compete with any. My husband said he ate the best duck of his life there. The chalet is just stunning and if I could live there permanently I would. I swear that the web pictures, as nice as they are, do not do this beautiful chalet justice. It has real wow factor and it was beautifully decorated for Christmas. Although very early in the season, we had great snow and the skiing was fabulous, as was our one day off to visit the Saltzberg Christmas Markets. There is nothing negative to say about this chalet or it's staff and now back home in windy rainy England, I am dreaming of my next trip to Maria Alm. Thank you to everyone involved in making our pre-Christmas stay so wonderful. X

• Stayed: December 2013
Reviewed October 23, 2013

By far the best chalet or hotel i have stayed in a for luxury accommodation and also food, both 5 star. I have been ski-ing twice a year for 17 years, good idea to hire a car so you can ski other resorts like Leogang and Zel am see which also has a glacier with guranteed snow. The town is small but very pretty and friendly. I am back in January next year, lovely staff as well. Phil and Katy Reeves Gosport, Hampshire.

Room Tip: Go for the superior room then you have both bath and shower and they are also south facing.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple