“Comfortable Accomodations, nice facility, GREAT value!”

Holiday Inn St. Louis - South County Center
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Mehlville
Morrisville, North Carolina
“Comfortable Accomodations, nice facility, GREAT value!”
Reviewed July 16, 2010

I booked a reservation through Priceline.com during the 4th of July weekend. We were staying for 3 nights, and in naming our own price through Priceline, we got a room for an excellent price; $55 per night plus tax.

The facility itself is in a GREAT location; close to downtown St. Louis and to attractions such as Grant's Farm. There is a large shopping mall basically across the street, and plenty of choices for food and restaurants (we loved the Krispy Kreme in the parking lot, and try El Pollo Loco nearby for some good and inexpensive Mexican food!).

The hotel itself is a bit dated, but still very comfortable. The bed iteself was WONDERFUL.... wish I could have taken it home with me! The A/C worked great, and we slept very soundly. The bathrooms were nice; everything you would need, though nothing fancy.

We visited the pool and hot tub downstairs; the pool was nice yet a bit on the small side. The jacuzzi was nice, although I think they might have put a bit much chorine in it, cause it smelled strongly like bleach. Probably not a bad thing though... better than sitting in funk!

We didn't eat at the hotel, since there was such a fantastic selection of places to go nearby, and the hotel's prices were a bit high. All in all, we felt like we had a comfortable stay, for a GREAT value, especially on a holiday weekend.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
kansas
Reviewed April 7, 2010

We have stayed here 4 or 5 times in the past two years, as well as being from this area. The quality of service and facilities is really in decline. The staff was polite enough, but service was terrible. All we needed in the way of housekeeping was to have the trash emptied and fresh towels. We finally put the dirty towels in the hall because they hadn't been picked up. The trash did not get emptied for 2 days. There was a beer carton that sat in the hall for two days from another room. When I let the front desk know about the towels/trash, she just gave me a blank stare. It is also a little odd to me that they have both smoking and non-smoking rooms on the same floor.
The restaurant, which is operating under the name Malone's now, was terrible. The food was acceptable, but the service was horrendous. During breakfast, we waited for 30 minutes after getting the check waiting for the server to come back so I could pay. I finally just signed it over to my room charge. Lunch was worse. The food was bad, like it was cooked in old oil and we finally had to go over to the bar and stand around to get someone to take our money. The front desk had absolutely no response to that.
This used to be a really nice facility with a nice restaurant. I don't know what happened, but I won't be staying there again.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with family

Travelers are raving about these Mehlville hotels

Saint Louis
Reviewed March 7, 2010

This Hotel is dated. Not to mention the manager Melissa at the front desk is rude. I could swear I caught her drinking at the desk. She was trying to hide it but it was obvious with the smell and blood shot eyes you could tell. I'll be staying elsewhere next time.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank jennifereye
Davis
Reviewed January 11, 2010

I stayed here for a psychology internship interview at the VA St. Louis Medical Center. I took a taxi from the airport. The staff was very helpful, the pool was nice, although a bit challenging to swim laps in because of a middle lane-line (but not a problem). Breakfast was great, but it cost money (only five-something, because it is nine dollars, and you get a coupon for staying at the hotel). No food areas within a quick walk, though, and the restaurant had closed by the time I was ready to eat the evening I got there.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled on business
Louisburg, Kansas
Reviewed October 24, 2009

This hotel has plusses and minuses. Check in was quick and business like. We had a room with 2 queen beds. The room was clean, beds were comfortable. Bathroom was especially clean, nice fluffy towels and nice toiletries. Water in the shower tended to get hotter on its own at random times. Room did seem to have rather thin walls-could hear a lot of noise from other rooms-hairdryer, toilets, etc.
We went down to use the hot tub. Pool was nice and warm, good sized. The hot tub had no working jets-a lady who has a pool membership at the hotel said it was broken for weeks. We mentioned it to desk clerk-she said it had been broken for a couple of weeks but would let maintenence know.
We were in town for a funeral, and were gone from 830am till 330. When we returned to the room at 3:30, housekeeping was just now cleaning the room, what is up with that? Housekeeper was friendly though.
We had the breakfast buffet-it was tasty. Might stay again if they had a working hot tub.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
Ozark, Missouri
Reviewed July 29, 2009

My wife & I stayed here, making reservations on Priceline, and we were in town for a Cardinals' game. As previously mentioned, it's a good location, close to quite a bit of shopping and easily accessible from I-55. It's around a 20 minute drive to Busch Stadium, an easy drive mainly continuing on I-55.

The hotel has an indoor pool, a fitness center, a computer & printer available to guests in the lobby, and a restaurant/pub called Malone's, which I didn't have a chance to go to.

The front desk staff was friendly and the room was clean. The room featured Bath & Body Works toiletries, and extremely comfortable mattresses & beds. There was no fan in the bathroom, which is a nice feature but seems to be fairly rare in hotel room bathrooms.

In the morning, I did hear some maids and/or someone on the 2nd floor (We were on the 1st.), so I think some of the walls might be a little thin. You're just far enough off of Lindbergh Blvd. (and I-55) that you don't really hear any road noise, though.

Overall, a very nice stay, and somewhere my wife & I would definitely stay in again.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
malden missouri
Reviewed May 22, 2009

we have stayed here several times...great location for shopping mall acroos the street, shopping next door along with krispy cream. Right off Interstate 55 easy access and many attractions..friendly staff..rooms are pretty nice..Food and drinks...would stay again!!

• Stayed May 2009, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Mehlville
Hampton Inn & Suites St. Louis/South I-55
Holiday Inn St. Louis SW Route 66
Best Western St. Louis Inn
Best Western St. Louis Inn
#1 of 1 in Tesson Ferry
Days Inn ST. Louis Lindbergh Boulevard
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham St. Louis Westport Plaza
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham St. L...
#1 of 17 in Maryland Heights
Best Western Kirkwood Inn

Been to Holiday Inn St. Louis - South County Center? Share your experiences!