“Welcoming Restaurant”

Cuisines: British
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed July 7, 2014

My wife & I called in for a meal on our way back from Kingsbridge. We found Ann & John very welcoming & friendly.

Excellent food well served and piping hot. We both had the Steak burgers with Mushrooms, Bacon, chips & salad. I must say that the burger was the best burger I've every tasted. 4000 percent better than Mcdonalds.

I had the local larger Takar, Fantastic pint just like the german strong largers.

Thanks for your service.

3  Thank Naillab
52JSF49, Owner at The Old Inn, responded to this reviewResponded July 9, 2014

Thank you for your comments, we are pleased you enjoyed your visit and the food. We look forward to seeing you very soon when you're next in the area.

Reviewed June 19, 2014 via mobile

My wife and I called in for a drink here one evening and found a charming country pub with friendly staff a great atmosphere and an adorable dog. The food is wonderful the staff are very pleasant and even the regulars are welcoming. Will be back and highly recommend.

52JSF49, Manager at The Old Inn, responded to this reviewResponded June 21, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review the Old Inn after your recent visit. We are pleased you enjoyed your meal and think that we are a friendly group.
Look forward to seeing you both again.
Many thanks Juliet Steve and Sadie the dog

Reviewed June 17, 2014

Excellent food, more than we could eat and the service and welcome was good also made dogs welcome, even gave them a biscuit

1  Thank enliven64
52JSF49, Owner at The Old Inn, responded to this reviewResponded June 19, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to let us know that you enjoyed your time with us.
Many thanks Juliet and Steve

Reviewed March 5, 2014

Just celebrated my 50th Birthday with a family and friends dinner at The Old Inn. Food, service, price all excellent...the rooms decor was lovely and a surprise birthday cake made jointly by Juliet the owner and Natalie their 'Girl Friday' ....they made my birthday treat perfect .

1  Thank lisa64700
Reviewed February 24, 2014

We had visited Blackpool Sands with a friend and he suggested we stop at this pub for a drink and a light lunch. The pub has a large car park off the main road to Totnes. The landlord is a jolly affable man and the pub atmosphere is great. The food is prepared to order and is excellent. They serve real ale which I enjoy.

A great find and would gladly recommend.

1  Thank Paul M