“Easy Going”

Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Mehlville
Wichita, Kansas
“Easy Going”
Reviewed September 13, 2011

I was in town for a bridal shower and needed a hotel in the central location of the places I needed to go. My friend from the area came and stayed with me. I prepaid using their website and ended up getting a discount, so no complaints there. The entrance is a little tricky especially if you need to make a left out of the building, you will have to make a right and than circle around. Whenever we needed something, we found the staff to be very friendly and helpful. One night my friend and I were sitting out in her car and a sercurity guard came over to make sure everything was alright and that we didn't need any assistance. I found that to be very reassuring that they wanted to know and keep non-guests out. The rooms and the hotel are very neat and clean. The pool and hot tub were very relaxing and well mantained. At checkout, we lost both of our keys somehow and staff was very friendly and easy going about it. The only thing I wished they had was a fridge in the room. They were having an issue with 1 of their elevators, but they were fixing the problem. Try to park in the front it makes it easier to get into the hotel.

Room Tip: Try to stay on the 3rd floor less foot noise
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed August 9, 2011

I want to thank the entire staff. This was our first time staying at this location . I entered the building and was greeted with Lisa's beautiful smile. Lisa was very friendly and helpful. I did not leave the front desk not knowing all the great compensations that were available for my daughter and her friends. I also want to thank Ken in the Lounge who was also very kind. This place is extremely beautiful for kids as well a couple. I went out on the back deck were they have a smoking area it was just as relaxing as the inside.The entire staff made you feel welcome and at home. It wouldn't be right if I left out the amazing staff in the restaurant. Special thanks to Lisa and Traci who were very overwhelming.

Room Tip: The Holidome Room is in the area of everything
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends
2 Thank SIrChoo
sonoma county
Reviewed August 9, 2011

We stopped at St. Louis for an unplanned visit since I had never been there. Had no info coming into town. I was pleasantly surprised. The accommodations aren't much, but the staff make up for it. Bart was especially helpful and telling us about good places to go since we only had one day. I want to come back to St. Louis and will probably stay there. Good pillows; good towels. Like others, we would have expected a Free refrig from a motel in this price range. We've been used to free breakfast and free receive from best westerns and country inns and and comfort inns for about the same price. They replace the sofa bed in room 102 soon-- that was an embarrassment! Showsnlack of pride. They should have just had nothing there.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 18, 2011

I was scared when we pulled up as the outside of the hotel is a bit dingy and in need of a facelift. Once we entered, I was much more at ease. Staff at check in was friendly and accommodating. Room was spacious (kind with pull out couch), but didn't have fridge/microwave.

Pool and outside patio area were comfortable and the children enjoyed spending time there. Breakfast buffet in the hotel (about ten bucks) was average.

Would stay again if discount rate was found.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed January 16, 2011

the pool area is too cold - no furnace - the changing room, bathroom, and deck are filthy

• Stayed January 2011, traveled with friends
Minnesota
Reviewed December 18, 2010

Stranded in St. Louis during the Minnepolis storm Dec.11 (couldn't get home due to closed airport). Staff was outstanding and accommodating as we tried to make a game plan. Allowed us to stay additional two hours beyond check out. Helped us book a room in a hotel closer to airport for 6 am departure. Gave us mapquest directions. Just went above and beyond in servive. Our 2 day stay had been very relaxing as we traveled to St. Louis originally for a family wedding. Accommodations were clean even though not new and although we have gotten spoiled with continental breakfasts, the hotel resturant was a great gathering place as we all arrived. The location was central to our nees. Could not have been more enjoyable. Do agree that finding the entrance was confusing. Just use the light and it's all fine. Entrance is just down the street. Call the hotel when close and they will "talk you in". Thank you for everything.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with family
Columbus, Ohio
Reviewed November 18, 2010

This Holiday Inn is hard to find. It's a conference hotel and we booked the room through Hotwire for a good rate. The bed was much too soft for our comfort, and the pillows were thick--too thick for my wife who slept without one.

We asked about the availability of a microwave shortly after arriving because we wanted to make some popcorn, and were told that they could bring one to the room for a $10 fee. Most motels in this class at least provide a microwave for general use either in the lobby or near the vending machines, and we certainly were not going to pay $10 to pop some popcorn!

When the turned on the heat, we discovered that the heating unit made a loud noise, which later on woke me up in the middle of the night. After having stayed at a Courtyard by Marriott just a few nights before, this Holiday Inn just could not compare.

On the other hand, I liked the convenience of their coffee service in the lobby just off the main elevators. It's a nice place overall, really, but there were too many annoyances and I'd advise friends to look elsewhere.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank DennisKC
Also consider these accommodations in or near Mehlville
Hampton Inn & Suites St. Louis/South I-55
Best Western St. Louis Inn
Best Western St. Louis Inn
#1 of 1 in Tesson Ferry
Holiday Inn St. Louis SW Route 66
Days Inn ST. Louis Lindbergh Boulevard
Hampton Inn St. Louis/Sunset Hills
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham St. Louis Westport Plaza
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham St. L...
#1 of 17 in Maryland Heights

Been to Holiday Inn St. Louis - South County Center? Share your experiences!