“Helicopter Rides on Block Island”
Review of Heliblock

Heliblock
Ranked #2 of 10 Tours in New Shoreham
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Heliblock's newest location offers Helicopter Tours of Westerly, RI and Adventure Tours out to Block Island, RI. All Adventure Tours depart from Westerly and include a round trip flight to Block Island where customers can choose to include a dining and/or parasailing option. Tour duration's can last from 10 minutes up to an all day excursion.
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

My wife and I recently took the Wind Farm helicopter tour on Block Island. It was a great adventure. Our pilot Mike to us over the Wind Farm and then up the coast passing the Lighthouse and the cliffs. Viewing the erosion from the air gave new meaning to the term. At the north end of the island we were able see all the seals. Viewing New Harbor from the air was also impressive. The weather the day of our tour allowed the doors being off the helicopter which only added to the tour. We plan on taking the tour again this time with our adult children when they come to the island next year.

All reviews
in 8 reviews
"coastline"
in 2 reviews

Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Most disgusting and irresponsible business I have ever come across to in my life, never got a call to confirm my appointment had to call them to check if they even knew about my appointment, when I called them to pick me up like they promised they would, “mike” told me someone was on its way to pick me up, 10 min later same guy called asking me if I can reschedule my reservation for The next day. But they were very quick to take the money out of my bank account soon as I made the reservation, ruined my day and my bfs birthday surprise.

Matt H, Owner at Heliblock, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Maria,

The battery on the helicopter died at the last minute so we were unable to start the helicopter for your tour, we called to inform you immediately upon realizing that the tour was going to need to be postponed/cancelled. We offered to fly another helicopter out to block Island and reschedule your flight from 4:30 pm to 6:00 pm, which you informed us that you couldn't. At that point we had no choice but to cancel the flight.

As far as "taking money from your bank account" you booked the helicopter tour online which automatically and immediately debits your account. Upon cancellation of your flight we informed you that a refund email would be sent, and you would be refunded immediately on the card that was used to book the tour.

We are sorry your day didn't work out as planned, but when in comes to aviation the most important aspect is safety. Flying a helicopter without all components operating at 100% would have been an irresponsible decision.

Matt

Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

This was so much fun!!! What a ride and what a view! If you have never been on a helicopter, fix that and come to Heliblock! You will love it. The guys will shuttle you from anywhere on the island and then bring you back to where ever you want to be. Wonderful experience!!! True fun!!!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

It was a great ride! Helicopter gave a smooth ride, it was a clear day, could see to the vineyard. Helicopter pilot was very friendly and knowledgeable. Would recommend it, fly without the doors on. Very cool experience.

See more reviews
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

I’ve been on a handful of heli tours with these guys and I have to say every time is even better than the last. The pilots are super professional, extremely nice, and I’ve seen them put even the most nervous flyer out of all my friends, at total ease. Highly recommend this company and all the tours they offer- You absolutely cannot beat the views, It’s an experience like no other! If you’re looking for a unique experience on block island, Heliblock is IT. Matt and Mike - THANK YOU. You guys are awesome!