“One of Many-Can’t tell the difference”
Review of Vallarta

Vallarta
Ranked #1 of 1 Quick Bites in Mira Mesa
Reviewed April 6, 2019 via mobile

Vallarta is one of many Mexican restaurants up and down Mira Mesa. The only distinguishing characteristics being do you want a more sit down type restaurant, or more of a fast food type of place? You can do both at Vallarta but to be honest, there is nothing on the menu, except maybe the chili relleno that reminded me of true Mexican food in Puerto Vallarta. Not that there’s anything wrong with the food, my chimichanga was quite good and other choices we had such as burrito, salad, even my wife’s super fries seemed to satisfy everyone. I just can’t get super excited about a Mexican place that’s like every other Mexican place in the neighborhood.

Date of visit: April 2019

Reviewed April 6, 2019 via mobile

Came here because we heard about their Christian Fries (French fries mixed with beacon, steaks, eggs and topped with guacamole and cheese) and wow, the portion was so huge my son and I could not even finish it. Was the ultimate comfort food to satisfy your guilty pleasure! The restaurant was clean and service was fast and friendly. It also had a drive thru.

Date of visit: April 2019
Reviewed December 10, 2018

After going to a competitor for over 36 years I happen to be in La Mesa and decided to give this place a try from the visual aspect of this eatery from the street. Inside this restaurant I found it to be very clean, bright, and visually appealing. The girls at the front were friendly and the menu well laid out. Understanding that this is a fast food restaurant I ordered the fish tacos and a carne asada burrito. I sat down and after getting my food watched as the drive through was constantly busy and a stream of steady customers came in and out. Busy is good!! My tacos were delicious and there was plenty of crispy fish in the taco that made a great meal. The carne asada burrito was equally delicious and the meat very tender and well seasoned. In fact the reason I lost my appeal for the other restaurant was because their quality really began to suffer over the years and the meat was full of gristle and fat but here at Vallarta the meat had no gristle nor any fat and was just excellent. If you are every in San Diego and want a quick meal at a very reasonable price then I highly recommend Vallarta.

Date of visit: December 2018
Reviewed November 6, 2018

With an order of three breakfast burritos, no cheese in any of them & one with no beans. Easy order but of course all three burritos had cheese. Even the receipt reflects the specialty order but bottom line is they are unable to fill a specialty order. Traveled too far to return & I was also stuck at work then the error was discovered. These burritos are not cheap but I'll find another place to enjoy a meal.

Date of visit: November 2018
Reviewed October 27, 2018 via mobile

I ate here on 10/26/18 around 5:30pm. I ordered the Cali burrito. The burrito was just okay. I’ve had much better. While I’m visiting San Diego, I’ll make sure I get a really good Cali burrito. The restaurant is clean and the staff is very nice. My friend had a shrimp taco and loved it.

Date of visit: October 2018