I booked a reservation through Priceline.com during the 4th of July weekend. We were staying for 3 nights, and in naming our own price through Priceline, we got a room for an excellent price; $55 per night plus tax.
The facility itself is in a GREAT location; close to downtown St. Louis and to attractions such as Grant's Farm. There is a large shopping mall basically across the street, and plenty of choices for food and restaurants (we loved the Krispy Kreme in the parking lot, and try El Pollo Loco nearby for some good and inexpensive Mexican food!).
The hotel itself is a bit dated, but still very comfortable. The bed iteself was WONDERFUL.... wish I could have taken it home with me! The A/C worked great, and we slept very soundly. The bathrooms were nice; everything you would need, though nothing fancy.
We visited the pool and hot tub downstairs; the pool was nice yet a bit on the small side. The jacuzzi was nice, although I think they might have put a bit much chorine in it, cause it smelled strongly like bleach. Probably not a bad thing though... better than sitting in funk!
We didn't eat at the hotel, since there was such a fantastic selection of places to go nearby, and the hotel's prices were a bit high. All in all, we felt like we had a comfortable stay, for a GREAT value, especially on a holiday weekend.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Where outstanding service is our specialty, the Holiday Inn South County Center Hotel in St. Louis! The Holiday Inn South County Center is conveniently located at I-55 and Lindbergh Blvd - just one mile north of I-270. Our location allows easy access to the multitude of visitor attractions and activities in the St. Louis area while offering relative tranquility and lack of congestion. Immediately opposite the hotel is the South County Shopping Center featuring over 120 stores and dining establishments. We are approximately 10 minutes from downtown St. Louis, 20 minutes from Six Flags, and 22 miles from St. Louis International Airport - Lambert Field. Our 7,000 square feet of meeting space is easily configured to accommodate groups from 10 to 600, and our dedicated meeting staff's attention to detail will leave you free to focus on your business priorities. Whether you're traveling with the whole family, or just a couple looking for a romantic getaway, the Holiday Inn South County offers several money-saving packages to choose from like our Over the Top Arch Package or our Breakfast in Bed Package. Call us for more information! For exceptional guest service at the ideal location, you can count on us! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, Priceline, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Expedia, IHG, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly, HotelsClick and HRS so you can book your Holiday Inn St. Louis - South County Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn St. Louis - South County Hotel Mehlville
- Holiday Inn Saint Louis
- Saint Louis Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn St. Louis - South County Center Saint Louis, MO