“we love alta!”
Review of ALTA Cebu Resort

ALTA Cebu Resort
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Cordova
Reviewed July 26, 2011

alta was a very nice resort we will come back definetly! it was a true garden resort and the pool was very nice and the staff was very frendly!the family loved it.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
3  Thank funfunhellobye

Reviewed July 26, 2011

This is a truly modern marvel. A pleasant place to stay. It was my first time in this country, meeting my fiance for the first time. The place greeded us with such friendliness, I though I was at home. The staff very professional and attentive. To mention a few, Ada ( spa ), Edna/eden (front desk),Jerom (maintenance), Marcos ( bartender), Larry (owner), and GM, and all others I forgot to mention, the place is explicit on its privacy bungalos and breath-taking surroundings. I have many unforgetables experience. Even so, that I made friends with the staff. On future trips, i will only stay at Alta. Like the Romans said. "All roads leads to Alta ". I was very happy in this hotel.

Room Tip: research locations and amenities carefully
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank ronskie_11
Reviewed July 23, 2011

This was our first family trip back to Cebu to viist family and friends and thought we would treat ourself too a stay in a nice hotel. The staff that greated us was so friendly and helpfully and even with all my questions he answered them all and was very helpfully. I have not been overseas since I left when i was a child and found this hotel better than some of the hotels I have stayed in Austraila. I will be only coming here next time I go back and visit my family and will be telling all my family and friends about this great place or should I .. I dont wont the place to get booked out so next time I need to stay someone I will have a place to stay to stay... So please all you people on here keep my secret safe.Only between us .. BEST EXPERIENCE EVER I WILL BE GOING BACK AND MAKING THIS A REGULAR STOP ON MY TRIPS TO CEBU....!!!!!!

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank flipper27
Reviewed July 12, 2011

When i firsr went to alta for the teabuilding wth my boyfriend,i feel so princess in thr room,like persian style,i love thr set up....our first bonding with my boyfriend...thanks for the yummy foods.. but thr is no beach....

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank Orlrej
CebuLarry, Owner at ALTA Cebu Resort, responded to this reviewResponded September 15, 2011

We are happy to hear that this couple had a nice romantic weekend. While it is true that we do not have a beach, we do have a boat dock on Alta Bay from which we offer island hoping tours of the many nearby islands. We also offer scuba lessons in our pool. There is much to do at Alta, most of it free. For starters, we offer a welcome drink upon arrival, a free breakfast for 2, a free 15 minute spa treatment in our new spa, a daily free shuttle to the beach and to the local mall. As far as I know no other resort offers so many complimentary activities. And our gardens are the best in cebu, according to a local authority. As one guest put it, Alta has one of loveliest, most extensive gardens he had seen outside of the NYC botanical gardens. One other thing this guest forgot to mention is that our price is about half that of comparable local beach resorts. For many guests the trade off is more than worth it.

Reviewed July 9, 2011

This is a perfect resort to stay for a couple. We found our room to be clean and comfortable, a/c was good as was the shower including hot water which I prefer even in a hot country like the Philippines. Fresh drinking water is provided daily which is a nice touch. A limited breakfast is complimentary , if you want fresh coffee or orange juice it is extra, also same for some other cooked items for breakfast. Food is quite good I would say, perhaps slightly limited in choice but for a stay of a week or so is fine. There is a nice swimming pool and area to soak up the sun. Worth saying if you did not know wet season is July to August but even in wet season can be sunny days. Ask the staff to spray your room often to kill the mosquitoes the little devils love white flesh, take all precautions ! Is quite alot to do at the resort, karaoke was great fun. Cebu city is about 25 mins drive via resort driver which is best in my opinion. Some taxi drivers dont want to drive you back to the resort. Lapu-lapu is slightly nearer but not as much as is in Cebu. There are many tours available we went to Bohol for the day, was an early start but well worth it. Last but by no means least is worth mentioning the staff. We thought they were very friendly, helpfull and kind. Actually best staff i have seen and I have been in many resorts and hotels !

Room Tip: premium room was lovely
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank lorenacamoro
Reviewed June 27, 2011

This hotel was top notch all the way around. The staff was the friendliest ever at any hotel we have every stayed at. The rooms were clean and the property beautiful. Restaurant had a great selection at reasonable prices and the food was very good. Highly recommend staying here.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
3  Thank sgfoley
Reviewed June 24, 2011

As newly weds my wife Maricel and I had plans to stay 6 nights but were only able to stay 2 nights and that was our only regret. I would highly recommend booking your stay with the resort instead of another site. I was never able get a refund for my 4 nights from Hotel.com.
The staff was great. One issue I had was that when we spent time at the pool there was not a full time employee attending the bar, BUT once I tracked down the young lady she was fun and mixed a great drink for us. The room was very clean and bathroom was clean and every large. I loved the hammocks along the pool my wife and I loved how relaxing it was.
Yes the resort is a little distance from down town but when you arrive to the resort you forget all about that and when we did go out the front desk they were able to get us a cab within minutes and we were on are way..
We were able to meet the owner Larry Quinn very nice and friendly man, we did meet the "Boss" is wife but you can sense from our conversation with him that the tow of them driven to ensure their customers have a great time.
I would love to be able to stay again. We had a great time and the it was a good value too.
Thanks to everyone we enjoyed.

Room Tip: Book Directly With The Resort
  • Stayed: January 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank JD_Maricel
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cordova
Costabella Tropical Beach Hotel
#6 of 32 in Lapu Lapu
Crimson Resort and Spa, Mactan
Bluewater Maribago Beach Resort
Movenpick Hotel Mactan Island Cebu

Been to ALTA Cebu Resort? Share your experiences!