“Delicious!”

Swiss Italian Restaurant Cebu
Ranked #1 of 9 Restaurants in Cordova
Cuisines: Italian, Swiss
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Description: As a daughter of an Italian and Swiss father, my heart is beating for both countries. Since early age my father has shown me how to cook tasty food, but more important she had taught me how to cook food with love and care. This hobby became later a passion. This passion I brought with joy to the Swiss Italian Restaurant Cebu. I continue this tradition, preparing all my culinary dishes, delightful in front of our guests (front cooking), with love and great dedication! At the Swiss Italian Restaurant Cebu, we offer a wide range of traditional Swiss and authentic Italian specialties which I prepare with the best available and freshest ingredients with great dedication and love. Most of us realized that love and great passion are the best ingredients for a delicious meal. Last but not least, all of us know, that eating and drinking are one of the most important things life has to offers. If you visit the Swiss Italian Restaurant Cebu with your family or friends, we will be delighted to offer you an enjoyable lunch or dinner. But as mentioned above, we also attach great importance to freshness quality, so that... Vegetables are always prepared fresh after delivered from an organic farm in Bukidnon; Beef and pork we use for our dishes is aged meat, which we import from a Swiss butcher; Fish, seafood and poultry, we buy always fresh from a local market and all the other ingredients like cheese, cured meat, pasta, rice, extra virgin olive oil, and other typical, genuine and authentic ingredients are imported direct from Switzerland and Italy. We are glad to prepare and to serve you a great meal, because your satisfaction is our challenge and happiness!
Reviewed May 7, 2014

Mmm, we really had a great Italian meal this evening, starting with fingerlicking good brushettas and then a freshly prepared delicious lasagna for my husband and scalopini limone for myself, 3 pieces of tender Meat and so well seasoned. The atmosphere is very homely, the owner is so nice and we were brought back to our hotel by another customer, so friendly! We'd recommend this restaurant to everyone Visit in Cebu!

1  Thank Ineke B
AlfredoHonegger, Owner at Swiss Italian Restaurant Cebu, responded to this reviewResponded May 8, 2014

Hi Ineke
thanks a lot for visiting our restaurant. I was glad to serve you and your husband some of our authentic Italian Specialties. Hope to see you again - if you come back to Cebu.
Yours, Alfredo

Reviewed April 20, 2014

13.March 2014 Birthday-Dinner in the Swiss-Italian-Restaurant Cordova Cebu.
I would like to say Thank you Alfredo for the delicious Rindsfilet with Noodles and Vegetables
even the very good Citron-Birthday-cake with Candle was super and Special I mean Alfredolike !
At the end we where totally surprised from the House an his very special Atmosphere but this
is real Cebu !!!
A big Thanks to the Staff and his Boss see you next time...!
Friend
Swiss man Alfred &Tess from Ajoya

1  Thank Marites A
AlfredoHonegger, Owner at Swiss Italian Restaurant Cebu, responded to this reviewResponded April 22, 2014

Dear Alfred & Tess

thanks a lot for celebrating your birthday at the Swiss Italian Restaurant, as well as to bring your friends over here to eat. It's always my pleasure to prepare an authentic Swiss dish for you and Tess. We hope to serve you many more dishes from our Swiss Menu on which you will find many new Swiss Specialties like Tartar, Mostindien Curry, Appenzeller Roellchen, Glarner Landsgmend Steak with Apple Roesti etc. and wish you in the meantime all the best!

