“GREAT SERVICE”

Holiday Inn St. Louis - South County Center
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Mehlville
“GREAT SERVICE”
Reviewed October 4, 2013 via mobile

I stayed at this facility for 2 weeks and the housekeeping staff did an outstanding job cleaning my room. Mike, the shuttle driver, was great as well. He always made sure we were all accounted for and on time for our meetings daily.

The front desk staff - ALL SHIFTS- were nice, polite and very helpful. It was one of the better hotel experiences I have had. THANK U HOLIDAY INN.

Stayed October 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
jw98
Reviewed September 23, 2013

This hotel was ok. For the most part the room was clean and updated. The let out couch was not cleaned on the inside as there was old coffee cups in the mattress. The staff were very polite and security conscious. The exercise room and pool was good. The worst thing was the breakfast. Not only was it $11 for an average continental breakfast but the food was awful. The service was non existent ( we stood there waiting for someone to seat us for 15 minutes while everyone else was seated around us). Finally we sat ourselves and started on our bland journey. Pancakes had no flavor and the omlets were taste less. For $23 total I'd recommend the Wendy's across the street. Also it was pretty far from most attractions. I'd suggest somewhere closer to down town.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn St. Louis - South County Center, responded to this review, October 9, 2013
Dear jw98,

Thank you for your review regarding your recent visit at our hotel and for providing us with your valuable feedback. It is great to hear that you enjoyed your room and the majority of features provided. Most importantly, I would like to apologize for any inconvenience your breakfast experience may have caused you. I have taken note and wish to thank you for all your valuable comments. These are of great importance to us and allow us to monitor and improve our service continually.

Janice A
Reviewed September 21, 2013

We enjoyed our stay, our room was fine. The staff were very pleasant. Our second night there was an eventful night. Apparently someone decides to smoke in their room at 3 in the morning and set off the fire alarm! So needless to say the staff came & had us all evacuate the building. They were great about getting all of the people out, very orderly. The only bad thing we saw that night was the north side of the building wasn't well lit, & we witnessed a young mother & her baby fall on the steps. They seemed fine with the help of several people. Thank God!
Over all we were please!
Thanks, B&B

• Stayed September 2013
Pennsylvania
Reviewed September 19, 2013

I have been a business traveler for 28 years. I have only checked out of 3 or 4 hotels in all that time because of the room quality. This was one of those. The first room they gave me was horribly stinky and dismal. When I asked for a better room (I'm Platinum with IHG, how hard can this be?) they gave me an equally smelly handicap room on the first floor that was marginally cleaner. It was too late and I was too tired to leave, or I would have. The room had dust bunnies, soap scum and coffee rings on the furniture. Nothing had been wiped down, disinfected, dusted or vacuumed. There was a giant tangle of hair and crud on the bathroom floor. Both when I checked in and when I checked out and voiced my complaint, the staff was very unprofessional, uncaring and seemed really put out that I would be dissatisfied. This hotel is to be avoided at all costs. It has the potential to be nice, but the management issues with housekeeping and the front desk are in my opinion insurmountable. I moved to the Holiday Inn Express in Fenton. It is a far nicer hotel.

Room Tip: go elsewhere
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank GiantStride
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn St. Louis - South County Center, responded to this review, October 5, 2013
Dear GiantStride,

Thank you for being an IHG Rewards Club Platinum member and for leaving us a feedback.

We are saddened to hear of your encounters in our hotel and would like to extend our sincere apologies for we fell below your expectations on the level of cleanliness and truly sorry for the poor customer care. It is our fullest intention to provide the best experience to our elite members, as such, we are constantly looking into areas of improvements in the best of our efforts assuring you of our best attention and service at all times.

Your feedback is not only essential but is also a helpful tool to measure the level of service we extend to our guests and at the same time provides us with an opportunity to improve our standards. We hope that you give us a chance to change your perception of our hotel.

Dhan M
IHGCare

Travelers are raving about these Mehlville hotels

Indiana
Reviewed September 17, 2013

The décor of the hotel lobby very impressive. Check-in fast and friendly. Our room was nice, very clean, spacious and quiet. Disappointed for the fact, very weak internet. Had to use the computer in the lobby area. Needs to be updated or change servers. $11.00 breakfast pricey for the quality of food. Location is good with the exception of trying to get to the hotel itself. Must go through a shopping center parking lot. Overall, the hotel was good and would stay again.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Rockford, Illinois, United States
Reviewed September 9, 2013

I will definitely stay here when visiting the area as i do on a regular basis for work. Very clean, nice clean rooms, great staff, very friendly. Located around much shopping and food establishments. Free coffee bar in mornings, pool, etc.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed August 9, 2013

I travel all over and sadly for how beautiful this hotel was the service from the staff ruined the experiance! We had booked our hotel on hotwire and after I made the reservation I call the hotel and spoke to a woman that promised me two queen beds. When we arrived at the hotel, a very rude girl by the name of Jax told me they were all booked and told me that I couldn't have the room I was promised. She told me she couldn't help me because I had booked with hotwire. Well, I told her I wasn't happy and I needed to talk to a manager. She said he was out in meetings at the moment. She told me that she couldn't help me at the moment because there was a lady behind me. So I let the lady behind me go and then the line quickly backed up to the door. So my friends and I waited patiently for the line to go down, which was around 30-45 minutes and went back up to her. Then she proceeded to call her so called "manager". She said that he said there was nothing that they could do because they were all booked. She told me that she would put us in the room and if the one that we had been promised came availible then she would call us either way at 6 when her manager came in. Then when we walked around the corner we heard her tell another employee that she couldn't get ahold of anybody! So she flat out lied to us. Then imagine this, she never called at 6, I'm sure that is when she got off work so she wouldn't have to face us. So I talked to the evening manager Kenny when I arrived that evening back to the hotel and he told me that even though I was promised the room the screwed up and didn't put a note on my account that I wanted the spacific room type. He proceeded to tell me that I booked my trip through hotwire so he couldn't even view the resorvation and that he didn't even know how much I paid for the room. Like it mattered?? I feel like I was treated this way because I booked on Hotwire. If they don't want to treat people that book on third party sites the same way they treat the other customers then DON'T OFFER ROOMS ON THIRD PARTY SITES!!!!! To top it all off, the microwave was broke in our room, we had cigar burns in the bedding, bugs on our walls, and the sheet rock was severly damaged! Horrible trip and would never stay here again, I am having hotwire block this hotel!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Katrina04
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn St. Louis - South County Center, responded to this review, August 26, 2013
Dear Katrina04,

Thank you very much for sharing your experience with us. We value your comments as they help us to improve our services and surpass the very high standards of service our guests expect.

Reservations made through third party sources have certain restrictions that can only be managed by the office or website where the reservation was made. At the same time, requests made are not guaranteed and it will only be accommodated based on availability upon check in. I am truly sorry for the inconvenience this has caused you and apologize for the dissatisfaction you have encountered.

Dhan M
IHGCare
Also consider these accommodations in or near Mehlville
Hampton Inn & Suites St. Louis/South I-55
Best Western St. Louis Inn
Best Western St. Louis Inn
#1 of 1 in Tesson Ferry
Holiday Inn St. Louis SW Route 66
La Quinta Inn & Suites St. Louis Westport
La Quinta Inn & Suites St. Louis...
#2 of 17 in Maryland Heights
Best Western Kirkwood Inn
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham St. Louis Westport Plaza
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham St. L...
#1 of 17 in Maryland Heights

Been to Holiday Inn St. Louis - South County Center? Share your experiences!