Holiday Inn St. Louis - South County Center
  • Breakfast included
Duplex Motel(Crestwood)
Sunset Lodge(Sunset Hills)
View Hotel
All reviewshalf price appetizersfront deskkrispy kremepool areawould recommend this hotel to anyonenice lobbyfridge and microwavefamily weddingbed and pillowsbusiness travelfitness centerroom ratecoffee makerstlouischeckinrepair
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 4, 2013 via mobile

I stayed at this facility for 2 weeks and the housekeeping staff did an outstanding job cleaning my room. Mike, the shuttle driver, was great as well. He always made sure we were all accounted for and on time for our meetings daily.

The front desk staff - ALL SHIFTS- were nice, polite and very helpful. It was one of the better hotel experiences I have had. THANK U HOLIDAY INN.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed September 23, 2013

This hotel was ok. For the most part the room was clean and updated. The let out couch was not cleaned on the inside as there was old coffee cups in the mattress. The staff were very polite and security conscious. The exercise room and pool was good. The worst thing was the breakfast. Not only was it $11 for an average continental breakfast but the food was awful. The service was non existent ( we stood there waiting for someone to seat us for 15 minutes while everyone else was seated around us). Finally we sat ourselves and started on our bland journey. Pancakes had no flavor and the omlets were taste less. For $23 total I'd recommend the Wendy's across the street. Also it was pretty far from most attractions. I'd suggest somewhere closer to down town.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn St. Louis - South County Center, responded to this reviewResponded October 9, 2013

Dear jw98,

Thank you for your review regarding your recent visit at our hotel and for providing us with your valuable feedback. It is great to hear that you enjoyed your room and the majority of features provided. Most importantly, I would like to apologize for any inconvenience your breakfast experience may have caused you. I have taken note and wish to thank you for all your valuable comments. These are of great importance to us and allow us to monitor and improve our service continually.

Janice A
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed September 21, 2013

We enjoyed our stay, our room was fine. The staff were very pleasant. Our second night there was an eventful night. Apparently someone decides to smoke in their room at 3 in the morning and set off the fire alarm! So needless to say the staff came & had us all evacuate the building. They were great about getting all of the people out, very orderly. The only bad thing we saw that night was the north side of the building wasn't well lit, & we witnessed a young mother & her baby fall on the steps. They seemed fine with the help of several people. Thank God!
Over all we were please!
Thanks, B&B

• Stayed: September 2013
Reviewed September 19, 2013

I have been a business traveler for 28 years. I have only checked out of 3 or 4 hotels in all that time because of the room quality. This was one of those. The first room they gave me was horribly stinky and dismal. When I asked for a better room (I'm Platinum with IHG, how hard can this be?) they gave me an equally smelly handicap room on the first floor that was marginally cleaner. It was too late and I was too tired to leave, or I would have. The room had dust bunnies, soap scum and coffee rings on the furniture. Nothing had been wiped down, disinfected, dusted or vacuumed. There was a giant tangle of hair and crud on the bathroom floor. Both when I checked in and when I checked out and voiced my complaint, the staff was very unprofessional, uncaring and seemed really put out that I would be dissatisfied. This hotel is to be avoided at all costs. It has the potential to be nice, but the management issues with housekeeping and the front desk are in my opinion insurmountable. I moved to the Holiday Inn Express in Fenton. It is a far nicer hotel.

Room Tip: go elsewhere
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank GiantStride
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn St. Louis - South County Center, responded to this reviewResponded October 5, 2013

Dear GiantStride,

Thank you for being an IHG Rewards Club Platinum member and for leaving us a feedback.

We are saddened to hear of your encounters in our hotel and would like to extend our sincere apologies for we fell below your expectations on the level of cleanliness and truly sorry for the poor customer care. It is our fullest intention to provide the best experience to our elite members, as such, we are constantly looking into areas of improvements in the best of our efforts assuring you of our best attention and service at all times.

Your feedback is not only essential but is also a helpful tool to measure the level of service we extend to our guests and at the same time provides us with an opportunity to improve our standards. We hope that you give us a chance to change your perception of our hotel.

Dhan M
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed September 17, 2013

The décor of the hotel lobby very impressive. Check-in fast and friendly. Our room was nice, very clean, spacious and quiet. Disappointed for the fact, very weak internet. Had to use the computer in the lobby area. Needs to be updated or change servers. $11.00 breakfast pricey for the quality of food. Location is good with the exception of trying to get to the hotel itself. Must go through a shopping center parking lot. Overall, the hotel was good and would stay again.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple