“Very good hotel, you'll enjoy it as we did”

Hotel Restaurant Traube
Ranked #1 of 2 Bildstein B&B and Inns
Rehovot, Israel
“Very good hotel, you'll enjoy it as we did”
Reviewed July 29, 2013

My wife and I stayed in this hotel one night in July 2013. When we arrived to this hotel, we were shocked at the beginning. The hotel is located right across a church and – OMG - right behind the hotel there is a small cemetery. When we went into the hotel, a very welcoming man, hotel manager (probably owner too) met us and escorted to the room. On the way to the room I thought myself, OMG, what if the room window will overlook the cemetery?! My wife will kill me then! :-( But once we entered this beautiful room, we were astonished – what a view!!! The view alone was worth every cent we paid for the night we stayed in this hotel. All the rest was a very good addition to the view. The room had a balcony with a nice tea table and two garden armchairs with stunning view of the Rhine valley from the height of a bird’s flight! What a shame, I’m not a writer. I don’t have enough words to describe it. You should have just seen it. The room was beautiful with nice white coloured furniture. On the bed we found bathrobes and sleepers prepared for us. It was comfortable, clean and nice. Bathroom was a little bit small, but it was very well equipped and clean. We slept very well on good mattress with very good bed linen and pillow. Next morning we had to leave early, so when come to the restaurant there was no anyone from the staff, except the same man, who met us when we arrived. He served us breakfast. He was friendly and made his best to make us feel comfortable and welcome. If he reads this review, I’d like to thank him for everything. The breakfast was tasty with fresh bakery, cheese, bacon, ham, scrambled eggs, orange juice and coffee and we had it in fresh Austrian morning on the restaurant’s balcony and enjoyed the same great view. In short we really enjoyed this place. We forgot about the cemetery and frankly – dead people are the most quiet people on planet Earth :-).Really, I wrote about it with humour, since I really don’t want this fact to make you not to book this great hotel. You’ll enjoy it as we did. The only “fly in the ointment” that was not good was the WIFI and the Internet, which worked only near the manager’s office. But it might be that my tablet was not sensitive enough. I don’t know.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank P B

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Pordenone, Friuli-Venezia Giulia, Italy
Reviewed April 3, 2013

We stayed in this hotel during the easter weekend. Everything was perfect, Rooms big and confortable, Restaurant pleaseant and served good food. The location up on a steep hill could be difficult for some, but the view is woth while.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Prague, Czech Republic
Reviewed July 31, 2012

Stayed here with my family for two nights.
Pros: very quiet, picturesque village, rooms are well appointed and clean, staff friendly, nice breakfast, gourmet restaurant in the hotel.
Cons: little too remote, wi-fi connection included but virtually impossible to use due to weak signal, the beds were hard.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bildstein
Four Points by Sheraton Panoramahaus Dornbirn
Hotel Schwarzler
#2 of 16 in Bregenz
Harry's Home Hotel Dornbirn
Vienna House Martinspark Dornbirn

Been to Hotel Restaurant Traube? Share your experiences!