The 1661 Inn
Spring House Hotel(New Shoreham)
$225
  • Restaurant
Hotel Manisses(Block Island)(Great Value!)
$171
Travelocity
The Break(Narragansett)(Great Value!)
$252
National Hotel(New Shoreham)
Agoda.com
Island Manor Resort(New Shoreham)
No availability for your dates from our partners
  • Free Internet
No availability for your dates from our partners
  • Beachfront
TripAdvisor
  • Pool
All reviewsdodge cottagechampagne breakfastdewey cottageflaming coffeeanchor houseguest houseblock islandedwards roomanimal farmexotic animalswine and cheeseocean viewincluded breakfastfrench toastoff seasoncorned beef hashbeautiful room
FilterAll languages
Reviewed September 24, 2013

We have stayed at a few of their properties and have always been pleased, and this trip was no exception!
Although when we first checked in at the Dewey Cottage there were a few issues with the room, but with one phone call they took care of things immediately! And Rita (the innkeeper) gave us a generous adjustment on our bill to make up for the shortcomings! Nice to get a problem resolved with such professionalism!
Great place, and great staff!
Thanks Rita!
Mark & Deb

Reviewed September 19, 2013

The hotels were beautifully kept,inside and out. Flaming coffees and breakfast very nice. The person who checked us in was not. She was Impersonal, barely polite. she did not give us any information about the stay. Information you need to navigate a stay between two properties. Information such as leaving luggage free of charge after check out, that facilities are available, if you ride bikes etc and need to shower and change before getting on the ferry The owners send a very nice two page confirmation. maybe the information is on there . usually when you check in, a quality hotel, your front desk person, personalizes your stay by telling you everything you need to know.Obviously, the owners have tried to make your stay enjoyable to the last second and easy to do so..Chain hotels expect you to figure out everything for your self. when I asked for an extra blanket, she stated she did not know if I needed one or had one in my room, and even though I only had a full bed she would give me the extra blankets they have for king size beds. The really disappointing part is managements response to being told this information. I introduced myself, she did not. I related the above and she told me she had also noticed these things and that they were working with this new employee to improve her skills. They have a question on their confirmation form, asking how they can make your stay more enjoyable. i had indicated that it was our 29 th anniversary. I told this woman that the check in person never acknowledged this , even a card in your room would have been nice.Her answers were along the line of oh, we tell her to. I would have expected the reply to have been We will do better, not what we want to happen. Not the lukewarm, tolerant acceptance of doing me the courtesy of just listening to me.We stayed 9/17/13, not even their busiest time.I paid $ 99 dollars via booking .com and they gave me a $99 dollar stay. I thought getting the room at a discounted rate meant still being treated as if you paid full price to encourage you to want to return, even without a discount.

Room Tip: Stay at the1661, everything is there, afternoon nibbles, breakfast, beautiful ocean views.
4  Thank mbowden2013
Reviewed September 18, 2013

Hotel Manisses has a great offer off season that we have taken advantage of twice in the last two years. Excelllent and courteous staff. Well worth the money. And the breakfast buffet is excellent with lots to choose from.

Reviewed September 18, 2013

We were staying around the corner but this is a magnificent hotel in a beautiful quiet setting. We had the best meal of our stay in their beautiful restaurant. Service and food were top rate. You will walk into a business that really understands the meaning of friendly, understated service. How refreshing: everyone seems to sincerely want you here. Can't wait to return!

• Stayed: September 2013
Reviewed September 16, 2013

My wife and I were married at the 1661 Inn back in 2011. We just returned for our second anniversary.

The location, the staff, and the service are all spectacular. We had our wedding ceremony on the back patio overlooking the ocean, our reception inside the dining room 1661 Inn. It was simple to plan, and everything went perfectly. What more could one ask of a wedding?

For a weekend getaway the 1661 Inn guest house is one of our two favorite places to stay. We also love the Seabreeze right next-door which offers a slightly more intimate experience with breakfast delivered right to your room.

Our favorite time on Block Island is mid-week September after Labor Day. The crowds of high-season are long gone, but most businesses are still open. Best of all, September has the most consistently clear weather of any month on the island -- not that you can ever bet on the weather in coastal New England.

Room Tip: The 1661 Guesthouse has wonderful rooms facing the ocean. Sunrises are spectacular.