Alfredo & the Swiss Italian Restaurant Team

Reviewed April 8, 2014

I moved to Cebu Philippines 3 years ago to be with my sweetheart & enjoy what is left of my life. As an Italian -American I am REALLY into my Italian Heritage, thus I LOVE Italian Food. I was NOT able to find Real Italian food to my liking, anywhere in cebu or Mactan so I made it myself, Then one day by accidentally I DISCOVERED the Swiss Italian Restaurant, Its like going to Italy without leaving the Philippines. Now my wife & I have become great Friends with the Family owned restaurant where we go every Date night . I mean honestly What do you think is going to happen he is Italian I am Italian , with my Winery just a short distance from the restaurant. The Food there is so amazing it is better than Sex and it lasts longer too ! I cannot believe how they can make it here in Cebu but they do. And their Pesto is to die for.. Alfredo is amazing, what a Master CHEF of ITALIAN GASTRONOMY. All the lettuce, and Veggies are custom grown and delivered right to them every week. All the rest of his ingredients comes from Italy. Having all of this he makes everything from Scratch. This is NOT FAST FOOD, IT IS SLOW FOOD AND VERY HEALTHY! Everything is cook the RIGHT way, and NOT OVER COOKED! And the taste explodes in your mouth again and again with each chew in a flavor of ecstasy that you cannot describe, but has to be experienced, Some say the food is a little pricey ? I say what is your health worth to you ? You can either put cheap crap into your body loaded with chemicals and fillers or you can experience the Food of the GODS! The Service is also great, and the interaction of Chef & Customer, well he acts like am Italian Mama and makes sure everything is PERFECTO, they make you feel at home With Italian Music in the background,. and the wonderful aroma of Italian food whiffing in the air you either feel you are at HOME, or in Italy. Either way you wont be sorry. Once you eat here you will be addicted for life, Thank GOD I Live here. Couples, Family, Friends,Business, or just by yourself it is MUST Experience This place takes Italian food to another level. So what are you waiting for, and NO I am NOT getting ANYTHING for writing this review.! Everything I have written here is the TRUTH, so either Eat here or you will be missing out! So you have to ask yourself, Are we there yet ? Well what are you waiting for, Chinese New year, or an engraved Invitation ? GO THERE NOW !
Regards
Marcello & Maria

1  Thank Maria Carmel P
AlfredoHonegger, Inhaber at Swiss Italian Restaurant Cebu, responded to this reviewResponded April 9, 2014

Good evening Marcello and Maria
thanks a lot for your review and all what you say is true. I am Italian from my mother side and Swiss from my father side and my heart is beating for both. As you know, I did not have open this place to get rich, I have open this place because what I do I do with love and passion and there are many people who want to eat something with is prepared with love... Cooking is an energetic work and if you cook with love, passion and dedication this can also "make" miracles, and so it is. I know that this last sentence is very "esoteric" and not everybody will understand what I want to say with it.
Marcello and Maria, I love both of you and you are part of the "Familia" as we use to say in Italian language. I will be proud to cook in the coming days again for you and this time if you advise me in advance I will cook for you a nice Osso Bucco.
All IS Love and Care!
Alfredo

Reviewed February 12, 2014

This has to be one of the best restaurants I've been to for a long time. I've been twice now and my next visit to Cebu will also include another visit. On both visits we got personal attention from Alfredo and all that worked there, we were given recommendations on food choices and the overall experience was one to be remembered. Each dish was fresh, authentic and full of flavor. I would recommend anyone that lives there or is visiting Cebu or Cordova then you must go. Also a great place to take clients as the ambience is perfect for conversation and relaxation.

1  Thank Georgina G
AlfredoHonegger, Owner at Swiss Italian Restaurant Cebu, responded to this reviewResponded February 16, 2014

Dear Georgina, thanks a lot for your informative review, recommending our place to other business people. In the past I used to travel a lot so that I know what business people, gourmets, spoiled and regular guests like you.

As you saw we prepare all in front of our guests, because in our place we have nothing to hide! The guests can see the ingredients we use and if they wish they also can try them. If the guest have questions about the origin of the ingredients or about the preparation of the dish, we are proud to answer and explain everything. By the way, all the ingredients we use are imported from Italy, Switzerland and Mindanao from selected suppliers. The meat we use is aged meat which is tender, tasty and juicy. The vegetable we buy from a small organic farm in Bukidnon in the mountains of Cagayan de Oro in Mindanao. All the dishes we prepare in the healthiest way to not destroy their nutritional value of the ingredients "SLOW FOOD Philosophy".

Ok, we hope to welcome you soon and in the meantime we wish you all the best!

Reviewed February 12, 2014 via mobile

Best little private Swiss Italian restaurant in Mactan at last !!!!
Its a little home style restaurant in front of Golden Meadow Subdivision Cordova.
The owner chef / cook cook in front of u a great meal fresh and authentic.
The chef takes pride in his restaurant and there is a great interaction with the guest. There is a great variety in the Swiss and Italian menu.
The price quality and quantity is ok.
Its very hard to find good authentic western food in Mactan.
We try many places on Mactan using TripAdvisor but were very disappointed until to day. Really bad food places closed already "no stock Sir" bad service over priced u name it we have had them all !!!
I strongly have the idea that some times owners in Mactan ask there friends to write a good review for them. Some review i have seen by other restaurant we visit on TripAdviser are simply impossible.
And i have the experience to say this.
At last we found today a honest place in Mactan that can produce authentic excellent food for a reasonable price.
We can really recommend this place.
Keep up the good work !!!!

1  Thank Dik D

Mr. Dik D, thanks a lot for your honest review. We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your dinner and that you like our place. We hope to serve you soon a nice Swiss or Italian dish. In the meantime we remain with our best wishes!