Holiday Inn St. Louis - South County Center
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
$119
Travelocity
$94
$87
Hotels.com
All reviewshalf price appetizersfront deskkrispy kremepool areawould recommend this hotel to anyonenice lobbyfridge and microwavefamily weddingbed and pillowsbusiness travelfitness centerroom ratecoffee makerstlouischeckinrepair
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 17, 2010

We stayed at this hotel for two nights and it was decently priced for what it was booked on 'Name Your Own Price' from Priceline. We were a very late arrival and they had our King Smoking Room ready for us, the late night front desk attendant was dressed very professionally and the front lobby was very nice and clean. Our room was on the top floor, the elevator was incredibly dirty, had a strong smell of oil & grease, and took forever on incredibly bumpy ride. The smoking floor hall smelled, smokey, as expected, but it was even worse in the room. Like a stale cigarette and old beer smell that was musty and damp is the best way to describe it. The wall unit air conditioner worked well, but it seemed to only circulate the air within the room, and by the end of our stay, both my fiancee and I had allergy issues and sneezing constantly. The furniture in the room was beat up and scratched, the sofa had stains all over it, the wallpaper was extremely yellowed and peeling, and the carpet was stained and old. There was a security guard walking the halls when we got in, but there were people across from us drunk and yelling and slamming doors in the hallway at intervals throughout the night, waking me up on several occasions. Ice machine was broken on our floor.

Positives:
-The bathroom was large and updated with Bath&Body Works shampoo and lotion.
-Lots of coffee and tea in-room
-Towels were large and soft
-The bed was decently comfortable (Although the pillows were all too firm for us)
-The Staff was friendly
-The Room Service from the Pub was well-priced and unbelievably had GREAT BBQ RIBS! They were certainly not stingy with their portions and much cheaper than what you see in other hotels.

All-in-All, I didn't sleep well at this hotel and I would never stay here again OR even recommend it to a friend. There are higher star hotels in the area that you can stay at with nicer, updated, and less 'stinky' smoking rooms, for not much more or the same price.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 16, 2010

I booked a reservation through Priceline.com during the 4th of July weekend. We were staying for 3 nights, and in naming our own price through Priceline, we got a room for an excellent price; $55 per night plus tax.

The facility itself is in a GREAT location; close to downtown St. Louis and to attractions such as Grant's Farm. There is a large shopping mall basically across the street, and plenty of choices for food and restaurants (we loved the Krispy Kreme in the parking lot, and try El Pollo Loco nearby for some good and inexpensive Mexican food!).

The hotel itself is a bit dated, but still very comfortable. The bed iteself was WONDERFUL.... wish I could have taken it home with me! The A/C worked great, and we slept very soundly. The bathrooms were nice; everything you would need, though nothing fancy.

We visited the pool and hot tub downstairs; the pool was nice yet a bit on the small side. The jacuzzi was nice, although I think they might have put a bit much chorine in it, cause it smelled strongly like bleach. Probably not a bad thing though... better than sitting in funk!

We didn't eat at the hotel, since there was such a fantastic selection of places to go nearby, and the hotel's prices were a bit high. All in all, we felt like we had a comfortable stay, for a GREAT value, especially on a holiday weekend.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 7, 2010

We have stayed here 4 or 5 times in the past two years, as well as being from this area. The quality of service and facilities is really in decline. The staff was polite enough, but service was terrible. All we needed in the way of housekeeping was to have the trash emptied and fresh towels. We finally put the dirty towels in the hall because they hadn't been picked up. The trash did not get emptied for 2 days. There was a beer carton that sat in the hall for two days from another room. When I let the front desk know about the towels/trash, she just gave me a blank stare. It is also a little odd to me that they have both smoking and non-smoking rooms on the same floor.
The restaurant, which is operating under the name Malone's now, was terrible. The food was acceptable, but the service was horrendous. During breakfast, we waited for 30 minutes after getting the check waiting for the server to come back so I could pay. I finally just signed it over to my room charge. Lunch was worse. The food was bad, like it was cooked in old oil and we finally had to go over to the bar and stand around to get someone to take our money. The front desk had absolutely no response to that.
This used to be a really nice facility with a nice restaurant. I don't know what happened, but I won't be staying there again.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed March 7, 2010

This Hotel is dated. Not to mention the manager Melissa at the front desk is rude. I could swear I caught her drinking at the desk. She was trying to hide it but it was obvious with the smell and blood shot eyes you could tell. I'll be staying elsewhere next time.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank jennifereye
Reviewed January 11, 2010

I stayed here for a psychology internship interview at the VA St. Louis Medical Center. I took a taxi from the airport. The staff was very helpful, the pool was nice, although a bit challenging to swim laps in because of a middle lane-line (but not a problem). Breakfast was great, but it cost money (only five-something, because it is nine dollars, and you get a coupon for staying at the hotel). No food areas within a quick walk, though, and the restaurant had closed by the time I was ready to eat the evening I got there.

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled on business