“Great Local Cusine in Small Cafe”

The Country Boy Restaurant
Cuisines: American
Description: We serve Southern style food including made from scratch biscuits, collard greens, hand battered and dipped country fried steaks. Homemade cakes and ice cream. Our omelets and Backwoods Benedict are a few of our breakfast menu items. Our pigtail macaroni and cheese is delicious and don't leave without trying our signature fried pies. Come visit, we promise you will love our southern cuisine!
Reviewed March 9, 2019

Prior to getting on the Natchez Trace Parkway we stopped in here for lunch. Had a very good meal.
I had the Deep Fried Steak with collards greens.
My wife had Catfish Fillets (2) with green beans.
Both meals were very good.
Give them a try.

Date of visit: January 2019
1  Thank Doug G

Reviewed February 12, 2019 via mobile

The food was good, I highly recommend the country ham! Biscuits and gravy were on point and the grits and hash brown casserole didn’t disappoint. Great place for southern home cooked breakfast with friendly service!

Date of visit: February 2019
Reviewed December 27, 2018 via mobile

I would recommend making this a stop if you’re in the area. The atmosphere at the Country Boy Restaurant is more appealing than the food. The food (at least for breakfast) is kind of your average diner type breakfast food, albeit good, it didn’t blow me away. That being said, I think the small town atmosphere of this little gem makes the visit good for me. Dine at the counter and talk with the waitresses if you’re by yourself, watch some westerns on the TV, and enjoy a hearty meal and good cup of coffee. Or, sit at a table with your friends and enjoy a low key meal with no rush except from the server making sure your glass stays full and your coffee stays warm.

Date of visit: December 2018
Reviewed November 18, 2018 via mobile

A well known brand in the Leipers Fork Community — serving locals & tourists alike. Cafe/Diner type setup. Rustic and quaint ambiance. Cheerful staff. Good hearty portions for breakfast entrees. My fave is the pancakes, cheesy hash browns, sausage and eggs. The fresh squeezed OJ is sweet with lots of pulp.

Date of visit: November 2018
1  Thank StevenD_FranklinTN
Reviewed October 8, 2018

Had breakfast here Saturday morning. The menu is really something to take in, they have some cool combos but I decided to go with something simple.

I had pancakes with the hash brown casserole.

The pancakes were big, cooked perfectly with a crispier outside and a fluffy inside.

The hash brown casserole was absolutely sublime, had a lot of cheese (never such a thing as too much cheese).

They were very busy, but everyone was welcoming and friendly. I'd go back here again in a heartbeat.

Date of visit: October 2018