“New management!”

Cordova Reef Village Resort
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Cordova
Reviewed June 7, 2012

I'm a bit surprised about the negative feedback i've read here about Cordova reef vilage resort. I visited the resort last month and I was amazed at the place! The staff were very warm and accommodating! It's a bit far from the city proper, yes, but if you want to rest from the bustling and polluted city, this is place for you. I figured it out why the previous reviews and stays of other reviewers about this place is not that good and on the contrary i had a very good one. It is because they are now in a new management! that is good news for all! give it a try and u won't regret! with this also comes their new website where in you can directly book online! Visit http://cordovareef.cebumactanhotels.com/

I hope you guys will enjoy your stay as i did!

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled solo
4  Thank jannahl_12
CordovaReef00, Front Office Manager at Cordova Reef Village Resort, responded to this reviewResponded September 5, 2013

We are so much thankful for the heart warming comment, we are looking forward to be able to served you in the near future.

There are newer reviews for Cordova Reef Village Resort

Reviewed February 2, 2012

A very depressing hotel, with bad food and even worse service. I would not recommend

• Stayed: January 2012
1  Thank MAvBr

The New management would like to thank you for your comment, for we need that for us to better served you and other guest that we will soon have.

Your Comment is indeed helpful to us. Thank you

Reviewed August 22, 2011

After arriving i was practically invisible! The front desk staff were clueless about how to handle a reservation or take care of the needs of their guests. The manager then asked me if the girl with me was my wife and if not we were not allowed to stay there? WOW! The pool was cloudy and dirty, Beach was full or rocks and trash, rooms were incomplete and missing amenities, food was defiantly over priced and under prepared. When i had asked for a room change due to no WiFi signal the switched my room 3 times to get a signal. After 1 day there i quickly transferred to Shangrala Mactan. Im glad i did...stay away from this place. What a waste of time and money!

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled on business
3  Thank Jerry R

we would like to thank you for your comment, for it is indeed helpful to us together with the new management.

We are looking forward to serve you more better to your satisfactions, Thank you

Reviewed September 24, 2010

Advertises WiFi in room, it was busted upon arrival. Although, to there credit they did accommodate me immediately in another room. Big +++ .

Room still needs cleaned from last occupants. I found the staff overall to be very pleasant and helpful. Interesting, even at 5 star hotels the Filipino staff would not wait for a tip, I found that here they seemed to expect it, which surprised me. (until recently I lived in Cebu for 3 years).

OVERALL: Nice room concepts, needs repainting or cleaning. If you try to bargain hunt, which I did this time, then it's buyer beware. If you want things to run smoother or are use to high expectations, etc... then you need to shell out more for a Marriott, Shangri-La, etc,,,,, I wish I would have done that, but that for me personally.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled on business
3  Thank brian1963

We would like to thank you for your comment, for it is indeed helpful to us more especially to our new management.

we are looking forward to better served you in the near future. Thank you

Reviewed June 13, 2010

Poor service, poor management, waste of money, better stay in shangrila..worst food,very expensive, not well maintained beach area

• Stayed: May 2010
2  Thank tantit

We are so much thankful for your comment for it is indeed helpful to us more especially to our new management.

We are looking to be able to served you more better than the past management in the near future, Thank you so much...

Reviewed May 18, 2010

I had my very terrible vacation with my wife and we swear that we will never stay in this hotel again. We stayed in this hotel for 3 nights and it's not near to the airport at all. I spent more than 40 minutes by taxi for me to get there. For the activiity, please pay extra attention when you discuss with the front desk, especially for island excursion. I brought all cash with me in USD and at first I asked the front desk if they accept USD and they said they only accept Philipine dollars and all the fees will be calculated in philipine dollars. The thrid day, we had the island excursion, the front desk prepared a boat for me and my wife and we agreed all the package price in philipine dollars with the front desk with meal and all the boat charges. The package should have included 3 island visits but the boat guy only arranged one for us and all the staff on the boat ate all our food on the island after I came back to the table after swimming with my spouse ,and we had to pay extra money to order the lunch by ourselves. When I asked the boatman for a life jacket for swimming near to the island, he even asked me to pay for around 200 philipine dollars for renting the safety precautions, what the hell, I was thinking if I was supposed to pay him for talking with us?? Before we got off the boat, the boatman asked us to pay for the package fee, so for sure we paid that to him as he gave us a half day trip(and the front desk lady told me to pay for the island fee on the island myself). Story came out when we check the bill on the last day at the front desk, I figured out that there was one island excursion fee for around USD120 and I told the guy at the front desk who is the CEO of the hotel, he then told me I have to pay for that in USD now at the front desk, I was shocked cos on his price list, there was nothing stated in USD and the front desk even told me they will not accept USD and there is not exchange service for USD to PH on the first day , then the lady at the reception said "yes, this charge have to be calculated in USD" We were shocked and then I told her I paid the island excurstion fee directly to the boatman, she and the CEO Alex were so surprised and they said why I paid to them directly and he asked me and my wife to pay for it by credit card now first for almost USD200 and he will refund to me once he talk with the boatman for the payment. It's been almost a month and what I got from him is that he said " I dont know the boatman at all and why dont you tell me within 24 hours when you know it", They are trying to give us back all the resonsibilities. After I read his reply, me and my wife were so angry and we were ripped off by this so called hotel. I would not suggest anyone to go there as it's unsafe to stay there, they even don't know who those people are on the boat and the hotel even can ask you to spend a whole day with strangers. I agree with other users that their beach is quite dirty at all and you can't even swim there, dont' be cheated by those photos on the internet. I am not a story maker and I am not here writing a story, I have all the email conversations with the so called "CEO" of the hotel and you can email me if you want for your reference, please stay at other hotels but not this one!!! It's ridiculous!

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled as a couple
7  Thank Chan341

We are so much thankful for your comment, for it is indeed helpful to us more especially to our new management.

Thank you so much, we are now looking forward that the new management will be given a chance to served you to your satisfactions.

Reviewed April 5, 2010

One good thing about the resort was out little villa. Very nicely decorated. The resort looked like it was situated at some kind of forgotten boat station. Unswimmable. No lighting at night, so bring a torch to find your way to the restaurant. Sorry to say, awful food and they used the same fruit from the night before. Awful meats. They had no milk for my morning coffee. What's going on with that place? It's not like they have much competition - yet. So they'd better get their act together.

The manager from Malta could see we were unhappy, and upon checkout, he just minded his own business in reception while his employees ensured outr checkout. He barely looked at us and of course, he didn't attempt to ask us how our stay was, because he knew the answer we'd get..

Spend the same amount of money at Maribago! I think they have to bulldoze the ground (apart from the nice little round villas).

That's my opinion - trust me, you'll be disappointed! ;o) This is also the opinion of a 30yr old female from the UK who's been living here for 5 months and is used to not expecting too much in terms of a little luxury...

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank no29shropshire

We would like to say thank you for your comments, for indeed it is very helpful to us more especially to the new management.

We are hoping to be able to serve you to your satisfaction in the near future.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Cordova
Costabella Tropical Beach Hotel
#12 of 31 in Lapu Lapu
ALTA Cebu Resort
ALTA Cebu Resort
#1 of 4 in Cordova

Been to Cordova Reef Village Resort? Share your experiences!