“Even comes with a Doggie Menu”
Review of Burns Beach Cafe

Burns Beach Cafe
Cuisines: Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed June 18, 2014

Qld could learn a thing or two from this place. We a dog people and enjoy being able to take them out to places and here at Burns Beach, could not ask for better. Thank you for making our "four legged kids welcome".
Enjoyed our Big breakfast and coffee.

Reviewed May 30, 2014

Have been to Burns Beach cafe many times with my mother's group, after a bike ride or walk along the foreshore footpath for a coffee but have not eaten there that often. A few weeks ago I went there for my dad's 65th birthday. The restaurant was fairly quiet (but we didn't care), one of the waitresses was a little vague and had no sense of humour however she was fairly helpful when ordering the meals. My folks ordered the seafood platter and were going to get one each however the waitress advised that they were large servings and would feed 2 people. Thank goodness they did just order one as it was huge. Now my folks don't often eat out as restaurants are expensive and they cook better food at home but they had nothing but praise for the food and said they would go there again. I ordered the steak and it was delicious too. It is also BYO which we prefer. Prices were reasonable too. We were sat in the outside alfresco area and although the weather was cold - they had heaters on and it was nice and cosy.

I have also had breakfast here previously and the food was lovely although on the expensive side for breakfast.

Should mention that dogs are welcome in the outside alfresco area during the day and they even have a small menu for the dogs!

1  Thank Riding74
Reviewed April 23, 2014

Stopped here on a nice sunny weekend for lunch, it was just before 1pm. Waited, and waited and waited, then noticed there seemed to be a number of staff standing around not exactly looking busy. No problem there just hurry up....Then noticed of all the occupied tables people appeared to be waiting for food....No problem but again hurry up.

One of the specials was a Rice Pilaf or something like that.....Then noticed one of the kitchen staff put an Uncle Bens instant rice product in the microwave....HANG ON...Did I just see that? Now that is a problem - time to leave.

To me the prices seemed a bit high for what the place is and certainly with long wait and more so if microwaved Uncle Bens rice is on the menu. Walked out didn't get served in around 10 minutes of waiting. The staff appeared amateur and the place didn't feel like anyone was in charge of new what they were doing. Probably a good place for holiday makers who don't know any better.

1  Thank BWPerth
Reviewed April 12, 2014 via mobile

We came here by chance, looking for a place to have brunch on a Saturday. We had eggs benedict and the breakfast stack, as well as a serve of chips. The food came out reasonably quick and apart from one of the eggs being broken already we couldn't fault the dishes. Delicious, well prepared and reasonably priced.

The chips were a surprise, really light but nice and crispy. They went down really well.

A nice touch was the small menu for dogs, and it was good to see that dogs are welcome at this Cafe in the outside areas. The sweets looked great too but we didn't have any.

If this wasn't so far away we'd be here every weekend.

Reviewed April 10, 2014

My husband & I felt like a nice feed of seafood, and popped into the Burns Beach Café. We sat outside alfresco style with the most amazing sunset view right in front of us. We ate oysters natural and Kilpatrick for starters - yum, lovely fresh oysters. For main we shared the seafood platter(from the starters menu). There was plenty on the platter for 2. We added the 1/2 crayfish, however thought this was not worth the extra $18 for a bite sized portion each.
The staff are very friendly and will definitely return to try the other meals available. I also like the BYO alcohol aspect, with a small corkage fee.