Holiday Inn St. Louis - South County Center
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
$119
$98
$94
$87
Hotels.com
All reviewshalf price appetizersfront deskkrispy kremepool areawould recommend this hotel to anyonenice lobbyfridge and microwavefamily weddingbed and pillowsbusiness travelfitness centerroom ratecoffee makerstlouischeckinrepair
FilterAll languages
Reviewed January 12, 2014 via mobile

After a long drive I wanted a budget hotel with a bar restaurant. The check in process was flawless. My room was bottom floor as requested. Room was clean, room smelled fresh, and bed was quite comfortable. Caution bathtub is extremely slick when wet. Bathtub could use a couple of nonskid strips. Restaurant for dinner was quite tasty and very reasonably priced. Real mashed potatoes and real home made potato chips. Beer was served in a chilled glass. It went down quite easy. Breakfast was a bit expensive at $11, but was all you could eat buffet style. The eggs and potatoes were fresh and tasted good. Hotel also has small business center with printer. I mention this because I did not bring my laptop and needed to print my work reports. It saved me a few dollars and the frustration of finding a Kinko's. Definitely will visit again.

Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed December 17, 2013

I think this place should have been demolished instead of spending all that money on a terrific renovation. It looks amazing when you enter the lobby, cool modern stylish. But soon as you get to your room the tranquility is over. From my front room I think I could hear every movement or use of any toilet in any of the rooms.......it was non stop..Staff is friendly rooms smell good and are clean but that's not much good if you can't sleep at night

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled solo
Cody B, General Manager at Holiday Inn St. Louis - South County Center, responded to this reviewResponded December 18, 2013

Thank you so much for your recent Tripadvisor review. We're always looking for ways to improve our service and our product, and these reviews are crucial in helping us succeed at both!

Overall, it's great to hear that your room was clean and the service from our staff was friendly throughout your stay. However, I'm sorry that the room was not quite and thus prevented you from enjoying a good nights sleep! After all, that's one of the most basic requirements that we provide. Please if at any time during your stay that you encounter a situation that doesn't surpass your expectations, contact the front desk or the Manager on Duty and we'll do everything that we can to make it right by you.

Thank you again for your review, and we hope to have you back with us in the future! We are reviewing dates to proceed with further enhancements to the property to help bring our lobby tranquility over to our guest rooms. Best Wishes!

Reviewed December 12, 2013 via mobile

This hotel has been renovated since I had last stayed here in October 2011. It was looking pretty rough back then. It has definitely improved since then, however you can still see signs of its age here and there.

The hotel is also a little difficult to get to off I-55. You have to turn left off S. Lindbergh blvd into a shopping center parking lot to get to the Hotel. I have to admit that this still beats trying to get in and out of a downtown hotel plus parking at this Holiday Inn is free.

Overall this is a good choice at a decent price and still convenient to downtown and Anheuser-Busch.

Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed November 2, 2013

The staff service and professionalism was exceptional. In, particular, restaurant server, Cvijan, she was personal, professional and the service was outstanding.

We were there to visit a very ill veteran brother that we served with in Viet Nam. The location was perfect, just minutes from our location and offered lots of options for restaurants and recreation.

Room Tip: The hotel was spotless and the service was exceptional.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 14, 2013

We booked this room because of a friend's wedding. We asked for adjoining rooms, which we got. The rooms were clean enough and the beds were very comfortable.
However, our initial impression of the room was awful with a stale smoke smell hitting our noses. The adjoining room also had the smell as well as another room rented by our other daughter. There was obvious water damage on the outside walls near the ceiling with damaged wallpaper and some kind of darkness up there. Don't know if it was a large crack or mold. The cabinetry was extremely worn. The vanity sink had some sort of crack and was slow. There was no fan in the bathroom. The rooms definitely needed some updating!
One of the biggest inconvenience was the lack of an internet signal. We called the desk once and were forwarded to an IT person. Talked to the desk another time. I had to go to the lobby to use my ipad because the problem was never fixed.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn St. Louis - South County Center, responded to this reviewResponded October 30, 2013

Dear BJFSub,

Thank you for taking the time to express your thoughts and concerns. We highly value views, opinions and feedback from our guests, as this allows us to constantly improve the service we provide.

We read with much concern the troubles you have encountered during your stay with us. We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience you had with the room condition particularly with the smell and we are truly sorry for the dissatisfaction you had with our internet service.

Your comments are being shared with the hotel management and appropriate action will be taken. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. To better assist you on your next stay, please do not hesitate to approach the Manager on Duty.

Dhan M