“" At last good food in Mactan "”

Swiss Italian Restaurant Cebu
Ranked #1 of 9 Restaurants in Cordova
Cuisines: Italian, Swiss, European
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Kids, Families with children, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Brunch, Breakfast, Lunch, Cash Only, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: As a son of an Italian mother and Swiss father, my heart is beating for both countries. Since early age my mother has shown me how to cook tasty food, but more important she had taught me how to cook food with love and care. This hobby became later a passion. This passion I brought with joy to the Swiss Italian Restaurant Cebu. I continue this tradition, preparing all my culinary dishes, delightful in front of our guests (front cooking), with love and great dedication! At the Swiss Italian Restaurant Cebu, we offer a wide range of traditional Swiss and authentic Italian specialties which I prepare with the best available and freshest ingredients with great dedication and love. Most of us realized that love and great passion are the best ingredients for a delicious meal. Last but not least, all of us know, that eating and drinking are one of the most important things life has to offers. If you visit the Swiss Italian Restaurant Cebu with your family or friends, we will be delighted to offer you an enjoyable lunch or dinner. But as mentioned above, we also attach great importance to freshness quality, so that... Vegetables are always prepared fresh after delivered from an organic farm in Bukidnon; Beef and pork we use for our dishes is aged meat, which we import from a Swiss butcher; Fish, seafood and poultry, we buy always fresh from a local market and all the other ingredients like cheese, cured meat, pasta, rice, extra virgin olive oil, and other typical, genuine and authentic ingredients are imported direct from Switzerland and Italy. We are glad to prepare and to serve you a great meal, because your satisfaction is our challenge and happiness!
“" At last good food in Mactan "”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 12, 2014 via mobile

Best little private Swiss Italian restaurant in Mactan at last !!!!
Its a little home style restaurant in front of Golden Meadow Subdivision Cordova.
The owner chef / cook cook in front of u a great meal fresh and authentic.
The chef takes pride in his restaurant and there is a great interaction with the guest. There is a great variety in the Swiss and Italian menu.
The price quality and quantity is ok.
Its very hard to find good authentic western food in Mactan.
We try many places on Mactan using TripAdvisor but were very disappointed until to day. Really bad food places closed already "no stock Sir" bad service over priced u name it we have had them all !!!
I strongly have the idea that some times owners in Mactan ask there friends to write a good review for them. Some review i have seen by other restaurant we visit on TripAdviser are simply impossible.
And i have the experience to say this.
At last we found today a honest place in Mactan that can produce authentic excellent food for a reasonable price.
We can really recommend this place.
Keep up the good work !!!!

1 Thank Dik D
AlfredoHonegger, Owner at Swiss Italian Restaurant Cebu, responded to this review, February 16, 2014
Mr. Dik D, thanks a lot for your honest review. We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your dinner and that you like our place. We hope to serve you soon a nice Swiss or Italian dish. In the meantime we remain with our best wishes!

• Korean first
Cebu City, Philippines
“Super Italian Food!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 26, 2014

The best and authentic Pasta's and Pizza's all prepared in front of you with original ingredients, in Cebu!

Visited January 2014
Thanks a lot for your review and hope to welcome you again at the Swiss Italian Restaurant.
Howell, New Jersey
“MUST visit”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 23, 2013

I have been to Cebu City and Cordova many times visiting inlaws. I brought the entire family here in October 2013. All I can say is OMG!!!! This is HANDS DOWN the best food I have had in Cebu City and I dare to say, the best food I have had ANYWHERE. Maybe we were lucky because, when we were there, we were the only people there at that time. Then again, we were there for a late lunch and there were 10 of us. Alfred and his staff took excellent care if us. Heck, Alfred even gave us a cooking lesson. This is a quaint little place that you would never guess could produce the food that they do. I am on my way back for Sinulog 2014 and I guarantee I will eat there many more times during this visit. I just wish I could get breakfast, lunch and dinner delivered to our hotel.

Thanks again Alfred and staff for the wonderful experience,

Glen Smith
USA

• Visited October 2013
alfredoHo348, Owner at Swiss Italian Restaurant Cebu, responded to this review, January 22, 2014
Hi Glen
thanks a lot for your review. I already chilled a good bottle of Italian white Wine to Welcome you back at the Swiss Italian Restaurant. We where very busy during the Sinulog day's and hope to see you soon. At this occasion I will be proud to prepare some nice Italian food for you!
Yours, Alfredo
Cebu Island, Philippines
“Not what I expected”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 21, 2013

Called made reservations, spoke to the owner and came the same night. Nice looking place, happy staff. We ordered 3 dishes ... the only ones available on the menu that night. I just expected much better. The owner / chef was not there cooking that night I believe he had a previous engagement.

• Visited August 2013
5 Thank CebuExpats
alfredoHo348, Owner at Swiss Italian Restaurant Cebu, responded to this review, November 22, 2013
I remember you, and I apologized to, because I had an emergency. You ordered Cordon Bleu on the Phone and I personally prepared them, so that my daughter only needed to bake them and this is what they did. Your complain was, that the Cordon Bleu was close with 3 pieces of toothpicks, which is the way to do, and everybody who eat a Cordon Bleu knows about that.

Than you ordered Spaghetti Bolognese and you complained that the Spaghetti Sauce is NOT sweet!!! In Italy we don't use any sugar in a Spaghetti Sauce, this is only something people do over here in the Philippines, the same that we refused to bake a Pizza with Pineapple which is an American, Filipino but NOT an Italian Pizza. The food which was served to you was properly prepared with fresh and authentic ingredients, and as my daughter told me, you did NOT returned the food, you have eat and finished all of it, that means that the food was good. The only problem, I was NOT THERE!

So, I don't know what your real complain is, and what you want to achieve months after you been over here?
Mactan Island, Philippines
“A Very Happy Belly”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 18, 2013

I live in Mactan, I know the owner and have visited the SwissItalian restaurant many times either alone or with my wife and/or friends. It is one of my favourite places to eat.

The criticism by 'alwayscooking' is in my opinion wholly unjustified. The owner takes the greatest pride in his restaurant and the food he offers, often generously, is excellent. You can also watch him cook the food.

He is quite open to communication with constructive criticism as he is very concerned about customer satisfaction. Also he is honest and a man of integrity. His ingredients are wholesome, not canned as suggested, and I sometimes purchase some of his ingredients and products for use at home.

I write this because I know the criticism stated is very unfair even if it's hidden under the banner of " ..it's my opinion..". I can only presume that 'alwayscooking' somehow managed to confuse restaurants.

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank E R
alfredoHo348, Owner at Swiss Italian Restaurant Cebu, responded to this review, October 22, 2013
Hi Errol
thanks for your review and your honest critic, we appreciate guests like you, who say what they feel and think. We just have finish our Pizza offer and actually we offer 30 + 1 different Pizza's, the + 1 is a DO IT YOUR SELF Pizza. Starting today for one week we offer with every Pizza a glass (225ml) of wine. Hope to see you soon!