“BEST in class”
Review of ALTA Cebu Resort

ALTA Cebu Resort
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Cordova
Reviewed August 26, 2012

I was traveling with my family - two growing kids; a call in advance to the hotel and a quick conversation with the owner Larry, was very helpful. He was honest and shared the merits and demerits...but was quick to offer handy information. The property isnt that far from the airport but not close to the beaches...alternative, a daily morning shuttle or call for a cab which is very cheap. The overall value proposition is very high given the space, cottage feel, a wide array of recreational activities all power packed with hospitable staff. I actually remember every single person by name even though its been almost a month we left Cebu.
The food can be a challenge for vegetarians like us, however Jordan, F&B - was very helpful and almost every meal including the breakfast buffet was customised for us. Truly an experience. The quality wasnt truly international (kind of fusion food) however thats why we travel across countries...do get the local favours isnt it!
There is a very nice and beautiful pool, well maintained and what comes alongside is an ergonomically placed jaccuzzi overlooking the greens and the water at the same time.
The experience at the spa was very good, the massage was almost the same price as you would find in the city...yet so convenient and tranquile, must try!
There is a tiny zoo within the premises, however I am not too sure if its a good idea...
Will certainly go back for one more trip!

Room Tip: Call in early and share your preference for 1st floor vs ground. I think 1st Floor would have been a...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family

Reviewed August 25, 2012

This is the resort with the best attention i´ve ever been to, all the staff is very nice and kind and it makes you feel really comfortable.
Everything in the resort is very clean and organized, all the place wraps you into a very relaxing atmosphere where you can have a really good time.
What i liked the most of it, is that the owner is in the place and take care of every detail, and pays attention on you personally if you need something.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed August 23, 2012

My wife and I have been in Alta Cebu recently. We picked the hotel on the basis of its proximity from the airport which is just about 20 minutes ride. Our experience from booking time until we left the hotel was very pleasant. First, booking is very easy and they accommodated us on a very short notice and even let us check in early at no extra cost. Perhaps because they are not fully booked at that time since it was off peak season. Nevertheless as I've said booking is hassle free and the front desk staff is very friendly and respectful. If I am not mistaken the lady's name at the desk when we checked-in is Edna. She also accompanied us in our city tour. The driver Mr. Henry who picked us up from the airport is also nice and very knowledgeable about Cebu.

I am a frequent traveler due to my nature of work and I've stayed in several hotels in other cities and countries from 3 star to 5 star. I would say that the rooms of Alta Cebu may not compare and far from a Grand Hyatt (I stayed in Grand Hyatt Hong Kong for the 14th time last April) but the place is clean, very well kept, comfortable and almost bug free except for some tiny ants which is normal in a tropical setting.

First I was a bit disappointed when I realized that the place is not at beach front but we had the swimming pool for ourselves later which made up for the lack of the beach. They even have a Jacuzzi. The surrounding is full of trees and greens and very romantic. The neighborhood which some guests complained about is perfectly fine. One local even helped us get a ride out to the main street and the bike driver made sure that we get off in a safe and shaded spot to avoid the heat of the sun. It was a short but fun ride all for a mere 10 pesos (US$0.25).

The food is good too and reasonably priced. We had dinner there in our last night. But you have to order at least 1 hour in advance. We only got to eat our breakfast once at the restaurant though we had 2 days inclusive breakfast because our first breakfast took so long as in soooooo loooooong to serve though there are only 3 groups of guests at that time and the food was only the usual pancake and eggs with a hot choco drink. Still kudos to the chef since it was one of the best pancake I've tasted. We decided not to take our free breakfast on the second day since we are in a hurry to go to our destination and it is not good to start the day with a bad mood caused by waiting for a breakfast that would come after ages.

The best asset of Alta Cebu are their people who are always ready to serve their guests. Our special thanks to Edna who accompanied us the whole day till evening in our city tour without any complain and with all smiles though I learned not from her but from another person that it was already her off at 3PM, as well as Mr. Henry our driver and the tall, nice and accommodating fellow at the bar who I failed to get the name.

I assume that the white gentleman is the owner Larry. We never really got to interact with him except for a very short "Good Morning" greet during our breakfast. Maybe he is not comfortable talking to domestic guests like us since I noticed he spoke more lengthily to foreign guests but not to us. It made us feel not as important for a moment but at least he hired nice and friendly people that made us feel better.

The next time we visit Cebu this hotel would be on top of our list for a place to stay. That time with our 3 little musketeers. I am sure they would love the place just like us. I just hope breakfast would be served much faster since kids have very little patience in waiting for their food.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank JUN O
Reviewed August 12, 2012

The price was right, people are frendly,pool was clean and the rooms were comfortable. Nice place to visit.No problem getting a taxi. My wife and I felt comfortable there.the shops were nice to. We found this on tripadvisor.com want to say thank you :)

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Richard L
Reviewed August 5, 2012

this is the best kept secret in cebu, but be make sure you take the hotel address with you as most taxi drivers don't know where it is ! the service was second to none, the staff were brilliant, and what's more brilliant in a genuine and sincere way, not a plastic 5 star way. the place is very relaxing, and exceptional value for money. don't expect a 5 star resort as you're not paying for that, but do a expect a 5 star experience. the food must rank as some of the best in the philippines, and good food is not always easy to find in the land of jollibee, kfc and chowking. keep it up alta, we'll be back !

Room Tip: note that a superior room is the 'basic' room, its not that basic, but its not that superi...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 25, 2012

This resort is super fun you can never get bored with a nice pool with jacuzzi, wall climbing, river rafting , atv rides, and lots of other fun things. I went there with my 3 best friends and we mostly stayed there swimming or doing a cool activity. Lucky we were there Sunday and Friday cause of the very yummy buffet plus the best breakfast meals ever....No wonder this resort has like 5 5 star reviews in a row....WERE COMING BACK ALTA

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 16, 2012

When I first came it was so nice lots of plants trees and a band was playing.Then the next day i went swimming their pool is very nice with a jacuzzi too and they have a very very yummy buffet. I love that place so i extended my stay i think it is a popular resort too there are lots of people and also a band plays like every night <3 that resort. If something bad happend i wouldnt car cause its cheap for their serviece:-)! GOTTA <3 THAT RESORT:D

• Stayed: July 2012
2  Thank altaisthebest
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cordova
Costabella Tropical Beach Hotel
#6 of 32 in Lapu Lapu
Crimson Resort and Spa, Mactan
Movenpick Hotel Mactan Island Cebu
Bluewater Maribago Beach Resort

Been to ALTA Cebu Resort? Share your experiences!